GliderCENTRAL

Male Neutered while Female Pregnant... Okay?

Posted By: SuggieGirl16

Male Neutered while Female Pregnant... Okay? - 07/22/15 01:16 AM

So I am very sure that my female glider is pregnant after she and my male mated about two weeks ago (I've posted a few questions about this when it happened). She has been licking her belly area quite a bit and started "singing" which is something she has never ever done before. That being said, I definitely do not want anymore joeys after this set and I have an appointment scheduled to have him neutered next week. However, I just want to make sure that it is okay that I am getting him neutered before she has the babies. It won't effect his involvement or behavior towards her or their joeys when they are OOP will it? I definitely don't want to be putting any additional stress on her or put the joeys in any kind of danger.

Thanks everyone!
Posted By: Feather

Re: Male Neutered while Female Pregnant... Okay? - 07/22/15 02:27 AM

No, it won't affect his involvement with the joeys. It will just prevent him from mating with her when they come OOP.

Too keep the stress down, provided he doesn't have any problems with the neuter, he can go right back in with her after his neuter.

I see your in Wisconsin, who is doing the neuter?
Posted By: SuggieGirl16

Re: Male Neutered while Female Pregnant... Okay? - 07/22/15 03:22 AM

Harris Pet Hospital, it is in Paddock Lake. I called around quite a bit and they seem like the least expensive vet who still knows what they are doing. I called one place and they said they would do the neuter and then asked me what a sugar glider was, yikes! This place seemed quite knowledgeable so I feel pretty comfortable with them doing the neuter. Have you heard of them?
Posted By: Feather

Re: Male Neutered while Female Pregnant... Okay? - 07/22/15 03:33 AM

:thumb2:
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL