GliderCENTRAL

suggie neuter pictures

Posted By: saturngirl

suggie neuter pictures - 09/17/08 05:29 PM

I had a friends suggie neutered at my vet last Friday. I was able to snap a few photos with my camera phone.

Attached picture OT.jpg
Attached picture OT 2.jpg
Attached picture OT 3.jpg
Attached picture OT 6.jpg
Attached picture OT 8.jpg

Re: suggie neuter pictures - 09/17/08 05:30 PM

more photos

Attached picture OT 10.jpg
Attached picture OT neuter.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: suggie neuter pictures - 09/17/08 05:33 PM

awww!!! thanks for posting these! m so glad all went well
Posted By: LSardou

Re: suggie neuter pictures - 09/17/08 05:34 PM

Those are great pictures! Thank you for taking the time to post these for us.

Re: suggie neuter pictures - 09/17/08 05:36 PM

My vet is wonderful....she let's the suggies owner watch the neuter take place so you never have to leave your suggie.
I snapped what pictures I could without getting in the way too much.

OT is doing very well and goes in for his follow up on Friday then will be going back home during the weekend.

Re: suggie neuter pictures - 09/17/08 05:43 PM

What a wonderful vet!! Thanks for sharing!!

Re: suggie neuter pictures - 09/17/08 05:46 PM

Dr. G is awesome! I love that we get to be there when they first wake up. She hands em' right over to us so they are with someone they love. Sure made a difference with my boys I know.

Do most vets let you go back during the surgery? I don't watch most of it. Like, I can't watch when they are anesthetizing them....Linus vomited and I bawled like a baby.....SO not going there again....LOL
Posted By: sugarglidersuz

Re: suggie neuter pictures - 09/17/08 06:02 PM

Those are great pictures! Thanks so much for sharing hug2
Posted By: ORsuggiemomma

Re: suggie neuter pictures - 09/17/08 06:24 PM

those were really neat pics. I am glad you posted those.

Re: suggie neuter pictures - 09/17/08 06:29 PM

I posted the best pictures that I took. They actually came out pretty good with the camera on my cell phone. I knew people on here had wanted to see pictures.

I had my male suggie neutered last year and I was so worried and concerned that I didn't think of pictures. This time it was different...I knew more of what to expect and I really watched the neuter happen this time.

Re: suggie neuter pictures - 09/17/08 07:20 PM

Yea and it's different when it's not YOUR baby!
Posted By: TTrusty

Re: suggie neuter pictures - 09/18/08 01:34 AM

Was this a poms off. Did you use a ecollar. I am getting ready to get mine neutered and I am trying to decide which way to do it. Thanks for the pics

Re: suggie neuter pictures - 09/18/08 01:34 AM

Yes....but still nerve wrecking too because he's not my baby.
Posted By: hipbchik

Re: suggie neuter pictures - 09/18/08 01:55 AM

Originally Posted By: suggiemom
Do most vets let you go back during the surgery?

Doc Tristan lets owners watch and take pics also...he also explains the procedure as he's doing it, so it makes things much easier (jmho...)

Glad this little guy came through it ok, and thanks for posting pics...
Posted By: konotashi

Re: suggie neuter pictures - 09/18/08 02:13 AM

That's so cool! Those are REALLY good pics, ESPECIALLY since they're from a phone.
Thanks for sharing! This post should be saved later. tounge

Re: suggie neuter pictures - 09/18/08 02:25 AM

My Benji was neutered last Friday but I didnt get to watch. I would love to have been there with him. I have seen cats and dogs neutered and from your photos it looks like the same procedure.

Im so glad your little guy is doing well. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures with us. Very interesting!

Re: suggie neuter pictures - 09/18/08 01:03 PM

Hi TTrusty
This was a poms on neuter....it's less invasive. No ecollar but it always helps to have one handy...just incase.

Re: suggie neuter pictures - 09/22/08 05:28 PM

I am getting ready to neuter my boys and those pictures almost made me CRY!!! LOL I didn't realize that it would affect me in such a way. Thanks for sharing though..I am very nervous!
Posted By: pappy1264

Re: suggie neuter pictures - 09/22/08 05:34 PM

Great pics. And great vet! When Timmy had his done, they brought him right to me, so I was holding him as he came to. I think that is really important, so they are a little less scared. Good luck, Bradley, with the neuter. Make sure they send home 3 days of pain meds (Torb, Butorphanol or Bruprunex are the best choices).

Re: suggie neuter pictures - 09/22/08 05:36 PM

Bradley it will be ok. It's amazing how suggies recover fromt he neuter so fast! By the next day your baby should be normal like nothing ever happened.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL