GliderCENTRAL

Back in pouch

Posted By: Cathayvet

Back in pouch - 05/30/16 03:10 AM

Today was Ripley's OOP day. Fully out, but now went back in and momma Mavis is jumping around with a full pouch. Only one joey. I guess it is better than leaving her out. Pouch is best. Is that normal to let them back in? I just get worried ,this is my first joey.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Back in pouch - 05/30/16 02:16 PM

I wouldn't worry. One may just need a day or two of extra pouch security wink It's a pretty big place out here shock
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: Back in pouch - 05/30/16 02:27 PM

By "fully out" do you mean that he had actually detached from the nipple?

Mindy would take her joeys out of her pouch for grooming etc for several days before they were actually detached from the nipple - then stuff them back in to leave the sleeping pouch to play and eat.

Some mama gliders will stuff a fully OOP joey - especially single ones - back in the pouch until they are just too big to fit.

Unless you see the joey away from mom it may not have detached from the nipple to be fully OOP. Don't try to pick it up until you are positive it has detached on its own.

Re: Back in pouch - 05/30/16 03:10 PM

Here is her announcement w/pics , Candy.

Yep, I'd say they are detached rofl

ETA: Well, this one may not have been fulled detached. Is this the one we are talking about?
Posted By: Cathayvet

Re: Back in pouch - 05/30/16 06:50 PM

Yes fully detached. She came out again this morning to give the world a second chance. I can do whatever i want as long as momma has a mealie. When she is out both parents are very attentive. If there is free room and board i would go back in. Typical kids today. I just get worried seeing her on the wheel with joey still inside.

Re: Back in pouch - 05/30/16 08:03 PM

:rofl2:
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL