GliderCENTRAL

While I was alseep......missing glider

Posted By: Anonymous

While I was alseep......missing glider - 09/06/16 09:40 AM

HELP! somehow the cage got left open and both my adult male and female were out all night. I have found the male and secured him back in the cage. I am so worried for my little girl. Any suggestions. She could be anywhere. My male was found in basement. There is no sign of her though. I live for work in an 1.5 hours and will keep looking. Thanks for any input.
Posted By: Hutch

Re: While I was alseep......missing glider - 09/06/16 10:01 AM

Right now, she has probably found a nice dark place to sleep the day away in.

Try leaving a pouch that they've used out where she could get at it, near the cage. If you still haven't found her by night, put a little bit of food or treats out near the pouch. She'll most likely come back to 'her' territory at some point during the night.

Do what you can to keep your place dark & quite so she feels free to move about, especially late evening/night.

Also, please consider registering so you may access all the forums for more tips & so we know who we're talking to. Good luck, Anon.
Posted By: Colleen

Re: While I was alseep......missing glider - 09/06/16 10:20 AM

Thank you for replying. I have one of her favorite pouches hanging on outside of cage and treats around. My house is quiet most days but kids are up moving around from 4-8. Once they asleep I am hoping it will be easier. He was so easy to find so I got discouraged with her.

Ha I am registered it helps i log in tho 😀 thanks
Posted By: Ilovemyweeones

Re: While I was alseep......missing glider - 09/06/16 01:42 PM

I too bet she's found a blanket or a towel and crawled up for a good sleep now. Don't forget to keep all the toilet lids in the house down. Unlikely she will be roaming around until later tonight but better to play it safe. Good luck.

Re: While I was alseep......missing glider - 09/06/16 06:25 PM

I just got home from work. No sign off her yet. Looking good one room at a time and blocking entrances once cleared. If by this evening I haven't found her operation sit in dark while commence

Re: While I was alseep......missing glider - 09/06/16 09:09 PM

Unless you are 100% confident that your furbaby is NOT in a room, I wouldn't block it off. It is amazing the places they can hide in as I learned from Arthur's escaped with my first cage.

Happy to hear you're a member wink I still have my fingers crossed for you.
Posted By: Feather

Re: While I was alseep......missing glider - 09/07/16 12:05 AM

Make sure that all water is drained or covered, close the toilets. Don't take out the garbage. Careful sitting on furniture. Check coat pockets, clothes hampers.

Please let us know when you find her.

Re: While I was alseep......missing glider - 09/07/16 12:59 AM

We found her. We FOUND HER. I am beyond thrilled. She was just feet away from where we found the male this morning. I had hubs stationed downstairs and me up. 3000 sq ft is hard to keep an eye and ear on. She tucked herself away in a box.

So thankful they didn't get into the 3 fish tanks we have down there. They were just feet away. Gah scary to think about. Going out tomorrow and buying locks. So my curious kiddies won't do it again.

Thanks KS to everyone for their advice and for getting good us through it

Re: While I was alseep......missing glider - 09/07/16 03:44 AM

:yes: clap :thumb2:
Posted By: Feather

Re: While I was alseep......missing glider - 09/07/16 05:13 AM

jump clap
Posted By: the gliders angel

Re: While I was alseep......missing glider - 09/07/16 08:12 AM

I always use twist ties besides the locks on my door have been doing this for 21 yrs of owning gliders this way you have double protection
Posted By: KarenE

Re: While I was alseep......missing glider - 09/07/16 03:54 PM

dance So thrilled you found her :party2:
Posted By: Ilovemyweeones

Re: While I was alseep......missing glider - 09/08/16 12:30 AM

Whew. I felt sick for you. So glad she's okay.
Posted By: HoneyChild

Re: While I was alseep......missing glider - 09/08/16 01:33 AM

So glad there were no issues and everything is back to normal for you! dance dance dance
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL