GliderCENTRAL

Castille soap?

Posted By: sandbat

Castille soap? - 05/16/09 10:56 PM

I did a search for this earlier, as I thought it might've been mentioned before. But is castille soap (specifically Dr. Bronner's) safe to use around gliders? I am waiting for the Scooter's Choice Cage Disinfectant & Cleaner I ordered from Sun Coast Gliders's online shop, and I've been using mild dish soap on their things in the meantime. I wash their cage set and reptarium screen with detergent. But does anyone know if Dr. Bronner's is okay to use around them?
Posted By: LSardou

Re: Castille soap? - 05/16/09 11:52 PM

As long as there are no harsh chemicals, and it's organic I would say that it's safe to use.

Re: Castille soap? - 05/17/09 02:03 AM

Thanks. I scrubbed down their tent with the lavender-scented soap diluted in water last night because I thought they'd like the scent. I'll try eucalyptus next. smile
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: Castille soap? - 05/17/09 02:40 PM

I would hesitate to use a yummy scent on the tent and its screen - it might encourage my glider kids to chew on it.

Re: Castille soap? - 05/17/09 08:49 PM

I just used it on the tent floor - I also wondered what might happen if I made the tent screen smell delicious. that said, I'll watch to make sure they don't chew the floor.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL