GliderCENTRAL

Gliders of the Round Table 4

Posted By: Hutch

Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/19/17 08:01 PM

*Bark* *Bark* *meep* *hiss* *BARK!* *tssk**sqeak* *hiss* *pop-pop-pop*

What I think Gwynevere means to say is: "Glider's log, supplimemtal... With this latest leap, we embark on chapter four." I may be paraphrasing a bit.

That makes about 300 posts in just over a year about my crazy colony of four fuzzy, sweet sugar gliders. I can't believe how much material these critters give me to write about. The saga will continue.

If you missed the beginning, you can find the other chapters here while they last:
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III

Stay tuned!

*meek* *bark* *BARK* *hiss* ("Where's my treat?")
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/19/17 10:23 PM

:roflmao:

Here we are again!

Your stories are fun to read and entertaining!

Hopefully this chapter will have more pics!

Ahchem, Morgana, excuse me, but your cute cue is needed. "Roll the camera... Action!" Click....

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/19/17 10:50 PM

I actually took a bunch tonight that I was planning to post in my talk about our tent time... but I was having trouble getting them to upload in to photobucket tonight. *shame*

They be coming, promise!!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/25/17 06:51 PM

I'm going a bit off_topic here, but since nobody else bit, I'm gonna. A short while back you wrote you were pouch snuggling with your crew while while on the laptop writing instructions for a game you were creating... Was is a card, board or video game (may I ask?) ?

I'm just curious... Hubby doesn't play games, but I do play with my grandkids (ages 5- 14). I like to introduce old games from my day and new games if I can find something they they haven't.

Oh and pics please of your crew in the tent...
Posted By: Temulin

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/25/17 07:51 PM

You should consider compiling their adventures in book form. tounge Similar to Grumpy Cat's biography.
Posted By: TwoDog

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/25/17 08:17 PM

Game? <sniff, sniff>...

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/25/17 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Ladymagyver
I'm going a bit off_topic here, but since nobody else bit, I'm gonna. A short while back you wrote you were pouch snuggling with your crew while while on the laptop writing instructions for a game you were creating... Was is a card, board or video game (may I ask?) ?

I'm just curious... Hubby doesn't play games, but I do play with my grandkids (ages 5- 14). I like to introduce old games from my day and new games if I can find something they they haven't.

Oh and pics please of your crew in the tent...

Haha, your hubby's loss, I L-O-V-E boardgames!! Of course you may ask: boardgame. To be exact, it is a new variation based on the mechanics of an existing boardgame that I hope the original company will be interested in. Just finished creating the new accessories & am about to begin play-testing. Here is information on the original game (quite fun if you like puzzels): Cottage Garden

I'm also working on a deck-building game, but that one is from scratch. I've worked out how I want the mechanics to work & am ready to start making the cards & accessories, but that will take a while before I have enough to play-test.

Since I got my photo bucket log-in working again, I find I am finally able to fulfill your request for visuals:

Wuz dat??

May I check my email?

Who's in there?

Where's my throne?

Spaz One & Spaz Two

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/25/17 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: ComradeFluffy
Game? <sniff, sniff>...
Why the sniffles?

Originally Posted By: Temulin
You should consider compiling their adventures in book form. tounge Similar to Grumpy Cat's biography.
Oh jeeze, I can just see Gwyn on a book-signing tour. "Meep-bark-hiss" *stamps with paw* "Bark-bark" *looks expectantly for yoggie* Hmmm... 'Memoirs of Gwynevere Glider & her entourage' for a working title?
Posted By: Feather

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/25/17 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Hutch
Originally Posted By: ComradeFluffy
Game? <sniff, sniff>...
Why the sniffles?

Oh jeeze, I can just see Gwyn on a book-signing tour. "Meep-bark-hiss" *stamps with paw* "Bark-bark" *looks expectantly for yoggie* Hmmm... 'Memoirs of Gwynevere Glider & her entourage' for a working title?

You all need to read the books Grey Angels and Grey Angels 2.

https://www.amazon.com/Gray-Angels-Donna-Fritz/dp/1410796361

I have them both and have read them several times.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/25/17 11:37 PM

I agree with Feather! Great read! I have grandkids that want to borrow. Only at Mimi's house! ( Sticky notes as bookmarks with names ) Part of the proceeds go toward the limphoma(Sp) foundation.

A very personal heartfelt walk through the eyes of a truly committed glider owner.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/26/17 01:52 AM

Sniffing around of a new game.. :-)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/27/17 09:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Feather

You all need to read the books Grey Angels and Grey Angels 2.

https://www.amazon.com/Gray-Angels-Donna-Fritz/dp/1410796361

I have them both and have read them several times.

What's funny Kimberly, is that I bought Grey Angels for a friend as a birthday present before I'd decided to purchase my own (the friend that got me hooked). Then I forgot all about it, lol. So, I purchase it on Kindle yesterday afternoon & made it to the 50% point before I went to bed! You're correct, a must read!

----------------------------------------------

Had two small scares last night due to Gwynevere's boldness. I'm dog sitting again this week & Deere has not only been around my colony before, but has never shown much more than a passing interest of 'they smell odd.' I don't know what's different this week, but she's become fascinated by them (particularly when active or making noises) in a way I'm not liking; body language or something. It's gotten her yelled at more than once & I generally not had a problem with her (she listens to me better than to her owners, haha).

Anyways Deere was sleeping as was my squeaky toys. I took out their pouch, got the usual bleary-eyes looks, & sat down with them intending on some cuddle time before they wake. I was also hoping that I might be able to tell which was one was doing the occasional horse hiss. Gwyn decided she was awake. She scurried up my arm, groomed herself, then barked once in my ear. That woke Deere who way now watching.

Well, after a few chin-scratched & holding the pouch near Gwyn hoping she'd go back in... she jumped to the floor & took off. I was standing fast enough that Deere didn't take off, but she wasn't watching me or obeying my command to sit. When I told her to get in her crate, she instead tried to go around me. Yeah, stocky lab mix or not, was tossed in.

I went after Gwyn figuring I knew right where she went by her direction. Sure enough, she was sitting in the tiny bathroom I first used to play with them. She returns there often when she goes hopping off. As soon as I came to the door frame, Gwyn jumped back on me & I returned to colony to their cage.

When I let Deere out, she looked sufficiently censored & crawled under the bench seat of my dining set (a favorite place to nap... probably comforting).

----------------------------------------

Shortly before I was heading for bed, Gwyn started barking (loudly!) & wouldn't be stopped. Tried talking, singing, offering treats, scratches... nope. It was only when I turned my head to make sure Deere was still by the chair I had been sitting on that Gwyn scampered up my arm, out of the cage, & on to my shoulder. She then peed & clambered on to my head (hasn't been there since she was a small joey). Deere was on her feet now, but a glare & a gesture stop her from coming any closer. That is, until Gwyn glided off & took to the hallway again. Deere got down in to the 'play stance' (dog owners should recognize). This time I didn't try any other commands, just a sharp "CRATE." Deere froze, dropped her tail, & tried to slink away to under the bench. As soon as I blocked her, she sulked in to the crate.

Again, Gwyn was just sitting in the entrance bathroom grooming. She gave me the look of 'What kept you,' then ran up my leg. I petted her maybe five or ten minutes, giving her several during the time, then caught her (was using me as a race track) & put her away again. When I let Deere out, she went back to my chair with a huff.

--------------------------------------------------------

So, yeah, these critters being around each other (this time) has altered all their behaviors. Wasn't like this last time I watched Deere or another dog (Lady) that watched more recently. (Actually, I think Lady is scared of them.) Two small heart attacks brought on by Gwyn's non-cooperation & Deere's reaction last night, but all ended well. I mat have to put Deere in her crate to give my zany balls of dryer lint some out-of-cage time. Luckily, her Mama & Papa will be back Sunday. So, sorry to my little loves, but they may need to put up with more caged evening for a few more days.
Posted By: Stef333

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/27/17 03:47 PM

Oh, wow, that does sound scary! I'm so glad that Deere is well-behaved and responds well to commands, even if she is now fascinated by your colony.

Trading some crate time for Deere so that the gliders can come out and play without causing your untimely death from a heart attack sounds fair. smile

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/28/17 12:34 AM

In response to Kimberley/Feather on another thread :

To Toby Keith's "I love this Bar"

We got barkers; we got biters;
Lazy royals & spooked ones;
An’ we got white face; we got creamios;
An’ we got high flyin’ gliders.
And the girls preened fur look like movie stars.
Mm, mm, mmm, mmm, these are my loves.

We got platinum; we got classics;
Leucistic jumpers, we’re suckers.
An’ we got squeakers; we got wrestlers;
Early morning & all nighters.
And our owners talk about their human slaves.
Mm, mm, mmm, mmm, mmm, I love this job.

I love this job,
It’s my kind of work!
Just seeing you on the cage door,
Puts a big smile on my face.
It ain’t too hard, come with a treat.
Mm, mm, mmm, mmm, mmm, I love this job.

I’ve seen short tails, we’ve got red eyes;
Neutered boys & bald spots.
An’ we’ve got breeders; lots of joeys;
An’ I’ve seen spinnin’ wheels & hoppers;
And we like how they stole our very hearts.
Mm, mm, mmm, mmm, mmm, these are my loves; yes they are!

They like my tent (they like my tent);
An’ I like their games (I like their games);
I like to prepare them a dinner,
I like to snuggle now & then.

But I love this job,
It’s my kind of work!
Them leaping around the play room,
Puts a big smile on my face.
No limit treats, here’re yoggies!
Mm, mm, mmm, mmm, mmm, these are my loves!
Mm, mm, mmm, mmm, mmm, I just love this ol’ job.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/28/17 03:13 AM

Now to record it.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/28/17 10:40 AM

Now to record it.
Challenge... refused shakehead

------------------------------------------

Okay, tip time. I've not been able to get my gliders to sit on the scale long enough to actually read acurately since they were tiny joeys. They just seem to know I need a stable half second & refuse to allow it.

I've tried zeroing it with treats to distract (grab & leaps, even lazy Arthur), I tried a container (scurried around so much the weight kept changing), & tricking them by convering it with a towel (Gwyn tried to take it with her).

How do y'all weight you furballs? Short of going back to the container & just waiting for them to settle down?

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/28/17 12:11 PM

First:

clap clap clap clap :lshower:
:lshower: :lshower: clap clap clap
clap clap clap clap jump clap
clap rofl rofl wave clap
clap clap wave wave wave clap
clap clap clap clap clap
clap clap clap clap clap

(Your audience, please take your bows)

And Thank you! Very cute!

Secondly, you changed the subject...

I have had to start back to the beginning with mine. I tried weighing them in a container, but Dot throws her weight around too much.

I use a sleeping pouch one at a time, fold top over once they settle, or clothes pin it shut. Take weight, empty them out of pouch, and weight pouch and clothes pin. Subtract that from total weight.

Pain in butt, they used to sit still, but have better things to do I guess!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/28/17 04:37 PM

Love the song! :D

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/28/17 05:52 PM

Secondly, you changed the subject...
Since I have no intention of going on tour... absolutely!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/28/17 09:47 PM

I came home tonight. THe furballs were up early & wanting dinner. How was I able to interpet that desire? I had three of they sitting around the empty food dish looking up at me with Arthur gazing down at the dish from the pouch. I told them they got up too early & got a tssk (not sure which one). (Probably Gwyn sassing me again.)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/28/17 10:50 PM

Wow I have so many questions... tounge

First of all - What is that amazing fleece CASTLE you have and where did you get it? Is that a tiny round yeti on top?! It looks like such fun for the suggies - Camelot is real indeed!

Second - I had no clue you made board games/tabletop games. I am the rare minority of nerd that doesn't really like board games, but I'm starting to come around with games like Exploding Kittens, Munchkin, and Gloom. A friend of mine is actually making a card game and drawing all the art for it. Wish I had those skills. Would love to see some pics of the deck building game you're working on. Are the suggies allowing you work on it? They seem like the type that would steal the pieces and run off...

Thirdly, I'd go to a sugar glider's book signing....

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/28/17 11:08 PM

Not to post too many times in one day (& fill up Ch 4 way too fast), but very happy right now. Since the dog was gone, I open the cage door to see if anyone was tired of the cage. One by one I had all four gliders come out to play. Better than that, they mostly wanted to me ON me. They would jump off to explore an area or investigate something, then jump back after a couple minutes as I wandered.

Merlin was the only one who hesitated coming back. For a little while I just followed him around the ground floor. He'd hop away a few steps, wait me me to catch up, look at me a moment, then hop off again. After maybe five minutes he just stopped in the kitchen & didn't hope away, just kept staring at me. So I slowly crouch down & started to scoop him up... he flipped over in my hand & hand a mini seizure. It makes me wonder if he just became stressed & panicked or if he's having them more often than I know.

After holding him to my chest for a while, petting his head softly, he went back to crawling around on me with the others seeming no worse for wear. I let them run, hop, leap, & glide around for a while more before returning the (mildly unwillingly) to the cage. I wanted to make sure we ended on a good note & didn't want the boys getting too antsy (especially Merlin). Maybe I need to find a couple more shirts with pockets for them to nap in... or maybe a light weight hoodie.

The boys went to bed while the girls bounced around on the wheel a bit longer. Now all have retired for a nap. Twas a god night, looking forward to more like this (without the seizure).

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/28/17 11:32 PM

Wow I have so many questions... tounge

First of all - What is that amazing fleece CASTLE you have and where did you get it? Is that a tiny round yeti on top?! It looks like such fun for the suggies - Camelot is real indeed!
It is amazing, I was impressed by it once I saw it... but all credit goes to Dawn (Ladymagyver) who designed & made it. The yeti-thing (I'm really not sure what it is suppose to be) came as a thank you/sorry for a boardgame I bought that is heavily backordered. Apparently the company is famous for something else & the stuffed animal looks like something from it... I don't know. Free & unexpected, so I let them have it during tent time.

Second - I had no clue you made board games/tabletop games. I am the rare minority of nerd that doesn't really like board games, but I'm starting to come around with games like Exploding Kittens, Munchkin, and Gloom. A friend of mine is actually making a card game and drawing all the art for it. Wish I had those skills. Would love to see some pics of the deck building game you're working on. Are the suggies allowing you work on it? They seem like the type that would steal the pieces and run off...
It's a passing hobby more than anything else, it lets me exercise my imagination. No one is perfect, I'll forgive the lack of board game love, haha. I hope you've experienced more than the standard fare of Milton-Bradly & Hasburo classic games before deciding against them, LOL. I really like Gloom!! I'm afraid the deck builder isn't much to look at right now, the cards are real basic for play testing to verify the mechanics... & I only have 30 of the 150 I plan to test with. Yes, if I gave them the chance, I'm sure they'd be added to their nest... they tried to carry away some of the markers I had for Power Grid.

Thirdly, I'd go to a sugar glider's book signing....
I would too, actually, hehe

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/29/17 01:17 AM

Omg, Dawn, I had no idea you had such skills! Do you take commissions? I may need to order a princess castle for Fevy. xD That is so awesome.

The yeti seems like a suitable offering too for a backordered game being late. Or whatever he may be. Poofball with angry eyes.

I just got Gloom for Christmas actually from a friend who's very into tabletop games and slowly converting me. I do like it so far - it's super fun. Hope your game/s feature at least one monster based off a sugar glider. wink

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/29/17 05:32 AM

Omg, Dawn, I had no idea you had such skills! Do you take commissions? I may need to order a princess castle for Fevy. xD That is so awesome.
She seriously does! I just received one of the 10pc sets she was offering & it is done better than several of the 'professional' sets I've purchased!

The yeti seems like a suitable offering too for a backordered game being late. Or whatever he may be. Poofball with angry eyes.
I was entertained by it... so were the furballs. I guess it'll do until the game arrives (in May).

I just got Gloom for Christmas actually from a friend who's very into tabletop games and slowly converting me. I do like it so far - it's super fun. Hope your game/s feature at least one monster based off a sugar glider. wink
You will become one with us gamers!!! Actually, funny that you mention that... The game itself (mechanics & structure) is from scratch, but the theme is pulling from an existing system. That said, as part of my 'fee,' I was going to ty & get a new creature added to the original release of my game & introduced to their system in one of the many planned expansions! I was planning a charm attack to prevent damage to the opponent (who could hurt a glider, after all gangel ) & a bite attack (yes, there is a combat mechanism as part of the game :hit: ).

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/29/17 07:49 AM

The more I look at that yeti, I think it might be from League of Legends? It looks very familiar, but I'm not sure. Suspicious little poofball...

The game-in-the-works sounds awesome! I bet Fevy would play it with me when it's released. Now to get my hands on one of those castles... tounge

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/29/17 12:14 PM

The more I look at that yeti, I think it might be from League of Legends? It looks very familiar, but I'm not sure. Suspicious little poofball...
That jogged my memory! Yes, same company make both Mechs & Minions (what I ordered) & League of Legends, & the yeti-thing is from the latter!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/29/17 07:43 PM

Ok. You guys are making my head spin! I deliver 2 grandkids back to mom and dad in two hours. (Yay! But sad :-( I miss them when they are gone.)

Temulin, Hutch was a big help and inspiration since he's over in Germany.( Both my son's were born there 33+ years ago.)

I never would have thought to make a castle without him being there and such a nice guy. I actually made 3. #1 proto is in shreds. I used it as my test trial. #2 and #3 proto are holding up well. My girls love their castle. I have it hanging outside the cage so they can play with it. I still have the pattern. I have no clue how long it takes to put together, poor Hutch waited 6 months for me to figure it out with a lot of life interuptions. I have a couple of orders to sew, but pm me if you are still interested. I have pics with more detail.

Thanks Hutch! Now I forgot my comment to you! That's ok. Tonight things will be quiet and back to normal. Love my weekends with kids but prefer it when it's warmer outside, my 3 bedroom mobile home gets small quick with rambunctious kids inside...

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/30/17 11:25 PM

Temulin, Hutch was a big help and inspiration since he's over in Germany.( Both my son's were born there 33+ years ago.)

I never would have thought to make a castle without him being there and such a nice guy. I actually made 3. #1 proto is in shreds. I used it as my test trial. #2 and #3 proto are holding up well. My girls love their castle. I have it hanging outside the cage so they can play with it. I still have the pattern. I have no clue how long it takes to put together, poor Hutch waited 6 months for me to figure it out with a lot of life interuptions. I have a couple of orders to sew, but pm me if you are still interested. I have pics with more detail.
Don't let her fool you, she did all the work! Also, don't 'poor Hutch' me, I got a free castle that my gliders love ruling from for nothing more than what I'm doing anyways, hahaha wink

Thanks Hutch! Now I forgot my comment to you!
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

-------------------------------------------------------

Came home & immediately pulled out he pouch for some cuddles after a long day with a migraine. Gwynevere, of course, decided coorperation was not warrented. At first she wasn't bad, just sat on my shoulder for 15-20 mins. She's just started with glider kisses when I turn to look at her instead of pulling away when my face gets near to her, which delivered today with *pops* "You've done good slave, I'll show you -some- affection." heart

Then *jump* & she was off. I let her explore on her own for a while, as long as she'd keep coming back to check on me. At one point that she disappeared for longer than I felt comfortable & I found her running up & back down my kitchen shelves. shakehead As I brought her back to my recliner, she lept for the couch. For a bit we played where she'd jump off, scurry along the couch for a min or two, then glide back. I kept extending the distance & she was up for the challange as long as I offered a yoggie every return trip.

Gwyn seemed to tire of that, so I thought maybe she'd rejoin the other in the pouch to continue hand snuggles by now. Silly human. She crawled in my pullover to expore & decided "Nope, this is a porly designed pouch." Out she came out & immediately sailed to the floor & hopped across the room. This time she climbed in to the cage & up to a high hammock. I waited & listen to what she did, but Gwyn just sat there after making a single half-hearted bark "I'm here now." After several minutes I got up & offered my hand. Gywn grabbed on, a couple licks, then nothing else... so maybe a minutes in to the staring contest I scooped her up. I think we both considered that a victory, hmmm.

THIS time Gwyn went in to the pouch. I gave her a bit to get settled & oriented, then added my hand. She immedately tried to rearrange herself & my fingers. I swear it took almost ten minutes to decide that the best position was pushing through my pointer & middle fingers to lay her head on the fleshy part between them with a paw or two holding my thumb. I was so worried about letting my fingers relax & possibly strangling her, but Gwyn seemed confortable & dozed off. Occationally she'd crack on eye, I'd scratch her head, then she'd go back to dreaming of yoggies & mealies.

After a bathroom break for me, as I settled my (washed) hand back i, Gwyn pulled it to cover her like a blanket. After an episode of Deep Space 9 that way, I remove my hand carefully (including a little paw-prying) & the group didn't even seem to notice. Gwyn was partially curled up on her back, her tail where I left it after extracting my thumb. Morgana (or Merlin hard to say which while asleep in the pouch) still had his/her paws how I'd opened them, looking like traps waiting to clamp down again. Even Arthur had his noise where the palm of my hand had been. Only Merlin (or Morgana) was under the pile not in contact with my hand. I would've grabbed a picture it I thought I could get away with it (wish I had tried). Heart-breakingly cute.

Reminds me, it is able time to update my avatar again. I've been doing it about once per chapter... if I can get all four to hold still long enough to snap a good image.

Now they're playing away in their cage & so far, no barking. "Hey, hey, hey, slave, slave, servant, treat-giver, treats!, play? play?, papa, papa, HEY!" We'll see what happens in the wee hours of the morning... about an hour before my alarm goes off. Brats. God, I love them. (Their adorableness is definately an evolutionary survival adaption.)

---------------------------------------

Finished Grey Angels this afternoon. OMG, such a great read! Thank you Kimberley! For those who haven't yet read that, you are seriously missing out!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 01/31/17 07:01 PM

Hahaha! That is fantastic! Sent ya a PM, Dawn. You need to open an etsy for those if you haven't already. I wish I was that talented and crafty.

Incidentally, I am currently fighting a migraine so this latest suggie story was highly relatable. tounge Was Gwyn on glider crack? Fevy has his spazz moments, but the newest fluffbean is absolutely crazy sometimes. My little Ziggy gets the "kitty crazies" (chinchi crazies?) and he'll run around literally pingponging off walls at full speed. Not really sure WHY he does these random late night runs, but I guess it's how he gets his exercise.

I love little suggie kisses. What an adventurous sweetie! Aww their group snuggles sound so adorable. I do not love barking at 4 AM. : [

I still need to get my hands on a copy of Grey Angels! The name alone is reason enough to read it.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 02/02/17 11:03 PM

Gwynevere does not make a good companion to help one through the witching hour.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 02/06/17 10:08 PM

It is strange. The last few nights they got up unusually late, but were super hyper. (Even when I tried to get them up at thier normal time, they 'did their business', took a treat, then went back in to the pouch :-/ )

Today, they got up early & all have been acting sluggish/tired. I don't get what's changed. Maybe they need glider coffee?

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 02/07/17 01:24 AM

They need a surprise... A present... Any clean living dandelions in bloom? Or some feathers ?

I'm just grasping here... Actually, mine seem to be doing something similar. Mine seem edgy and a bit skittish. Spend a lot of time in their pouch .

We brought them out to the living room to play, and Dot climbed the curtains, sat on top and stared towards the back bedroom. Hubby got up reached for her, she hopped down to his shoulder pointing her nose to the bedroom. He came over to me, she jumped to my shoulder and pointed nose. When I didn't move, she jumped down, and ran all the way through the kitchen, laundry room, straight to her cage, climbed in and went to bed. Fiona, just curled up in my blanket on the couch and took a nap... Kinda weird...
Posted By: Terry

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 02/07/17 03:12 AM

The days are beginning to get a bit longer, maybe the change is effecting them.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 02/07/17 05:24 PM

They need a surprise... A present... Any clean living dandelions in bloom? Or some feathers ?

I'm just grasping here... Actually, mine seem to be doing something similar. Mine seem edgy and a bit skittish. Spend a lot of time in their pouch .

We brought them out to the living room to play, and Dot climbed the curtains, sat on top and stared towards the back bedroom. Hubby got up reached for her, she hopped down to his shoulder pointing her nose to the bedroom. He came over to me, she jumped to my shoulder and pointed nose. When I didn't move, she jumped down, and ran all the way through the kitchen, laundry room, straight to her cage, climbed in and went to bed. Fiona, just curled up in my blanket on the couch and took a nap... Kinda weird...
That is a good description of how they've been acting for the past week: Edgy & a bit skittish. It's funny, mine have either been going for thier cage or to the entry bathroom that we use to play in a lot.

Originally Posted By: Terry
The days are beginning to get a bit longer, maybe the change is effecting them.
Maybe you're right. I have no clue. I'm just as willing to blame the moon phase or the alignment of the planets *sigh*

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 02/22/17 11:50 PM

Been a while since I posted. Was traveling for a week while friends watched my furballs. They did really well, even being in a new enviroment & without me. The girls even came out to play with them, minimal barking, no bites or crabs. This is the second time I've had to allow someone else to watch them at thier house & both have been positive. I guess I've done a decent job socializing them (& thier winning personalities help, I'm sure).

On the other hand, the last few nights have been interesting. Lots of barking right at my 'bedtime.' They can't decide whether to be active or cuddle with my hand in the early evening. They have also barked as they've woken up to see if I'm still here (a couple short/quick ones then a pause before continuing until I answer.. then silence). I feel happy that I was missed, but I'm worried about this spring: gone 28 days starting next month, back two weeks, then gone 10 days again. I really hope they'll do well, I was only away 10 nights total during thier first year with me.

Enough of that, tonight was fun. Gwynevere & Morgana were up early, so I offered them my hand. Gwyn grabbed on then took her sweet time to finish approving of each finger before climbing aboard. After moving her to my shoulder, I offer the Gwyn-approved hand to Morgana who was a little more eager to go for a ride.

Mostly, they clambered about me. Gwyn would leap off for only a minute or two before coming right back. I did follow her up the railing to my top floor & she made a bee-line for my bed room. I caught her as she tried to surmount my bed. Silly suggie, beds are for humans.

In protest, she jumped off again & ran in to my office. To bodly go where no glider has gone before, I guess. They did a little exploring, Gwyn definately more than Morgana, the latter being more interested in riding on my shoulder & trying to grab my pictures off the walls.

Oh, well, after a while of that, I found my way back downstairs. They didn't fight me returning them to the cage, but immediately jumped to the door after I closed it... they remember that part I guess. Gave them each a piece of dried fruit & a scratch goodnight.

One more thing I got: PICTURES!

Where we going, pops?

Trip? I'll help you plan!!

Sprechen Sie, yoggie?

Huh, did you know that? Interesting...

Nom-nom-nom... *mumbles* "tanks, nite" nom-nom....

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 02/23/17 04:51 PM

Love the photos! I'm glad to hear that your crew wasn't traumatized by your absence. I've been thinking about what kind of arrangements I can make for my two the next time I have to travel, and wondering about leaving them in an unfamiliar environment. It sounds like yours handled that situation well.

Do you have glider sitters who already have an established relationship with the furballs? I'll be interested to hear how the gliders of the round table do while you're away for several weeks.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 02/25/17 12:32 AM

Just when I though my goofy tuffs of lint were doing well...

What I thought was Gwyn annoucing she was awake & ready to play turns out to be something she does when she poops. That can't be good. I've tried offering her a little pumpkin yesterday, but she turned he nose up at it big time.

Arthur still gives a hoarse hiss when he pees. This I kind-of knew, but months ago the vet said the test were clear & he should be fine. Bothers me a lot that he is still doing it.

Melin had another sezuire on my shoulder. Bad one, I still have the pin-pick marks from his grip through my shirt. My poor furbaby.

All of this & I have to leave them with a friend for a month starting the week after next & will have significant trouble getting them to a vet in the next nine days. A part of me is thinking that they've been fine this long... but a big part of me is concerned. I'd hate to ask my friend to handle getting samples, trying to explain things to the Dutch vet. So frustrate with such bad timing. Well, Morgana is healthy & rambuncious. We also had a nice play session tonight. There is (happily) that.

Comments, thoughts, or suggestions are most welcome.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 02/25/17 02:32 AM

Do you give them bottled water instead of from the tap?

Purified water is mineral free and not good for gliders.

Maybe a bit of water by syringe? Or pedialight? Full flavor gatorade? Applejuice?

Yogurt will help with pooping too followed with extra fluid. Maybe their digestive tract is out of whack.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 02/25/17 08:19 AM

Proof reading helps, but doesn't always work...

In the above comment, first line... (iI can't quote I'm on my phone. Who am I kidding? I can't quote on my tablet either.)

I meant for the question to ask you aren't using tap water? I assume it's no safer now to drink than it was 35+ years ago when I was in Germany.

Maybe I'm not any more awake now than I was hours ago. ..

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 02/25/17 10:08 AM

Dawn,

I use water from a watercooler. While I have no trouble drinking the local water, I didn't want to subject them to a source of water that may be questionable since we usually don't hear about repairs or other issues until after the fact :-/

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 02/25/17 03:37 PM

Sounds like a UTI sound. :-(

Wish I could do something to help. :-(

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 02/25/17 05:06 PM

I agree with Comrade. Just fly them to me and I'll take care of them while you're gone! Lol!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 02/28/17 06:34 PM

How is the round table doing?

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 03/01/17 12:36 AM

Well, today was actually very nice. Got off work a bit early, so came home & pulled out the sleeping pouch. (Of course with the mandatory talking to them quietly, peeking in, & a couple groggy head-scratches.) Still, had some things I needed to do on the computer, but I pulled up a blanket & tucked their pouch between my chest & it. (Just like a blanket in stormy weather, house is cool, comfortable.) Then I starting typing away while snacking on Cheerios.

After fifteen or so minutes, I see a small glider nose peek out with just enough fuzz to know it was attached to a WFB. I offered a cheerio which Gwynevere snagged like it was million-dollar money bag. Around Gwyn's second, Morgana & Merlin came near her to see what she had. Merlin stole the last half of hers while I was giving Morgana one, so Gwyn ended up with a third. (I always want them knowing that there is more, there is no reason to fight. Must be working, I see them sharing without complaint, or letting another one steal it without fighting over treats.)

Gwyn actually insisted they get some hand-cuddle time. When I went a while without putting my hand in the pouch, she came out to check on me. A couple pets & she went back in, only to come right back out when I didn't 'follow' her in. I guess she figured I didn't understand the invitation after a couple attempts because she recruited Arthur & they both came to my hand & grabbed it when I tried to pet them, then let go & ran back to the pouch. It took a few attempts for me to understand the new trick my fuzzbutts wanted me to learn, but I got the message. I slipped on hand in for them to cuddle with & proceeded to type one-handed with the other.

Besides bio breaks, we stayed that way for a bit over three hours. It was wonderful. I returned them to their cage so I could back all of us dinner & they all went right back to sleep not even watching me place the food or close the door.

It was several hours before the decided to wake. It was announced by the normal bickering (Your foot is in my eye! Well your eye is on my foot!) I normally ignore quick quiet ones, but if they get louder or it goes longer than I like, I raise my voice & tell them to "Stop Bickering!" It actually works often. Not tonight, they were really fussy. So, I went over & stuck my hand in to put a barrier between any who felt like they weren't getting along & give them some good-morning scratching.

I felt someone wrap themselves around my hand, so I scooped them out. Of course, 'Good Morning, Gwynevere.' I petted her a bit while leaving my hand in the cage, then offered he a hammock. She adjusted herself on my hand, but didn't want to leave it, so more pets. Then I offered a rope with the same results. More scratching, some belly-rubbing, then I held her up to the wheel. This time... she just gave me a look 'are you really this clueless or are you just being obtuse?' So, I pulled her all the way out & she sprang for my shoulder.

By then, Morgana & Arthur had made an appearance having moved to a hammock. A couple head or butt scratches, then I reached in to the pouch to check on Merlin. He immediately started grooming my hand, so I carefully slid it under him & was able to scoop him out. A few full length rubs (he really likes those) then I offered him the wheel. He accepted. What makes this so fantastic for me is that I am use to them trying to hold on to the pouch if I try to take my animated dryer lint balls out. This time they were not only willing, Gwyn actually crawled in to my hand & grabbed on to me! I love these critters! I really hope I don't loose too much of this progress being gone a 4-5 weeks.

Morgana was hilarious, too! After only a short time out, I put Gwyn back in to the cage near to food. After a quick jump to the wheel to check on Merlin, she glided back to the food tray & sampled the tangerine I bought for them today. Since it was only a couple minutes later that three of them were chowing down madly on it, I think they liked it, lol. Morgana, on the other hand, wanted to come out & play (or treats, her antics are the same with both). What was so funny this time was (after not getting what she wanted) how she hung from the top of the cage swinging by only her back feet with her arms spread so wide that she looked like she was trying to glide. It was rediculously adorable & I could only laugh at her. Morgana did that several times, checking on me before finding another spot in front of me to try again. I'm sure it was to get my attention becuase she'd stare at me the whole time she was spread glider.

I also gave them a couple toilet paper rolls to see what they though. Since the Round Table fears no challenge, they dove right on them & have been playing with (& slowly dismantling) since. That's all I have for tonight, but it was such a wonderful, heartwarming evening with them. I am so going it miss being able to do nights like this for the next month. Take care, all!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 03/01/17 10:57 AM

How sweet! Your affections for them will be remembered...

Thank you for such a sweet story!

May your travels be swift and safe and bring you home to your loving wee ones...

We anxiously await for a story of your reunion.

I hope you can "stay tuned" right here during your travels as some of us will surely share some our own advenrures...

Be careful my friend...

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 03/01/17 01:25 PM

Have a safe trip, man.
Glad the furbabies are doing well. :-)
They will drown you in kisses on your return.
Posted By: Ilovemyweeones

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 03/03/17 02:51 PM

I'm not gonna lie. I will miss Hutch's post while he is away. They make me chuckle and smile often.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 03/03/17 10:06 PM

Thank you all for the kind words!! I so greatly appreciate it.

Well, It has been a wonderful week of getting plenty of cuddle time with my little loves. Not as much play time since they've been 'waking' really late again, but being able to spend a many hours with them allowing me to pet, rub, tease, or otherwise rest with them against me or wrapped around (or in) my hand. Gwynevere & Arthur in particular seems to vie for the coveted position of the palm of my hand. There have been many times I've peaked in to the pouch to see sleeping cuties pressed again me, wrapped around & clinging to my fingers like a child with his comfort blanket.

I'm going to miss this. I bring them to a friend's Monday night & travel Tuesday morning. I'll just have to make the most of the next couple of days (& nights).

While I may not have too many stories to share (unless my friend sends me tales of their antics), I'll be around at least a little. I hope to see many posts from y'all to give me my glider-fix while I'm separated from my own four doses of happiness.

Now to go see what they're squawking about.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 03/04/17 04:13 PM

Travel safe, Hutch! I look forward to hearing about the joyful reunion upon your return. smile
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 03/05/17 04:31 PM

Be safe, Hutch.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 03/05/17 06:14 PM

It won't be here in time for this trip, but I just ordered a new travel cage I hope will be more moble, but still sturdy, for future travels: Vision Medium Cage. I also ordered the stand.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes mlove

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 03/05/17 06:18 PM

Gotta heart Amazon Prime agree

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 03/05/17 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: KarenE
Gotta heart Amazon Prime agree
Truer words are rarely spoken! :thumb2:

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 03/06/17 02:13 AM

We are going to miss your posts! Take care!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/17/17 09:59 PM

Sorry all for being away so long, just had a lot going on with life that I've needed to handle (still on-going). So, reason #1 for posting it to say "Still Alive!"

Reason #2 is a question: Last couple nights, Gwynevere has been climbing on top of Morgana & hanging on hell or high-water. If Gywn was a boy-fuzzy, I'd think they were trying to mate, but unless there is some incestual lesbian glider action happening, then something else is up. (Yes, I checked: Gwyn has not pulled a Jurassic park, she is still female, as is Morganna.)

I tried to grab a picture, but this isn't 'THAT' type of site... & they were less than coopertive. Looks a lot like the discriptions & YouTubes of glider mating, & Gwyn is quite stubborn about it. Morgana doesn't seem upset or being hurt by it, but she does try to get away; ears stay up, looking around normally, no sounds.

Thoughts on what is going on?

I'll update everyone with how my quartet is doing in greater detail later. As it is, midnight here, I need slee... zzz... zzz...

*bark* huh? OH! *[Submit]* Thanks Gwyn. No, no treat, each your cherries.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/17/17 11:46 PM

Gwen is establishing dominance over Morgana. It's normal.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/18/17 11:51 AM

Huh. I thought that was well established long before. Thank you.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/18/17 12:56 PM

Hutch, your gliders are about 1 1/2 yrs approx? All of mine were around or over a year when I got them, so I do not know much about joeys and their behavior. It may be possible as adults, Gwyn feels the need to reestablish her dominant role for some reason. I would just keep an eye on the situation to make sure it doesn't escalate, but if no harm is being done, you shouldn't worry too much over it, just let them get through it.

Oops, sorry. Glad to hear you're still with us:)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/19/17 12:13 AM

I've never seen my two do this very often, but maybe there has been a power shift with the colony and everyone is reaffirming their pecking order.

Oh and it's great to hear from you!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/19/17 03:05 AM

She was just reminding everyone. I would rather have that than what I witnessed tonight.

One of the gliders grabbed the other by the base of the tail, picked up the glider by his bum and then rubbed his or her head on the underside. If that glider had peed at that moment. Ewwwww!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/19/17 08:13 PM

She was just reminding everyone. I would rather have that than what I witnessed tonight.
Interesting. Well, didn't see it last night or tonight, so maybe she's over it.

If that glider had peed at that moment. Ewwwww!
Or pooped. shock

Oh and it's great to hear from you!
Thanks grin

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/22/17 12:13 AM

0125HRS, Status: Sleep/30m.
Notes: Zzz... Zzz... Zzz...

0130HRS, Status: Awake/0m.
Notes: Woken by glider barking.

0135HRS, Status: Awake/5m.
Notes: Glider still barking.

0140HRS, Status: Awake/10m.
Notes: Glider still barking. Left bed to check/calm.

0145HRS, Status: Annoyed/2m.
Notes: Following squeaky glider as she explores the house after leaping from shoulder to ground after finally quieting down.

0150HRS, Status: Releaved/3m.
Notes: Attempting return to sleep status.

0155HRS, Status: Irritated/4m.
Notes: Glider barking. Considering eBay for Gwyn.

0200HRS, Status: Error-06... primary processor function deteriorated.
Notes: Posting on GC to share the pain while whiskey shot restores sleep status.

0210HRS, Status: Relieved/.5m.
Notes: Alls quiet for the moment, going to sleep before situation changes.

0215HRS, Status: TBD...

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/22/17 12:32 AM

:funny: :rofl2:

shakehead barking gliders! Confession: I keeps a bottle of Fireball in my nightstand cabinet, thanks for the tip on reason to drink it, lol.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/22/17 01:13 AM

shakehead

You should be here when Mary is up for the weekend. Her 20 something gliders start the minute you turn off the light and they go on forever.

She taped them one night, that tape is 11 minutes long and they were still barking when she quit taping.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/22/17 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Terry
Confession: I keeps a bottle of Fireball in my nightstand cabinet, thanks for the tip on reason to drink it, lol.
Glad I could help wink

...that tape is 11 minutes long and they were still barking when she quit taping.
shock

I shouldn't be too surprised. Mine are normally loud, frantic, or long-winded... sometimes it's a combination of two of those. Very rarely is it all three, like last night (aka this morning). It's not even the first time they've woken me to where I wanted to check on them or had trouble consoling Gwyn (out of the four, it's her 3/4 of the time), but her deciding it was play time, grrrr!

Good thing she's cute.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/23/17 04:32 AM

Haha! We came home from work at 3am. As soon as the truck shut off, I could hear them barking through the walls of the camper...

Unlocked door, still barking... I'm so glad we don't have any neighbors close... I didn't think they could be heard outside... I can sleep through this, but it's not always easy...

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/25/17 07:39 PM

Gwyn: *bark* - Me: "What?"
Gwyn: *bark* - Me: "Do you want a treat?"
Gwyn: *bark* - Me: "Yoggie?"
Gwyn: *bark* - Me: "Once for no, twice for yes." Haha, I got her here!
Gwyn: *bark-bark* - Me: "Wha-? Are you kidding me? Do it again!"
Gwyn: *bark-bark* - Me: "... ... ...Fine." *Gives treat*
Gwyn: *jumps to hammock to eat* - Me: *turns around to leave*
?: *bark-bark* - Me: "Already Gwy..." *Sees Arthur on cage front*
Me: "...Are- ...Wha- ...uhhh... nah, seriously?" - Arthur: *bark*... *bark-bark*

These lint balls are smarter than they let on.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/25/17 09:39 PM

:funny: But oddly true...

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/25/17 11:17 PM

shakehead

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/26/17 01:02 PM

They do find ways to communicate what they want, don't they? wink

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/28/17 01:47 PM

I heart the sound of gliders barking smile

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/28/17 09:30 PM

When Mary comes up next I will work on posting her video of the gliders barking, aaaalllllll NIGHT!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/28/17 10:42 PM

rofl

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/29/17 08:21 PM

I should have those furballs create you an album "Round Table Serenades" featuring Gwyn & her hit classic "I miss you like mealworms," & Arthur's new country single "Ain't goin' down 'til the yoggies come out."

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/29/17 10:31 PM

:roflmao2:

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/30/17 03:22 AM

:thumb2:

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 06/30/17 04:23 AM

:yes: :lshower: :roflmao:

Sounds like it could hit platinum!

The Shania (or Gretchen ) and Elvis of Gliderdom...

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/01/17 12:35 AM

The Shania (or Gretchen ) and Elvis of Gliderdom...
I was going more Natalie Cole for Gywn, but Shania works.

---------------------------

Nice play session with the furballs on my knick-knack shelves. I also keep their treats up there in a bin, which they are well aware. I spend most of the time scooping them out one at a time as they would try & get at 'em. It was like a glider conga line of water cooler-guardian angels-Xray parts-star trek-treat box-watercooler.

I even scooped Merlin up for a bit. I kept him on me (easy to do since he's not much of a jumper) until he had his inevitable seizure. This time he timed it well: he was in my hand holding my thumb when it happened. My more convenient to comfort him than, say, behind my neck. SO, I continued to cycle the others treat bin to water cooler while he dugs his claws in to my finger & drools on me as I stroked his head & talking softly. Once he was moving again, I added him in to the rotation. Half an hour of this later, the boys were ready to go back.

The girls are never ready to go back *sigh*

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/01/17 02:14 AM

Hey! They are party girls! You know "girls just wanna have fun".

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/01/17 09:46 PM

Very long overdue, here are some updated pictures from the last couple of nights. Also, finally made a chapter four profile pic!

Wuz dat smell? Arthur?

I'm busy here!

*GASP* Knock first!

Yums!

If I don't move, maybe he won't see me.
Almost... to... the... treats...
Wait, I'm Arthur! I should be king of the x-ray tube!
New profile pic!
Gwynevere

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/01/17 09:49 PM

Gwyn & Merlin
Morgana says "hi"
That is a long way down.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/01/17 10:41 PM

mlove

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/02/17 02:50 AM

Yes Hutch, pictures were long over due... Your fuzzbutts have all grown up!

It looks like Arthur has grown the most. He has filled out a lot.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/02/17 09:42 AM

Yes Hutch, pictures were long over due... Your fuzzbutts have all grown up!

It looks like Arthur has grown the most. He has filled out a lot.

Yes, they have heart & boy has he, lol! He's my big, lazy boy.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/02/17 12:37 PM

Oh my goodness! Thanks for sharing all those great pics!

Hutch, sorry if I missed it, but did you ever find out what's causing Merlin's seizures?

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/02/17 01:31 PM

Medically, no. The few tests the vet has run didn't turn up anything.

From what I've been able to tell, it's anxiety related :-(

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/02/17 02:37 PM

Medically, no. The few tests the vet has run didn't turn up anything.

From what I've been able to tell, it's anxiety related :-(

Now really, what would he have to be anxious about having you for his human -
idea unless it is all those girls pushing his little buttons rofl

Thanks so much for pictures. Love them.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/02/17 08:19 PM

Now really, what would he have to be anxious about having you for his human - unless it is all those girls pushing his little buttons
Well, girls are quite stressful... good thing they're cute.

Just something I've noticed. The seizures seem to happen when I take him out of the cage, when there is a sudden & loud noise, or when he slips & drops unexpectedly. Lately, he has been recovering faster, so I'm happy for that, but I would much prefer there to be nothing from which to recover.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/03/17 09:00 PM

Gywn is being funny on the wheel tonight. Not the usual slow hopping motion, she is getting up to an almost frantic run, then stops dead... & rides the now fast moving wheel round & round & round smile

I'm used to seeing them stop for the ride, but this speed (& the number of loops afterwards) is new & really very funny to watch. Reminds me of kids on a merry-go-round where the last to fall off wins.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/04/17 05:33 AM

Dot has done this... I had to tighten up the bearing though. When the wheel slowed down, she hopped out laid down and puked... After a few minutes, she jumped back in and took a more leisurely pace...

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/04/17 03:11 PM

Gywn is being funny on the wheel tonight. Not the usual slow hopping motion, she is getting up to an almost frantic run, then stops dead... & rides the now fast moving wheel round & round & round smile

I'm used to seeing them stop for the ride, but this speed (& the number of loops afterwards) is new & really very funny to watch. Reminds me of kids on a merry-go-round where the last to fall off wins.

Was she alone or did she have a passenger. I had a pair who would ride together, however, the female loved to ride on the inside getting the speed up and flip her brother out :rofl2: Poor fella would just get back in for another ride shakehead

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/04/17 05:59 PM

That time she was alone. I see them often taken turns at who's driving & who's the passenger, but they usually stick to to the slower hopping speed for that. I did once see Gwyn & Morgana work together to get Arthur to jump off; he was riding on the outside.

Wow, Dot got that spun up?! Impressive. Gwyn just looked like she was having fun.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/04/17 09:18 PM

I figured out today that Merlin is far lazier than I ever gave him credit for. He wouldn't take any seeds from me when I was offering quick treats, but that wasn't anything new. After trying first few of each type, he's since turned his nose. Now I know why.

He just sat & watch the others until one had a shell completely split, then he'd slyly slink on over & swipe it! I'm not sure if I should applaud his ingenuity or 'tssk' him. Instead, I just gave his victim another.

In other news, Gywnevere does not approve of my new fit bit. Despite tssking, poking, or moving, she kept trying to eat or pull it off of me. Silly suggie.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/05/17 02:48 PM

Why doesn't Merlin just wave his wand and crack his own rofl Silly fella.

I don't blame Gywnevere either. Those fit bits are quite annoying :lol:

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/05/17 04:36 PM

Why doesn't Merlin just wave his wand and crack his own rofl Silly fella.

I don't blame Gywnevere either. Those fit bits are quite annoying :lol:

I had to take his wand away. He was too good at the disappearing act when I could convince him to come out to perform.

I agree; I'm trying to get used to it. Hoping it contributes to keeping the motivation for my new fitness regime, aka 'Loose the Arthur-like rear end.'

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/05/17 04:43 PM

Good luck with the 'Loose the Arthur-like rear end.'

Did you get a look at Sean Connery's Arthur rear heart rofl

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/06/17 06:56 AM

Good luck with the 'Loose the Arthur-like rear end.'

Did you get a look at Sean Connery's Arthur rear heart rofl

I don't have the accent to pull that off wink

Last few nights, Gwynevere has been pulling off a new trick. When I reach in to give them treats as the wake up, instead of taking the treat like normal, she just latches on to my hand. It isn't until I retract my hand that she'll finish climbing up, THEN take the treat, & hop to my shoulder. She really has ways of letting me know she wants more human-play time.

Last night I even tried to keep feeding the others (she was first in line). I managed it with her holding on the whole time, but as soon as I brought out my hand... have I mentioned Gwyn can be stubborn?

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/06/17 11:13 AM

Sounds like you have made a fur-ever friend!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/06/17 08:51 PM

Sounds like you have made a fur-ever friend!
*groan* but you're probably right.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 4 - 07/12/17 07:52 PM

Another 100 posts, another filled thread. But fear not, faithful friends of the Arthur's furry court! This in not an ending, the saga continues here !

:jump2: :jump2: :jump2: :jump2: :jump2:
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL