GliderCENTRAL

A Party...without me... :-(

Posted By: TwoDog

A Party...without me... :-( - 04/05/16 09:25 AM

Ok...so before you all leap to judgement, please know that I already leaped to judgement about this--and properly flayed myself. :-(
Due to very bad human error on my part, I managed to leave all 4 cage doors unlocked when I went to bed last night.

I should have first noticed something was wrong when the dogs never came to bed. Nope.

So about 1AM I am awakened by their usual play sounds. (We recently added new toys to the cage and they have been having a blast.) I get up, take two steps over and stop...all 4 doors are wide open and the dogs are camped out with their heads IN the cage.

Panic attack? Maybe? Turned on the lights.

Gizmo is hanging upside down nose to nose with Charlie. Gizmo is actually in the moment of reaching down trying to find a place to grab onto Charlie's face, so he can board. (Gizmo can be kind of a wuss about jumping)
Charlie is looking up sheepishly at the little paws reaching down for him.(Charlie has only recently stared be be inquisitive about the gliders--which is funny; he's normally Mr. Fearless)
Harley is scavenging around on the floor of the cage, wrestling with a plastic grasshopper. Chelsea is actually resting her chin on the edge of the cage next to her, with a pool of drool forming under her face.

Of course--the moment they notice me--everyone starts moving. Why is it so hard to get a picture of these things :-(

And this had been going on for a while....

On the coffee table the yogurt cup was licked clean.
On the end table (opposite side of the room from the cage) a plate with an apple core on it had clearly been pirated.

And the SEVEN key is missing from my keyboard. (Harley likes popping the keys off the keyboard)

So their little party had been going on without me for at least an hour--and in that time the gliders had crossed the living room and back at least once. The dogs had to have been on them the whole time.

I am really lucky to have these animals integrate so well together. They kind of eagerly embraced each other.

Gizmo never reaches for me like that.
It's official--my dogs have a better relationship with my gliders than I do. :-(

All they do is stare at you--relentlessly--all day long!
<hiss--cheep--cheep--bark>
Yeah, but I also bring yogurt, and food, and clean the cage!
<cheep--bark-bark--hiss-chirp TiVo>
Fine--but no pay-per-view!

To me, it's important to have these animals fully integrated. I don't know anyone who doesn't have a 'my glider got out' story. Even if dogs/cats/gliders aren't lovey-dovey together the dogs/cats needed to at least be trained to stay away from the gliders. Because at some point...somehow...they are going to end up face to face without you around.

Sooooo. I am happy that everyone is loving each other and having such a great time. I'll just be over here...surfing the web...without my number SEVEN key.
Just save me some yogurt for later. :-(
Posted By: Hutch

Re: A Party...without me... :-( - 04/05/16 10:48 AM

Seven is over rated anyways... unless it's "of nine." wink

I'm glad to hear it worked out so well for you & nothing disastrous happened. It's also nice of them to return to their cage instead of finding them in random places around the house (Arthurian-style).

Now, get some doggie treats & convince them to confess their secrets of bonding to you.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL