GliderCENTRAL

Flossing

Posted By: Anonymous

Flossing - 06/09/08 01:52 PM

So I have noticed that my little Rockstar (aka Rocky) has been flossing quite alot lately. shakehead I've only had him and Bullwinkle for 2.5 weeks now but he seems to be doing this EVERYDAY. Is this normal for a 4 mo old to be doing this so frequently? dunno I just don't want him to be hurting himself. Please help me!! confused
Posted By: LSardou

Re: Flossing - 06/09/08 02:04 PM

Yes, this is normal. Just make sure that his penis does not stay out for more than 10 minutes. If he seems to be having difficulty urinating, or if it doesn't retract, he should be examined by a vet to make sure that he isn't developing an infection. If his penis doesn't retract, you can apply some KY (plain - non warming) on his penis to help it to retract.
If you have two males, I would also suggest that you consider having them neutered. This will tone down their aggressiveness towards each other as they get older.

Re: Flossing - 06/09/08 02:26 PM

It odesn't seem to stay out more than 10 minutes, and he isn't having ANY trouble "recoiling" as far as I can tell. I will schedule a neutering soon, I've just been scared to get it done... frown

Re: Flossing - 06/09/08 02:31 PM

I'm glad to hear that everything is looking normal. Please if your concerned or worried about having him neutered, feel free to ask questions or just to express your concerns. We will be here to help in anyway that we can. hug2

Re: Flossing - 06/09/08 02:38 PM

Thanks! With him being the hyper one, I would hate for him to be neutered and re-injure anything or for him and Bullwinkle to be playing and he have an accident. I figured I could deal with the smells that they emit, but if it's better in the long run I guess I'll have to go ahead and get the ball rolling.
Posted By: gliderma

Re: Flossing - 06/09/08 02:50 PM

I'm sorry, but what is flossing?
Posted By: morksmom

Re: Flossing - 06/09/08 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: gliderma

when the penis is out and they look like they are flossing with it...scared me to death the first time I saw this happen. BOYS shakehead

Re: Flossing - 06/09/08 03:51 PM

OMG, I heard so much about it before I got the boys that I thought I was prepared, but nothing can prepare you for actually seeing this in real life! I was so in awe! LOL roflmao I thought Rocky had SM because I could see that there was a split btwn his manhood and I almost freaked out until I realized that it was normal.... shakehead

Re: Flossing - 06/10/08 05:37 PM

wow. really glad i read this thread....!
Posted By: pappy1264

Re: Flossing - 06/10/08 06:44 PM

Also, listen to make sure they are not making noises. Sometimes what starts out as flossing can turn into sm'ing. Not trying to scare anyone, but just a heads up.

Re: Flossing - 06/10/08 08:05 PM

Originally Posted By: morksmom
Originally Posted By: gliderma

when the penis is out and they look like they are flossing with it...scared me to death the first time I saw this happen. BOYS shakehead

Hence the old saying........ "Boys will be Boys"

roflmao shakehead roflmao

Re: Flossing - 06/10/08 09:25 PM

SM? I haven't heard any noises coming from the pouch while he's flossing so all seems to be good. I'm hoping to go ahead and make an appointment for him to get the big "snip" soon.... frown will this cut down on his flossin, or will he still be doing it as frequently as he does now? dunno

Re: Flossing - 06/10/08 09:46 PM

Yes, this will help. hug2

Re: Flossing - 06/11/08 01:31 PM

Whew! smile That's a relief. I just feel like he's going to end up hurting himself doing it so much! LOL, I know it is normal, but I'm a worry wart...
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL