GliderCENTRAL

Pharmacies

Posted By: kittybaran

Pharmacies - 11/05/09 08:21 PM

Just a heads up with Pharmacys. I had called around getting prices for my chemo drug for my gliders and was only asking price. I went with the cheapest, the Apothacary Shoppe, assuming that the drugs were all the same in drug substace. By accident my Oncology vet called in a scirpt in to Dimondback Pharm. It was one that I had called previously for prices and they were more expensive so I did not use them. As it turns out Dimondback's compound are more stable than the Apothacary Shoppe, hence last longer. So I was dishing out 70 bucks to the Apothacary Shoppe for 2 orders at different concentrations, and the drug expired in only 2 weeks. I always had left overs and was wasting the drug. At Dimondback, the drug was 5 bucks more, but is lasted months! So when calling around for drug prices ask about the price, but do not forget to ask about how long the drug lasts, especially if it is being compounded.
Posted By: sugarglidersuz

Re: Pharmacies - 11/06/09 10:40 AM

Thank you for the tip. I compound Mareki's medication myself, but most people can't do that, so this is an excellent pointer thumb
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL