GliderCENTRAL

the second round

Posted By: mechnut450

the second round - 04/01/16 12:36 PM

lol My last topic about my growing colonies of glider was stuffed away when it got to 100 post. So I will start a second round. Nothing major changed since last topic , Outside of the fact Leeloo ( our little tripod glider) will now jump to me in the mornings( or evenings if i am up late enough) to me from the cage ( or pouch ) so far it been good Elda not loosing any or gaining any weight ( still staying around 50-61 grams)We think her and Squishy are just older than we were led to believe ( not that it matters to me) My wife made me a summer pouch with extra loops on the bottom so I can run a strap around my waist and not swing the gliders about as I work ( so no more bouncing them off of the petter cages or rodent tanks at work ) Sterling our newest glider is not a big nipper anymore (only wants to put everything in his mouth like a little kid lol)

I want to work with my boss and set up a safe haven(drop off place for gliders at work and if it goes well expand it for adoptions I set up a proper cage with everything for gliders) IF he ok with it. I just need to find a spot it can work and figure out if i can get supplies and such to sell at work. (like proper safe wheels, cages, diet stuff and such. I know I can work with my wife for making pouches and cage sets.) I know i need to look into this more and such.

I think I could use a lot of the contract stuff I gotten from members here and talk it out with my boss and see if they think it would work out. (I would require all males to be neutered before adoptions) SO much to do and plan for and now that it warm time ot start grass cutting lol.
Posted By: Temulin

Re: the second round - 04/01/16 09:44 PM

Aww your tripodipus sounds adorable. Pictures? I love three-legged animals and weird animals in general, haha. Good luck with your rescue endeavors! Sounds exciting!
Posted By: Feather

Re: the second round - 04/02/16 12:33 AM

:thumb2:
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: the second round - 04/03/16 12:48 PM

It's great to hear Leeloo has overcome her chalenges! I remember when you got her.

I assume the pet shop is an "Mom and Pop" operation? Those are disappearing and franchises seem to be taking over in many parts of the country we travel in. We seek out "Mom and Pop" stores and shop there when we can.

It's a great idea! I just hope your boss thinks so too. If he doesn't go for it at first, give him a little time and try again. It could be very lucrative for him and bring more customers/ supporters in his door. Many glider owners have other pets they shop for... Ok, I'm stopping here, but my mind is running 90 to nothing on the possibilities... Good luck and keep us posted.

Re: the second round - 04/11/16 01:44 AM

Well I know he doesn't want to deal with the lic and permit stuff to sell gliders and I not sure if he be willing to let me set up a little cage or such ( for gliders to be dropped off in, if the owners no longer want them.)

Re: the second round - 04/25/16 11:59 AM

Sadly the boss does not want anything to do with a adoption deal or even a drop off for gliders that are unwanted ( worried he need the usda Lic). Plus my wife said no way in ****** we were having more gliders in the house. But I do keep my eye open for those that may need me lol. Plus I got a list of people looking into the idea of having a pair of masters. ( i would only adopt out gliders in pairs for the Glider benefit ) My gliders are doing good still now weight gain on Elda I guess she going to be one of those skinny butts that always look like she hungry.

Re: the second round - 04/26/16 11:35 PM

Mechnut, you tell ringtail that Tucker would be disappointed in her not letting more gliders come in temporarily. It is only fair as there are 34 here right now.

Re: the second round - 04/28/16 06:28 PM

Lol Feather when we see you at the SGGA you can put her to work feeding your hoard lol. We planned a week off so can not rush though and bail out early Sunday and drag butt the rest of week. I still will take any little stinker in that dropped off to me or at work.

Re: the second round - 04/28/16 08:35 PM

I have all of Mary's gliders and her cat here right now. Nothing like 34 total fuzzy butts in the apartment.

Re: the second round - 04/28/16 10:22 PM

Oh wow. We watch a our friend's glider's while they go to Florida each year. and this year was asked to find them a new home as the rest of the family didn't help care for them and he was getting too busy with work ,and felt he was neglecting them. Mrs Biddle has them and they intro their selves to the rest of her colony lol.

I got a feeling I going to end up at a vet one night Ringtail keeps leaving cage doors open when she gets food bowls out or stakes pictures a lot. Lucky by the time I come home their still asleep and I just close the door and give a text.
Posted By: Hutch

Re: the second round - 04/28/16 11:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Feather
Nothing like 34 total fuzzy butts in the apartment.

shock :willy: shock

Sleep much?

Re: the second round - 05/08/16 10:15 PM

so due to the weather I was away from home overnight ( and working evenings the nights before so i could not take the glider kids to work ( getting off at 930 pm then going to grab my wife from her job will not work with the gliders wanting to get out explore and eat anything that they may find in the truck,( more worried they get under the dash or into the ac/heater vents.)

Anyhow i when i came home this afternoon (430sh ) I happen to pop my head into the glider/pc room and I had 8 of the 9 gliders looking at me like hey dad. The one Luna didn't give 2 rats butts . I even open the cages and gave little love scratches in my grass smeared fingers and everyone was happy. I gotten out of the shower and I can still hear them popping as i typing this
Posted By: KarenE

Re: the second round - 05/09/16 02:33 PM

Isn't it great to be welcomed home by the furkids grin
Posted By: Terry

Re: the second round - 05/09/16 02:49 PM

Cute!

My trio lets me know when they miss me, but sometimes it's the cold shoulder.

Re: the second round - 05/30/16 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: KarenE
Isn't it great to be welcomed home by the furkids grin

So true I just widh it was safe to take them with me when i cut grass I know several of my customers would love to see them. I might even have to prevent a glider-napping lol.

On a good note we happened to weight Elda and she up to almost 70 grams.and Leeloo up to 94 and our fat girl (Momo)up to 140 grams but they still all happy and eating most the time.

Re: the second round - 06/04/16 01:44 PM

So My crabber surprised me this week by doing something similar when i came home ( she only got the 3 legs and crabs all the time. but she jumped on me and went into my shirt pocket to sleep and was purring and popping. This makes it harder and harder to go and cut every week lol. Last year I called you all lairs if you told me I get attached to such a small bundle of fur.

Re: the second round - 06/05/16 04:00 PM

cloud9

Re: the second round - 06/09/16 02:11 AM

She is a jewel!

Fiona will hop into my hoodie, been doing that for almost a year. Now Dot has started to join her most of the time. A huge change from a year ago.

Re: the second round - 06/21/16 12:16 AM

sorry been busy with work and such ( sprained ankle, next day pulled my back) and during all this trying to work and do the grass cutting.. I can say days I don't have gliders with me I am miserable and can't wait to get home. I been so tired lately ( i worked almost 40 in 6 days ( more than I get in 2 weeks normally ) I also still messed up from my injuries. It has sucked for the gliders too, I had to put something like ice hot on my back 3 different days, Poor Momo got upset cause i would not let her in my shirt those days but i don't want her to ingest anything the icy hot stuff ( it smelled more like peaches than mint ) but we been spoiling them and they let a officer know what they though of him lol..

Re: the second round - 07/05/16 05:41 PM

Oh joy we up to 11 and possible More by end of month( wife got a surprise coming).

Re: the second round - 08/03/16 11:37 AM

So we are up to 12 officially and there are still rescues, and other things to contend with. We took 7 of the gliders to the SGGA this year and came home with 8 lol. The 89th glider was a semi planned event about 8 weeks before lol..

My wife and her friend did intros right away after the putting the new boy ( neutered) in with each girl in the bath tub at the hotel and there was a little crabbing ( freya was unsure what sucha a small Joey was at first) but they all get along and he really taken to marshmellow so hopefully this will calm her down some( I can keep my blood lol)

Re: the second round - 08/03/16 02:40 PM

LOL

We didn't come home with any extra gliders, but I did pick up another rescue yesterday. That takes my numbers up to 22.

Re: the second round - 08/03/16 09:14 PM

Kim I wave been offerewd 6 gliders in the last 2 days I have ot turn away cause my landlord would kick us out. I have the 1 that is left coming but he going to be paired with the girls and hopefully they get along and I can keep my wife from having a huge fit . cause by his age I think he wont be able to go back out to another person.

Re: the second round - 08/08/16 09:08 PM

So who our resident head shrink lol . I end up adopting Vino from G3mini, and he been a perfect example of what a glider can be. I know she didn't want to give him up as she had him from my understanding since he was a Joey and he is about 7 years old. I am hoping to pair him with the 2 girls and form a trio ( or with Muffin and Sterling if him and the girl dont get along). I am officially can say I don't have the room to house anym ore gliders lol unless the girls get adopted out ( if they fail to make a trio)

I was contacted today and asked for help for a lady and her granddaughter . They rescued a glider than been bounce around a lot before they got him/her. The granddaughter has spent the over a year working with him and is the only one he Trust now. wont let anyone else handle him with out biting the crap out of them. She had to wear gloves and a coat at first and now he and her are best bud's.. I may see if I can help her find a buddy for him and or show her the ropes more. ( They need nails done and are coming tomorrow to have them done , the vet wanted 100 bucks to do them.)

Re: the second round - 08/09/16 07:14 PM

Welcome to my world, Terry! I have 4 gliders, a bearded dragon, a salamander and a hedgehog coming some time today.

The herps and hog should be going back out right away, as I checked all my sources and should have them adopted out tomorrow as I know nothing about herps or hogs.

Re: the second round - 08/13/16 12:04 PM

We had a horrible scare with the rescue yesterday. He had what we think is a stress induced seizure, I ended up face-timing ( I think that what it called ) with bourbon right after it happened. I was texting her mainly to see if I need to get a few speeding tickets and race to the preferred vet or rush to the Er vet since he stopped active seizing. As we talked she suggested to watch him. WE seem to think that with the sudden changes he had in the last 10 days may of overwhelmed him, He been neutered , dropped off to a stranger, with new cage, new cage-mates (do to depression we seen jumped him right in with the 2 girls and restarted their QT), new diet and yesterday I took them to work. I am hopping that it was mainly due to going from ac to truck( which we all know takes any vehicle forever to cool down), back to the ac once kicked out enough cool air that it might of pushed him over the edge and cause his seizure. Once home ( i did a little unsafe driving but fire company years paid off lol)I got him home and he been fine ever since. He was first to the dinner plate last night and was running in the wheel at 4 am when I checked on him.

Re: the second round - 08/25/16 10:31 AM

Well this morning we learn Vino does not glide, he plops to the floor he tried to jump off of us to the cage and plops to the floor ( then spent some time to caught him to put back in the cage) He also no a fish snack lover lol

Re: the second round - 08/25/16 12:59 PM

Hahaha, sounds like Arthur's less than impressive leaps grin

Re: the second round - 08/26/16 09:18 PM

Tucker did that once and never tried again. He just gave you the look...... Woman put your hand over here so I can walk on.

Re: the second round - 09/13/16 11:34 PM

so I guess we making another glider vet trip to the vet soon. Our oldest glider ( and the one that started us on this slavery trip) seems to have lost a front top tooth this past weekend. She seems find does favor it a little ( thinking it happen the night before we seen it) so might be tender. she still eating like a crazy glider who never had food before the little piggy lol. the rest are all doing great and loving the sissy pouches. ( i need to make a cover for the webbing the ends seem to rub my neck and itch me.

Re: the second round - 09/14/16 01:44 AM

The big thing is to make sure all of that tooth is out so that there is nothing in there to cause an infection down the line.

Re: the second round - 09/21/16 11:49 AM

I think Vino has accepted me a lot now., I taken him to work with me a couple times now, no stress seizures( which I am glad of) Yesterday I was holding him for a person to see what a glider was and she went to try and pet him he took off up my arm to getaway from her and I showed him the pouch and he went right into it. I been getting more of the little nips from him vs the scared and shaking ball he was. Sadly Sasha still got her baldish spots ( above her eyes and on her rump. We are not sure if she just done it so long or if it Sammie that causing the over-groom balding.

Re: the second round - 10/29/16 02:08 PM

Well Muffin going to get nicknamed toothless at the rate she going. We saw the other top tooth fell out so she only got her 2 bottom teeth up front left. I guess all the years on a pellet diet and little fresh fruit and veggies may of not helped her any. but ( not that she will touch pellets now, she wont eat them any more I think she prefers the fruit and veggies ) Any how we will be going to the Chadwells animal hospital again and see what they think to be safe.

Re: the second round - 10/30/16 12:48 AM

Pellets have nothing to do with her dental problems. It is probably more genetic, inbreeding and /or poor diet.

Re: the second round - 10/30/16 11:45 AM

well until we met her she only got the pellets and if lucky some apple and vitamins. ( since she was passed around so much as a demo glider) Either way she spoiled and happier now. at 9 years old Muffin our oldest baby

Re: the second round - 10/30/16 02:03 PM

Awe, poor baby, I'm glad she found her a home with you.

Re: the second round - 10/30/16 03:30 PM

Pellets have nothing to do with her dental problems. It is probably more genetic, inbreeding and /or poor diet.

Originally Posted By: mechnut450
well until we met her she only got the pellets and if lucky some apple and vitamins. ( since she was passed around so much as a demo glider) Either way she spoiled and happier now. at 9 years old Muffin our oldest baby

I agree with Feather/Kim that the pellets were not the cause of her loosing her teeth.

Your statement about her being used as a demo glider makes me think she was more than likely fed all sorts of inappropriate food to make her behave or simply because they didn't take the time to find out what she should be eating frown Giving her a good diet now, she should get along just fine.

Re: the second round - 11/04/16 04:28 PM

so what a week. I manage to injure my back ( yet again ) falling down the stairs at home. ( most likely another couple pulled muscles ) working on maintaining the glider cages and ( scrubbing walls from food fling ) put to PH f050 cages into a single larger cage. ( next step is to intro the trio to the horde and see how they work out into forming a larger group of 9 )then bounce a few more gliders and cages around and actually take one cage down and make just a little room.

Re: the second round - 11/04/16 06:20 PM

You need to live closer to me, I have gliders coming in on Sunday and just got contacted about taking in another 5.

Re: the second round - 11/04/16 07:13 PM

I just tryyo combine the trio and the horde into a super 9 group I might need a larger sissy pouch lol sadly Sammi nipping everyone including her cage mates and Leeloo trying to french vino so hard he panics. so i put them back in their own cages just closer together. as I watching Sasha now doing the stress flips so it treat times and hopefully some naps to calm down everyone. sucks it was gonig so well

Re: the second round - 11/04/16 10:12 PM

What is French Vino?

Re: the second round - 11/05/16 01:01 PM

french kiss Kim. the girl was trying to tongue his lungs lol

Re: the second round - 11/05/16 01:40 PM

shakehead

Re: the second round - 11/12/16 11:44 AM

Wife and I are taking Muffin to the vet this morning we want to make sure that her top teeth both fell out or if they have to be removed with surgery. Wife worried she jabbing her bottom 2 into the gums on top and possible making her mouth bleed(seen signs of blood on her fish snacks as she inhales on them. I also considering taking the horde and trio together in pouches face to face today to let them smell each other more and help the next intro go smoother. )

Re: the second round - 11/13/16 02:32 AM

oh boy Muffin has tooth roots remaining in the one tooth at least, so Thursday she goes back and gets x-ray and extraction. She was so upset she only would sleep in Crystal Shirt on the way home. Sterling her BF was so upset he kept trying to tear the zipper and grommets out of the pouch and end up breaking his tooth off. so instead of his Gap he got a single tooth and now has a appointment Thursday morning as well.

When it goes south it goes south big time. SO now I must bake a trip to the vet at 8 am and stick around until after Sterling seen and possible going right in to tooth removal too.( or make another trip for him)

Re: the second round - 11/13/16 02:36 AM

Oh boy, poor guys.

Re: the second round - 11/17/16 01:10 AM

well a quick update I leaving at butt crack of dawn to take muffin for her xray and tooth extraction and whiles she under for that sterling getting his look at for possible the same thing in the coming weeks.

Re: the second round - 11/18/16 11:56 AM

well update Muffin had 6 teeth removed the 2 broken one one on each side of that and they pulled her bottom two cause they was so loose the almost fell out. Sterling had his one broken one removed and almost back to normal lol. all told I guessing spent about 400 bucks .

275 for vet visits and the actual dental work.
60 bucks in Fuel ( it a hour trip each way took 3 trips over 2 days) and another ~40 in tolls ( ezpass refilled)
Plus a 50 bucks donation to the vets hard luck funds to that used to help others( i try to donate something to it each time I have to bring in a glider... ( never know when you might actually be the one with hard luck)

Wife taking them to work today since oi will be gone until close to 4 pm or later with grass cutting. and hopping tomorrow they will be ok once we give them meds and go cut grass.

Re: the second round - 11/26/16 01:59 AM

Oh man another trip to the vet today. Muffin developed a abscess on her lower Jaw. so now 2 antibiotics and probyotics plus warm compresses on her jaw a couple times a day.

Re: the second round - 11/26/16 02:46 PM

So sorry for the wee one hug2

Re: the second round - 12/04/16 11:31 PM

First Muffin and Sterling all better now.

I came home from work feeling ill. laid down for a nap and awoken to the sound of a bunch of crabbing ( Crystal ) is working on intros in the bathroom. SO far it there still a lot of crabbing over who at the bottom of the pile. Right now everyone but Elda and Sasha are in the huge cage , these 2 are sharing the old cage that Sammie,Sasha, and Vino shared. Crystal wants to see if they will both pick up weight some since they seem to have same personality and both are under weight. so like before Elda the sub for the lone glider and after a few days if all goes well they will be intro back into the colony and we shall have a colony of 9.

We are wondering about any possible tips are we go though all this that anyone has. ( besides lots of treats and patience we know doing both lol

Re: the second round - 12/05/16 01:46 PM

Muffin jump and Sterling jump :yes:

Glad they're better!

Before I ask, please understand I'm waiting on my first cup of coffee... Did either of them get to a point while administering meds volunteer to open their mouth for it? I've only had to do this once for 3 weeks. Dot got to a point where she didn'tfight me as much, but Fiona one night just opened her mouth wide and took it after about the 10th day and was cooperate every day after that. Hubby wouldn'thave believed if he didn't see it.

I really hope your colony comes together!

Re: the second round - 12/05/16 08:12 PM

never got that lucky with willingness to take meds. plus we mixed their meds with a little treat ( yogurt) or something to get her to take the meds. but sh still have to fight her to take them once in a while.

Re: the second round - 12/06/16 01:29 PM

Mine have never opened their mouth like that, but I have had them take the syringe away after they figured out it was tasty and then clean the syringe.

Re: the second round - 12/17/16 01:18 AM

Had a rough 2 weeks I sprained my right ankle Tuesday ( still staying on it for work and such, had some issues with paycheck at work, had our 4 year anniversary ( my wife and I) and still Not got to do any holiday shopping for wife or Gliders. Also have been trying to do all this house work cause our landlord/mother in law had wanted to comeover this afternoon and spend time with my wife lol.

So had a couple more meet and greet with the gliders and Vino part of the horde group and Elda with Sammie and Sasha. It seems that Freya and Leeloo Don't like Sammie and Sasha at all and have come jumping out of the cage when I got them on my and attempt to attack though the pouch ( once when I didn't zip it up 2 hops and right in the pouch) and start fighting. The last time Momo got into the fight and she ending with a little nip/scratch on her paw( looks almost healed now) So I may have to keep the 3 in a single group or work on slipping Vino back over with the 3 and have Quad in this group. ( they all older Gliders)....

I have to also need to look into changing the cage up for them as I caught One of the gliders on video ( security Camera ) doing the boredom Flips. Sadly I Cant tell which one it is. with the cameras. ( still have issues telling Sammie and Sasha apart with out grabbing Sasha back foot and looking for her missing Toe lol.

Fun things this week with gliders Vino letting me hold him a little ( still scared but not like first came ) Sammi will let me pet her (if i don't startle her) and I still keeping ear to the vines for Gliders in need of help in my area.

Re: the second round - 12/18/16 01:42 PM

Mechnut hope your ankle is feeling better!

A boredom flip? That sounds intresting. I'm not sure what that is.

Cameras sound like a good idea. Are you using a game camera or just regular indoor security camera?

Re: the second round - 12/19/16 11:22 AM

just a cheap 960 ( with IR ) for night viewing. nothing fancy. mainly for security ( testing them from in the house since i can't get up on the second story roof to hang them ( need help and a larger ladder lol) I betting she stress flipping cause there not enough room for 3 in this one cage, and she started to do this since the first meeting with the other gliders.,

Re: the second round - 12/28/16 11:44 AM

Son of *************** **** ** ** * * * . I was informed xmas eve That first of the year i no longer have a Job( all of us at the store will be unemployed. This sucks in several ways. Outside the obvious reasons, I won't be able to share my babies with others and help point potential new owners to places to research or adopt. Sadly in the long run i might have to rehome a couple gliders if i can't find something to hold me over and Unemployment does get approved.

Heck I don't even kn ow if i will get paid for the last 3 weeks of work ( i will get my 400+ paycheck out of him in store items ) lol.

I already been putting apps out and such so I hoping cause with recent Key-holder promotion and learning basic management stuff I am a little better off than 2 years ago. IT sucks cause I was actually enjoying were I worked lol.

Re: the second round - 12/28/16 04:36 PM

I cannot tell you just how sorry I am to hear about this much less you were not given any more notice than Christmas Eve. What a horrible Christmas present tant

We will all be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers that something opens up for you very quickly.

Again, I am just heartbroken for you and your family - skin and fur hug2

Re: the second round - 12/28/16 08:29 PM

Ouch! That really hurts, I hope you can find another job quickly.

Re: the second round - 01/03/17 05:54 PM

Yeah looking as much as I can cause part of the problem is he yells for help moving stuff almost every day. ( out of store to his sister store or storage)
I scored some pocket pet cage pans for the AZ glider Rescue , as well as travel collapsible cage that I got to find box and get shipped to them.

We found that my wife left the cage open on new years even and as a result Freya got a injured paw. still swollen but she being a trooper about the batryil and Met-cam ( to prevent infection and help with the pain some ) IF not better by tomorrow night making appointment for vet on friday.

Personally dealing with some depression ( from lost of job) but also realizing I may be able to get a proper Job cause the simple stuff that I been helping on a slower and lighter pace than other s ( makes me feel bad) but has me all hunched over and misarble with back pain. ( taken the strongest OC meds and not helping at all.)

Re: the second round - 01/05/17 04:44 PM

Hey,

Sometimes I have a hard time expressing myself correctly, but here goes....

Just wanted you to know we're rooting for you! Prayers too!

There is a job out there for you.... somewhere...

You have a big heart and a willingness to work hard which is so hard to find these days...

A good resume helps and don't forget to add you are a rescue( even if you're not sanctioned).

Just by your love and dedication for your wife and fur babies, makes you a great person!

Plus you are a positive voice and help others right here at GC.

Happy thoughts go your way!

Re: the second round - 01/06/17 03:39 PM

well i am off to take Freya to the vet hopping for good news and what not.. I am taking Vino as well as he still has seizures at randoms.

Re: the second round - 01/07/17 03:55 AM

I feel your heartache dealing with the seizures, my Merlin has them too. I'm finally certain his are related to anxiety, just not sure what to do about it (nor is my vet).

Good luck man, with gliders, health, & life.

Re: the second round - 01/07/17 04:02 AM

Well Freya paw not broekn but is still swollen. (reminds me of a medical glove blown up) Vino seems to be doing ok I even took him with me to the vet thinking he might have a seizure and they could check him out. but he was more than happy with Freya in his company again and my shirt pocket when it was time for Freya to get an xray.

Re: the second round - 01/09/17 09:55 PM

hand is starting ot go down but may have an abscess forming watching it and making proper plans to be ready.

Re: the second round - 01/16/17 12:42 PM

Well great news is Freya healing up great and with in the next 2 weeks hopping to work on re-intros to her colony i hope it all goes well. if not I not sure what to do cause the pocket pets cage is too small.

Re: the second round - 01/17/17 11:52 PM

:thumb2:

Re: the second round - 01/18/17 02:06 PM

Well my wife decided to Put Luna and Digi up for adoption on craigslist. I am never agreeing to adopting the gliders back out. But I can understand her point they don't like to be handle they don't want to leave the cage ( unless we leave the door open) you cant really pet them. They are more less just decor in the cage they inhabit. they are prefect examples of how some gliders wont come around ( or they just don't like us ) they been like this for almost 4 years we had them,and the way the lady we got them from was like that why they were returned to her from the person she originally sold them to saying the female just don't like to interact at all. My wife tried tent time, the bathroom, and every way she can thing of or been suggested. ( they even pouch aggressive in a OE pouch ( crabbing and fleeing if you try to pet them. ) ) She like i hate to have to try and give these guys meds if they injure or sick. I have a feeling she will reduce our colonies down to the horde and the one pair if i let her. ( meaning that I have to give up Elda with Sammie and Sasha ( if she wont re-intro to the horde) if Iforced re-home them.

Re: the second round - 01/18/17 09:28 PM

Don't know what to tell you. I don't have a spouse to answer to and my spouse if I were to get married would not tell me that either or he would be on the outside looking in.

Explains why I am not married.

Re: the second round - 01/18/17 11:19 PM

Explains why I am not married.
:funny:

Re: the second round - 01/19/17 12:37 AM

I am somewhat fortunate, however I have been limited because we travel. Our RV cage is alittle smaller, and #3 glider would be a bit much I think.

I have attachment issues. Once something is accepted in our fold ( tailless squirrel in the yard, a car/ truck, comfy old shoes, it's winter and I still regret cutting the sleeves off me and the girls fav gross hoodie last summer). So if we did agree to get 1 more, if intros didn't work out, well another cage, then a buddy, the hideabed couch in RV would have to come out... Then more attachment issues...

dunno What do you do?

Re: the second round - 01/19/17 12:55 PM

Dawn I think that my issue i am attached to their ways,/ I am also one that for the most part once i attached to it I dont want to get rid of it until it natural death.

With snakes and Gliders, I feel like if I going to take on that responsibility I want to be there until it end. This is why I dont want fancy cloths top of the line items or such. I rather spend the money on what the pet needs and do with out if i have too. Plus now with my mom now staying with us I have less time to do anything i might enjoy. But I do spend time with the gliders as much as i can .

Re: the second round - 01/19/17 02:42 PM

My girls remind me of my childhood dog.. I was an only child in an adult world in the 1960's. We moved a lot, and my dog was my constant companion. When I felt I didn't have a friend in the world, my dog was there with a wagging tail, and no judgement. She stayed by my side. Like my dog, Fiona prefers being in her hoodie on me over sleeping in her cage with Dot. I love my alone time with her.

In the evening, Dot wants to play, and run around, play jump from human to curtain and back. She prefers her cage when she is done playing, but tolerates petting, and other humans during her playtime.

I'm not sure I could be a rescue. Like you , I get attached. I would worry about them when they left. (I had issues with giving puppies away too!)

Re: the second round - 01/27/17 11:02 PM

great news so far Freya getting along with everyone as I put them in the pouch with her and the others, I not had any real fighting. Unless Momo starting it. I going one glider at a time all day. no issues and I only got the 2 left Marshmellow and Momo. I thinking if no issues with marshmellow then I may just put mom in a cage alone for a night or 2 and let the rest and freya re bond . then see if Momo will be more willing to share since she be the one on the outside.

Then I might even see if i can work the trio into the group and get down to 3 cages and keep the 4th cage for rescues, or intake for any I am called about in a pinch.

Re: the second round - 01/28/17 11:53 AM

:yes: glad to hear so far working well!

I suppose manipulating the colony hierarchy a bit might help with acceptance. (Did I say that right?)

Re: the second round - 02/06/17 02:38 AM

Well What a crazy week it been. Freya with colony but i had to remove Momo She decides to attack everyone in the colony now that freya is back. so she been in time out alone this week to adjust and hopefully realize she got to play nice to stay with her colony. I had several truck issues. ( window control fried ) this in turned (spent 2 days stuck down ) replace the controller and find out the motor is shot. ( window control was 200+ bucks the entire lift for window will be another 100 bucks. ( right now I just have it locked in the up and still need to put the panels back on. .,

Now I managed to blow both low beam lights on the truck ( of course this happens at night after the store is closed to get them) that another 50 bucks I betting. But I am going tomorrow for a drug test cause i did get offered a job at best buy outlet store that like 10 minutes from home. it weekend style work but I can live with that( just to get out the house and money I be happy) So now it time ot play caught up on bills then go from there.

Re: the second round - 02/06/17 03:38 AM

So sorry about the truck issues but clap on the job offer.

Re: the second round - 02/06/17 07:24 AM

Congrats on the job offer!

Re: the second round - 02/17/17 01:03 PM

So been crazy this pass as well lol. We went to NYC to visit a glider friend and ( my first glider rescue that I wished I had kept lol) Leonard is a daddy and has more kids on the way ) WE attended a reptile show..
Spent Valentine day driving all day. ( picked up 2 different iPhone 6 (and a 6+) for my wife and I, We picked up and delivered 2 gliders for a friend (and to her) There was some miss communication and spent some time sitting in a parking lot getting everything squared away before I delivered them. I really not gotten to play wit the kids much so I making a point between tonight and my day off (whenever that is) to spend an entire day with them all. I want to work on getting Momo back in the colony and I love to get the 3 other females into the colony as well. but I not sure on a way to do so successfully ( they dont seem to like each other much (I am not sure if due to the different ages or the pecking order.
I wish I could just bath soak them all with some vanilla drops and let them groom each other dry and clean then I think they all smell enough alike to settle down. ( only if it worked that easy right)

Re: the second round - 02/21/17 02:10 PM

So not a approved and often frowned upon but we had trouble with the gliders re-intro Momo back into the horde ( our main colony of 5( back into 6) cause of when Freya got injured back in January. So every time we reintroduced Momo she goes right at Freya and chomped down on her. So we pulled Momo from the group and the rest took Freya back as if hey long time come have a Worm with us. We place Momo in Freya's hospital cage as timeout and think about. So today I re-intro again and of Course Momo freaking out after a few weeks away from group and thinks everyone out to eat her and crabs and bites anyone getting too close. (even me) well she latched onto my finger and didn't want to let go and is covered in my blood( so i taker her to the sink and wet her (started at tail and worked myself up slowly until she let go) and then placed her back in the tub and every was cool with her and the rest. so now everyone in a sissy pouch on my chest grooming, popping and happy beeps like it was just a annoying rain shower. so hopefully they keep it up and I can do some house work and if all goes well I may use the same method to re intro the trio to the horde then have a super colony ( for us) of 9 in one large cage and a custom order sissy pouch and strap to hold 9 gliders and attachment for myself lol

Re: the second round - 02/21/17 02:28 PM

frigging figures it didn't work out any either so I guess I going to end up breaking the 2 cages apart and having like 5 cages for gliders. This sucks so much cause never had any intro issues with the horde members until the school pair came. IT like they all want to be together but Momo and Freya are both trying to be alpha females so I guess I'll have to figure this out some how..

( joking here) should just put them all in a pouch and just pour some bottle deer pee on them and really have them confused and willing to work together lol

Re: the second round - 02/27/17 12:50 PM

Well this weekend sucked I am working and I enjoy the work. I am working for Best Buy in a outlet store for their open box /scratched and dented store. It one of the first wave of 5 stores they rolling out. The weekend sucked because I had a head cold from add this weather bouncing up and down, between no voice and looking like the dead walking around I got sent home one day and I slept for over 15 hours straight.but lucky me I getting back to normal by this morning. My boss seems like a cool guy and seems to be open minded, I am shocked at how easy some people can spend $600+ and not bat an eye. I still shudder at buying 60 dollar shoes for myself lol.

Re: the second round - 03/01/17 08:17 PM

SO my wife decided to adopt her first 2 glider out and they will be leaving soon. I am not happy about it but I can't say much. We are keeping the cage so we can put a trio in it and Put Momo her sister and possible Waffles in the cage. as my wife does not want to split the big cage apart and have 2 smaller ones. I so Hope this will return Momo back to her old self and not this little biting demon she become with her being pulled from the group. I am not sure when the person will be picking up Didgi and Luna but I will state to her that the last of the gliders that leaving and that She don't like it lump it cause i buy everything they need if I have too. I will also tell her she can Close her Esty store if she feels inclined to do so. We may not get to play (do to their preference of no interaction)with didgi and Luna much but it breaks my heart to cause them this stress.

Re: the second round - 03/03/17 01:16 PM

If your wife closes her shop, where will I find yogi cupcakes for the girl's birthday this year?

They had their first dried mealworm in one of her cupcakes.

I was just thinking about that the other day. It's been 2 years since they have had them.

My last one is still in the fridge, in the little box she sent them in. It's too cute to eat! Probably too old to eat now.

Re: the second round - 03/03/17 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Ladymagyver
If your wife closes her shop, where will I find yogi cupcakes for the girl's birthday this year?

They had their first dried mealworm in one of her cupcakes.

I was just thinking about that the other day. It's been 2 years since they have had them.

My last one is still in the fridge, in the little box she sent them in. It's too cute to eat! Probably too old to eat now.

:roflmao:

Re: the second round - 03/04/17 02:22 AM

lol you can still feed it I found one that was in the freezer from who knows when and Momo snatched it right up and ate it lol it did crumble some but she didn't mind lol. ( this weather ever get straighten out she might have some to ship ) Between my new job and and us both getting sick we are behind I never got to learn how to make her fancier flavors, But I am trying to caught up with everything else since the wind busted the fence i got a new list of to get fixed to do before I can relax to try some cupcakes lol

Re: the second round - 03/04/17 03:15 AM

I see her shop is closed till March 7th. Is that a good date or tenative?

Hope you guys feel better and spring is around the corner!

Re: the second round - 03/05/17 12:50 PM

Tentative been so busy she not really had a chance to start stuff. if she preps some batter I can make a few while i am off if she willing and this weather makes her nervous cause it needs to stay cool to ship, ( unless I take to the post office they can get ruined in the mail box and the heat).

Re: the second round - 04/13/17 12:14 PM

SO wife open store and made some pouches with pockets on outside for water bottle and a spot for treats,wipes, cell phone i guess can fit too.

Spring has sprung , and with it I blew my back out ( again). I was hooking up the trailer to the truck and I had both zero turn mowers on the trailer and just pulled to much to slide it 2 inches onto the ball .( end up backing the truck up to trailer). I was actually rocking the trailer and the truck so I was moving almost 3 tons. I didn't think I hurt it bad until I tried to get out of truck 2 hours later and realized I was screwed up big time. I had to rely on my nephew to help me cut grass. There was a time or 2 I though about just calling everyone and say start looking for a new guy I not able to cut grass. ( but I would have to figure out how to make extra money then to cover some bills and Gliders stuff( like 3 new cages)

on Glider front Freya all healed up minor scare on paw but nothing really visible sadly Momo and her dont seem to get along anymore so still got 4 cages.

Re: the second round - 04/13/17 01:45 PM

OMGoodness, I was wondering what you were up to, but honestly I thought with spring and everything you were probably really busy with your lawn business. So so sorry you injured your back and have been hurting. You have been missed agree

Take care of yourself. This is a busy and physical time of year for you.

Glad Little Freya is all healed. On the other hand, you know sometimes girls just don't get along, so probably best to keep Freya and Momo in their own spaces.

Re: the second round - 04/13/17 02:02 PM

I see you have joined the Gimpy Club. Mary and I are in the same boat.

I fell early last month and tore muscles in my arms and my Gluteus Maximus muscle. Mary tore muscles in her right arm, she fell also.

Re: the second round - 04/13/17 04:14 PM

KarenE I have been busy and not just with lawn work. between the lawn work best buy, and being the main one cleaning the house i not had time to enjoy myself much. I had more truck issues 2 weeks ago. ( some piece of debris came off the road and sliced the wiring harness on the truck ( and it costed about 1100 to get everything fixed)
I been lurking mostly. My phone wont let me log in to forums so i just read.

Kimberley
If you remember I always been a gimpy member ( who else you seen at the SGGa walking with a cane at my age.) PLus I still waiting on word when I get a tucker grand baby.

Re: the second round - 04/13/17 06:40 PM

Mechnut, hope you feel better soon!

So, you guys aren't gonna make it to OSGA?

Since we are in Ohio working, I made it a point to go this year. Was hoping to meet you guys too.

Re: the second round - 04/14/17 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: mechnut450

Kimberley
If you remember I always been a gimpy member ( who else you seen at the SGGa walking with a cane at my age.) PLus I still waiting on word when I get a tucker grand baby.

Are you coming to the SGGA?

Re: the second round - 04/14/17 01:31 AM

Sadly I not ( between the truck repair cost and wedding to attend in October I cant spare the funds for the trip. as much as I want to frown Plus I have to take a weekend off from work .

Re: the second round - 04/14/17 02:41 AM

Well how are we going to get him to you?

Re: the second round - 04/15/17 12:50 PM

--I will pay to have him flown to me. I just not informing Wife until i pick him up.

Re: the second round - 04/16/17 12:14 AM

You might want to clear this with the wife. I sure don't want Tucker haunting me cause I sent his grandson off on a plane.

Re: the second round - 04/16/17 12:38 AM

Kim This would be one thing I will have my way the blonde butt gets her way every time I turn around so I going to have my way once. Plus I can make the trip with out knowing here in another week lol. I am about to send out a bunch of bills.. ( heck if i knew it not be a issue I just find a day trip there and back if i could fly with him on me lol..

It be a snatch and go lol ( have to have you meet me at airport I give a hug and pop back on the plane to fly back. IF I knew he not have a issue going though the flight. you have my number I think still text me lol..

Re: the second round - 04/16/17 03:12 PM

Terry,

I don't fly, Tucker's grandson would be traveling by himself once he is old enough.

That gives you about another 9 weeks or so to save up for his plane ride.

Re: the second round - 04/16/17 06:58 PM

Mary says you Do, specially when given enough beans and a match ( just like me )..

if you get some free time contact me lol. If i need to I send payments lol. and a large bag of fishsnacks to spoil them with lol.

Re: the second round - 04/16/17 07:06 PM

Ok I am trying this from my iPhone. But here how you carry 4 colonies of gliders in sissy pouches . (editing on pc) I have a Cube type camera that I used to take the picture with on Iphone. Sorry the picture shows a lot of mess but I not been able to carry much up and down stairs ( cloths basket) this past week)

Description: 11gliders in 4 sissy pouches
Attached picture IMG_0279.JPG

Re: the second round - 04/16/17 08:44 PM

You snap them to the harness just like the first sissy pouch.

Re: the second round - 04/16/17 11:48 PM

lol and put the bottom one on the other loops lol

Re: the second round - 05/10/17 10:47 PM

So I not fell off planet as much as few people would like, been busy with both work and grass cutting, I been giving the glider priority over the pc and forums.* which is as it should be) I talked with feather and will be in dog house this summer (I might be sleeping in the shed lol) ..

funny thing i done has been cut out soda in my diet but I gained almost 5 lbs since. (I am hoping it all the mowing related and moving of fridges at work) turning some of my flab back into muscle. Back pain still comes and goes but I am still fighting.

Re: the second round - 05/11/17 02:52 AM

I got to pet one of Tucker's grandsons at OSGA. He is so sweet and cute!

Cutting soda pop out of your diet is a good thing. I did that 5 years ago. I will have one occasionally and can tell the difference in how I feel.

Re: the second round - 05/12/17 12:40 PM

Ladymagyver I know I drink one now and it taste so funny to me, If I need caffeine I need to find a gum or something (cheap) cause there are days I just cant get any drive in gear. ( bad enough I am drinking any were from 1/2 gallon to a gallon of tea, gateraid or some other fluid. ( I just cant drink plain water it tasty like pool water here.

Re: the second round - 05/22/17 12:02 AM

Still alive lo., I working on a project for Terry, my Deal with Kim, and trying not to screw up my back more this weekend. We got a truck in with over 40 pieces on Friday , and I helped move the fridges ( 12 units that i could roll alone ) then Saturday helped moved some washer and Dryers, ( I never strained myself Friday but I felt the strain a little on Saturday and by today )I had to check make sure parts were where they are so post to be after picking up my wife's bicycle and placing it in the truck bed. I pushed until almost 4 pm before my back spasm and legs made it unwise for me to stay at work. so I sat in a chair and relaxed as much as i can for the next 3 days then I start a dangerously long 5 days at work and then cut grass rest of following week and repeat another 3 days at work.

Re: the second round - 05/22/17 12:21 AM

Sorry to hear about your back troubles. I do hope the project isn't putting you out too much, I know you have a lot of pots on the stove right now. If you want to or need to take a break off the project till things calm down that would be okay, just let me know.

In the mean time, I do hope you feel better soon.

Re: the second round - 05/22/17 03:32 PM

Terry I not actually started it ( I keep it floating in the my back of mind) encase I can figure out a better way.

I spending my day today just relaxing and letting my body patch itself lol tomorrow and Wednesday will be light work days around house. then back to work at store for 5 days lol

Re: the second round - 05/28/17 01:35 PM

So I told my wife I getting a tucker grandson. I was told that if i got him I had to re-home one of the gliders that we acquired (not a planned pet) . I am going to do as she says but I will just remove the post often until she gives up lol.. We had 13 Gliders and I can make that work since i spend most the time with them. After all the headaches of this past week and into next week Once those are over I am going to be limiting the amount of push I put on myself so I can slow up some nothing like almost 26 days of none stop going to make you feel tired lol plus all the side computer work I been helping with it been mad so I never have a day to relax ( doing laundry now before i go to work.

Re: the second round - 05/29/17 01:18 AM

rofl Oh just remind her that she's the one that got you hooked on these furry, gliding creatures.

Congrats on your new addition!

Re: the second round - 06/15/17 08:19 PM

So I have paid for my boy and I will have the last $$ sent to Feather tomorrow morning and then wait to have him flown to me. I think I may sneak him in with the trio of girls once he becomes a he/she lol then I be like after a couple days crap I put him in wrong cage and he happy so I guess that it.

Since wife said no breeding cool

Re: the second round - 06/15/17 09:18 PM

:yes: :hdance: :jump2: :thumb2:

Hope all goes well, and safe travels little one! Oh and keep us posted...

Re: the second round - 07/05/17 04:21 PM

Still alive, cant wait till Saturday to go meet my newest child lol )(picking him up at the airport from his flight from Feather place. I just need to find someone to go with me now. (I managed to pick up one hell of a sinus cold/infection that I think I pulled a couple muscles coughing last night)

I have put Sammie and Sasha up for adoption locally but I doubt that anyone going to take interest them since they over 7 years old. But it was what my wife requested I do. Colonies are doing great too, Vino not had a seizure in 3-4 months that we seen, Sasha still a crabby one but does let us pet her while eating treats now. New Joey has one of 2 names ready for when he comes I just got to see which fits him best.

Lol it took me 10 minutes to type this up between coughing fits LOl

Re: the second round - 07/05/17 04:45 PM

Hope you shake the sinus/cold. Those are nasty little buggers.

Good to see you again.

Re: the second round - 07/05/17 10:30 PM

I was thinking about you the other day...

I just knew you already had TJ (Tucker Jr+) and maybe you were homeless now.Lol!

Please send pics once he is settled in.

Summer sinus is aweful to have. Hope you feel better soon!

Re: the second round - 07/05/17 11:39 PM

I hope all goes smoothly and you feel better soon!

Re: the second round - 07/06/17 12:06 AM

He is not getting TJ! He is getting a Tucker grandson!

Re: the second round - 07/06/17 02:12 AM

Okay, I wasn't awake yet, and I couldn't think how to verbalize. I meant Tucker Junior the 2nd. Or Tucker the 3rd.

Working nights sleeping days is tough in this campground. They have been full for a week +.

Mississippi is celebrating their bicentennial all year. It has been quite a party here.

Re: the second round - 07/06/17 03:40 AM

I am not sure what Terry is naming the little Star Trek officer, we will have to see what he posts.

All I can say is this little boy is just like Tucker when he came to me, hell on wheels.

Re: the second round - 07/09/17 10:21 AM

well he home and still running amok in his wheel in the cage this morning, had 3 barking fits I guess calling out to his family last night looking for them. ate all of his dinner, and has sniffed my hand almost any time i near the cage.

Re: the second round - 07/09/17 01:20 PM

What is his name?????

Re: the second round - 07/11/17 07:38 AM

Feather, I think we lost Terry to love. smile

Re: the second round - 07/11/17 09:02 PM

Sorry been crazy picked him up Saturday, cleaning Sunday, cutting grass yesterday and today. I came home and was cooling off and getting a cool drink and flipping Channels on tv and there was start trek tng on the bbc. It was the Kahless ep were the kahless the one that formed the Klingon empire was reborn to take it back over. I said that it he called Kahless, it keeps in line with the Family names of being star trek and I prefer the Klingons over most the other fractions in the show lol
Now to get time and remember how to post the picture of him on here. lol

Re: the second round - 07/11/17 10:41 PM

Tell me how a Star Trek officer from Earth and a Vulcan have a Klingon offspring?????

Re: the second round - 07/11/17 10:47 PM

never said he going to follow logically LOL

Re: the second round - 07/12/17 08:38 AM

Tell me how a Star Trek officer from Earth and a Vulcan have a Klingon offspring?????
Seriously, weirder things have happened in the Star Trek universe.

Re: the second round - 07/12/17 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Hutch
Seriously, weirder things have happened in the Star Trek universe.

Seems I remember a time when Deanna Troi and Worf had a thing for each other. She wasn't from Earth, but in my book close enough wink Now that would have produced an interesting child agree

Re: the second round - 07/12/17 11:23 PM

Lt. Cmdr. Worf and Jadzia Dax had some nice babies.

Re: the second round - 07/26/17 11:54 AM

Well Kahless still adjusting but we all know it takes time, I gotten to pet him a couple times. I been leaving him my most recent dirty grass cutting shirt so he gets my full stink. First 2 shirts on top the third one (yesterday's) I put in the cage and look this morning he sleeping in the folds of the shirt and not the pouch. so i guess he more comfortable with my funk lol. next is to get him to let me carry him around without all the crabbing and such. might start working on intros with the girls who will be his family on my next free day, even though they cant be together yet until he looses his little man parts .

Re: the second round - 07/27/17 07:15 PM

So I did some nails this morning and I was totally surprised that Sammie didn't give me any lip about getting her nails done. Was even mores hocked that Sasha didn't go off as bad as she been in past. Sasha even let me hold onto her little food that missing the toe which she never let done before without wanting to rip me a new finger lol (wife has pictures on her phone)

Also as I expected my wife has been speaking to and (as always with a male) complained he stunk since he got man parts. SO wish I could say I was heading to the SGGA but I cant this year.

Re: the second round - 07/28/17 02:07 AM

Sounds like everything is going pretty good Terry! I know I am amazed how well my girls are with nail trims, especially my Lulu, considering the way she was when I first homed the girls. But remarkably she's so easy, both her and Skadoosh. My boy Ollie is another story, some of the time I'm lucky and can get two whole feet done without much issue.

As for stinky boys, he was already neutered when I homed him, my guess is he was fixed for some time, but anyway, he's not so stinky, lol.

Re: the second round - 07/29/17 12:35 PM

Yeah I have to get Kahless Neutered sooner than later. We did caught Elda tail carrying last night never knew she was lol

Re: the second round - 08/08/17 02:01 PM

See Round 3 here.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL