GliderCENTRAL

JUST WITNESSED THE BIRTH!

Posted By: SuggieGirl16

JUST WITNESSED THE BIRTH! - 07/28/15 10:22 PM

Oh my gosh!!! So as I posted previously, I highly suspected that my glider was pregnant (licking her belly/singing), and I kept a close eye on her today as it would be exactly 17 days since my male and her last mated, hoping to see if she gave birth. And she did! I heard her making some noises in her pouch and I took a quick peek, and there she was on her back singing while a little pink thing crawled up her tummy to her pouch. I couldn't believe it! I only saw one, but for all I know another one could have already crawled in the pouch before I came to look. It was amazing! I couldn't believe that that tiny little thing could find its way up to her pouch! Incredible! Needless to say I am about to become a new mom of glider #3 in about 2 months! I was nervous about everything at first, but now that I have done enough research and everything seems to be going well I am actually really excited! What an amazing experience smile
Posted By: Feather

Re: JUST WITNESSED THE BIRTH! - 07/28/15 10:59 PM

Congratulations!
Posted By: LSardou

Re: JUST WITNESSED THE BIRTH! - 07/28/15 11:29 PM

clap I am so thrilled to hear that your little one had her baby(s), and more excited to hear that you actually were able to see it happening! That is AWESOME!

Your little ones are very LUCKY to have you.

Good Luck and be sure to post pictures when they are OOP.

Re: JUST WITNESSED THE BIRTH! - 07/28/15 11:45 PM

Thank you! smile I really didn't expect to witness the birth, as I know that is quite rare. What I found especially sweet was the fact that Luka (my male/the father) was licking her head the whole time. SO CUTE! I will definitely be posting pictures when the joey(s) come oop!

Re: JUST WITNESSED THE BIRTH! - 08/06/15 07:39 PM

UPDATE: Officially one joey in the pouch!

I am only seeing one bump in her pouch as of right now. It is clearly lopsided. That being said, I'm sure that must mean there is only one joey. Which I am honestly relieved about. As happy as I would have been to have twins, I feel much more comfortable with the addition of just one baby. Mommy (Lucy) is doing well. She is eating and playing normally. She does seem to be a bit more clingy to me though, barking when I leave the room at night. She is also spending more time sleeping. But from what I have read this is all normal. So excited for the new joey! smile
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL