GliderCENTRAL

Infected Pouch Pictues?

Posted By: ChrissysGliderz

Infected Pouch Pictues? - 11/15/10 02:35 AM

Does anyone have pictures of infected pouches. I have not been able to find any :/ If you have any can you please post them.

thanks
Posted By: Jackie_Chans_Mom

Re: Infected Pouch Pictues? - 11/15/10 03:24 AM

There are a few pictures here:
http://thesweetspot.forumotion.net/infections-uti-etc-f15/pouch-infections-t177.htm
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: Infected Pouch Pictues? - 11/15/10 03:27 AM

Here's one thread that has information, but talk with Chris (Glidrz5) - she has/had a glider with recurrent pouch infections. thumb

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/888681/Re_Pouch_infection#Post888681
Posted By: snowbabygliders

Re: Infected Pouch Pictues? - 11/15/10 03:27 AM

mine is about as bad as they come and was because of a trio. the trio worked the first time they had babies, the second time, they snatched both of each other's babies from each other, inverted each other's pouches and both had infections. Unfortunately Destiny had the worst. we were only able to save one baby out of the four from this frown puts a shadow over my head about trios now so i have all pairs by self choice... but here is a pic.sorry so graphic and not sure this is what your looking for....

she did heal up fine from this with an antibiotic injection. sorry if you were looking for something somewhat different

Re: Infected Pouch Pictues? - 11/15/10 03:28 AM

Oh my, Kristy...wow! That's incredible. frown So sorry you had to deal with this!

Re: Infected Pouch Pictues? - 11/15/10 03:35 AM

yes. its ok aimee. hug2 well not ok but ok now. i didn't expect it and got her into the E.R. vet asap and it healed up great. hate re-looking at the pics as i feel for her i do. she is back to normal now and is no longer in a trio and happy. i'm just so glad there wasn't permanent damage and we got the antibiotics on board asap.

Chrissy hope you don't have an infected pouch and all is well hug2

Re: Infected Pouch Pictues? - 11/15/10 03:38 AM

Thanks everyone for the pictures. Kristy I am sorry that you had this happen to both females. I need to take some pictures of one of my girls if I can get her to be still.

I can describe it as when she comes out onto the wire and stretched is it normal to see inside of her pouch. She is nursing 2 joeys right now and they all seem to be doing great. I can sometimes see her nipples where they have been nursing and I can see what looks to me as a milk bag I am assuming. Is this normal ?

thanks

Re: Infected Pouch Pictues? - 11/15/10 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By: kristy55303
yes. its ok aimee. hug2 well not ok but ok now. i didn't expect it and got her into the E.R. vet asap and it healed up great. hate re-looking at the pics as i feel for her i do. she is back to normal now and is no longer in a trio and happy. i'm just so glad there wasn't permanent damage and we got the antibiotics on board asap.

hug2 I'm glad things are back to normal and all's well! Sweet girl is probably much happier now! Kudos to you for making that change for her! smile

Re: Infected Pouch Pictues? - 11/15/10 03:42 AM

@ chrissy....awws thanks hun... it was not easy but we all got through it...

@ aimee yes she is with her partner for life now and the intro went super smooth. she is incredibly happy and still incredibly sweet <3

Chrissy what u r saying....it sounds normal i have seen that too. if you can get a pic it would be very helpful. as long as the pouch isn't inverted, swollen, no discharge etc she may just be fine and momma is worrying too much...but its best to be safe than sorry...a pic will help a lot and always when in doubt see a vet wink

Re: Infected Pouch Pictues? - 11/15/10 03:44 AM

Kristy I am sending you a picture through your email smile
Posted By: Meg_n_Von

Re: Infected Pouch Pictues? - 11/15/10 06:17 AM

Originally Posted By: kristy55303
mine is about as bad as they come and was because of a trio. the trio worked the first time they had babies, the second time, they snatched both of each other's babies from each other, inverted each other's pouches and both had infections. Unfortunately Destiny had the worst. we were only able to save one baby out of the four from this frown puts a shadow over my head about trios now so i have all pairs by self choice... but here is a pic.sorry so graphic and not sure this is what your looking for....

she did heal up fine from this with an antibiotic injection. sorry if you were looking for something somewhat different

Ouch! That poor little thing... frown
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL