GliderCENTRAL

Have a pouch problem need help ASAP

Posted By: carolinasuggies

Have a pouch problem need help ASAP - 11/26/10 11:17 PM

I was playing with a pair of my gliders tonight and I noticed this

It wasn't like this last night and I am not home to get her to the vet so has anyone else had this problem or know what it is and what I need to have done? She is acting normal and being VERY playful eating and drinking as normal!

Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Have a pouch problem need help ASAP - 11/26/10 11:26 PM

I had that happen once, took my glider to the vet. He ran cultures and all was fine. In my case, it was just an inverted pouch from the joeys. It went back in on its own and never had any other issues.

It doesn't appear to be red or swollen in the pics, but wouldn't hurt to go see a vet. Always better to be safe than sorry!

Re: Have a pouch problem need help ASAP - 11/26/10 11:28 PM

It isnt red or swollen at all my concern is she has 2 joeys they are 6 weeks oop thats one of my main concerns will the joeys be okay?
Posted By: Dancing

Re: Have a pouch problem need help ASAP - 11/26/10 11:59 PM

it is probably because of the joeys. I would watch very closely and see if it goes back in on it's own. If it starts to get red or swollen, then a trip to the vet is in order.

Re: Have a pouch problem need help ASAP - 11/27/10 12:21 AM

I am just baffled at why after 6 weeks oop it happens now!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Have a pouch problem need help ASAP - 11/27/10 02:10 AM

Cuz their little Joey heads are getting bigger lol!! Poor Mama is streatched out - it happened with my mama too - just not as pronounced.
Dancing is right - keep an eye on her and if it becomes red or swollen make a trip to the vet.
Posted By: dizzyblue

Re: Have a pouch problem need help ASAP - 11/27/10 02:24 AM

there was a post on this and someone touched it with a wet q-tip and it went back to normal (i think) i'll see if i can find it!
Posted By: dizzyblue

Re: Have a pouch problem need help ASAP - 11/27/10 02:25 AM

okay here it is but it does not look like your pics,maybe its a similar case though

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/993008/HELP_Hermaphrodite_Pics

Re: Have a pouch problem need help ASAP - 11/27/10 02:41 AM

No it's like her pouch is turned inside out with no swelling or redness! But I have had gliders for many years and never saw this so I am a little scared!

Re: Have a pouch problem need help ASAP - 11/27/10 02:52 AM

When I was a member of GG somebody had this happen with their female and if memory serves me correct mama glider put the pouch back to normal on her own.

Have you posted or browsed TSS to find out?

Re: Have a pouch problem need help ASAP - 11/27/10 03:03 AM

No honestly I joined all those sites a LONG time ago but I never use them and I cant remember the site addresses! frown

Re: Have a pouch problem need help ASAP - 11/27/10 03:08 AM

No biggie. That's what we're here for.
Here ya go.

http://thesweetspot.forumotion.net/index.htm
Posted By: Adri

Re: Have a pouch problem need help ASAP - 11/27/10 03:16 AM

That is quite common in females that have older joeys nursing. It is not of concern if as said previously there is no swelling, redness or secretions. It should go back on it's own usually the next time the joeys feed. HTH wink
Posted By: KoziGliders

Re: Have a pouch problem need help ASAP - 11/27/10 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Adri
That is quite common in females that have older joeys nursing. It is not of concern if as said previously there is no swelling, redness or secretions. I should go back on it's own usually the next time the joeys feed. HTH wink

Agreed! My girl just looked like this the other day.. too big of joeys wanting too much snack time just stretches the pouch out a bit but just like their 'webbing' they can shrink right back with just a bit of time.

Now if she wasn't nursing, THEN I'd be worried!
Posted By: Cora

Re: Have a pouch problem need help ASAP - 11/27/10 06:38 PM

Sometimes Sadies looks like a cow utter with joeys and all 4 nipples showing!

Re: Have a pouch problem need help ASAP - 11/27/10 06:56 PM

Thats how hers looks (cow utter with 4 nipples showing) it just took me by surprise I guess since I have never seen it before LOL Thanks guys!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL