GliderCENTRAL

Hissing when peeing (Found problem)

Posted By: TTrusty

Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 10/08/09 02:32 AM

Just wanted to let people know what happened to my MoMo in case it might help any one else out there. He has been hissing when he was peeing. I have had him on 4 different antibiotic for UTI's. I took him to a vet in Des Moinse to day. He found out that him pinis was folded backward and the forks was wraped around it. Like a big knot. The tissue was growing around it. He said he has never seen anything like it before. And he has no idea how it could of happened. He pulled it down and pulled it away from the tissue. And put it back in. So far he is keeping it in. But worse case if he won't we will have to amputate. He is hoping this will fix the hissing problem from being uncomfortible. I feel really bad that I didn't take him to Des Moinse before now but atleast I finally found out what might be wrong. I took him to a small vet in my town.
Posted By: MissSarah

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 10/08/09 02:35 AM

Holy Smoke!! Thats crazy!! Hopefully your little guy will feel better soon! Lots of hugs!
Posted By: Feather

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 10/08/09 02:58 AM

Oh my that poor little guy. Glad your vet found the problem.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 10/08/09 03:31 AM

Wow! How could that happen? It's so bizarre!
So glad he's ok!
Posted By: kelii

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 10/08/09 03:44 AM

WOW!! that sounds very uncomfortable! Poor little guy.

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 10/08/09 03:59 AM

Holy cow I've never heard of that problem before! I'm surprised the little guy didn't SM from the pain that had to be causing. Kudos to you for taking him in, and the vet that figured out the problem!
Posted By: LSardou

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 10/08/09 05:11 AM

What type of test(s) did they run to detect this?
Ultrasound, X-Ray, or palpitation?

I'm sure your happy to at least have the problem solved. I hope that things will heal properly for him!

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 10/09/09 02:21 AM

The vet has no idea how it could of happen. I think that maybe the vet (different one) might of put it back in wrong when he was neutered.. But we don't know. The vet put him to sleep to do a full exam on him and found the problem. I had already noticed when I pulled it back and looked at it it looked a little swelled inside. Well I don't think it was swelled it that was were it was bent back. So far 32 hours later he is still keeping it in. They were going to do a xray to check for blockages but done the exam first and found this.
Posted By: cjkeenon

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 10/10/09 04:40 AM

I am so glad that you found out what was wrong with your little baby, MoMo. By the way, you said that they might have to amputate. What are they going to amputate????

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 10/10/09 04:26 PM

If he does not keep his penis in they will have to amputate it. But I don't think I will have anything to worry about because he is keeping it in so fare 3 days later.

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 10/11/09 03:52 AM

I have good news. I have always only been able to get .3cc of pee out of momo at one time. I just got 1.3 cc of pee and NO hissig!!!!!!!!!YA

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 10/11/09 05:13 AM

jump That is FANTASTIC news! I am so glad to hear that Momo is doing great, and the problem seems to have been resolved.
I will continue to keep him in my prayers!
Thank you for the update! I can imagine how relieved you are to finally have this figured out.
Posted By: Meg_n_Von

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 10/11/09 06:05 PM

Oh wow, that's a new one. Hope he doesn't have to have anything else done... wink

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 12/19/09 12:12 AM

Update!!! Well it had happened again about 2 weeks ago. It was connected worse. They vet didn't think he would make it. He had to cut a bounch of connective tissue off and it bleed quite a bit. He thought it would close off the canal for him to pee. My vet called Dr Walsh and they decided to put him on a different anti inflamitory drop. He was very please with what he saw today. It was just connected a little and it didn't bleed when he pulled it loose. He told me to keep up what we are doing and we will see what it is doing in 2 weeks. Keep him in all your prayers Please.
Posted By: josefine

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 12/19/09 12:41 AM

I will definitely keep him in my thoughts!!!! I hope things will truly be on the up & up. next time you come up here, let me know, & we can do lunch. we could see if Iowa Misty,from Ankeny,could join us,&/or Mary from Norwalk. we do have a nice little size of glider owners in the Des Moines area,I just can't remember who all they are!!
talk @ ya L8R
Posted By: pbear3s

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 12/19/09 01:39 PM

Oh poor little guy. Glad they found the problem.

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 01/28/10 01:16 AM

Well I am still fighting this problem with MoMo. He had to have the tissue taken off again about 2 weeks ago. It was worse then the time before. So we decided to go do it every 2 weeks and see how it goes then. Well today was the day I took him back in. Not good. There was more tissue today then there has ever been. The doc isnt ready to give up so we are still trying. He had me change back to putting the ointment on instead of the synotic drops. Keep us in your prayers THanks

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 01/28/10 11:58 AM

Well my news is not good at all. Last night when I got MoMo out of his pouch his penis was black.His penis could not take any more evidently. Finally got him in a ecollar last night. You know the funny thing. All the trama my little guy has been through I have never had to put him in a ecollar. He is so sweeet and loving. This is one of the hardebt things to go through. I am taking him in right now. Im going to be there when they open. This is so hard seeing him go though this.He is only a year in a half old. What it is doing now is closing his cloaka off I have kept it moist but the tissue is still doing it.I got go now. I have a 1 1/2 hr drive to Des Moinses to the vet they open at 7:30.
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 01/28/10 12:02 PM

Oh dear! Prayers being sent for you and little MoMo! Please update us as soon as you can!
Posted By: flutterbye

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 01/28/10 12:09 PM

poor little MoMO...sending healing thoughts your way!!
Posted By: cjkeenon

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 01/28/10 12:41 PM

I have you and MoMO in my prayers. Please keep us posted!!
Posted By: minkasmom

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 01/28/10 01:41 PM

I am with you in spirit...my emoticon says it all.
Posted By: Gizmogirl

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 01/28/10 01:49 PM

Sending lots of prayers for you and MoMO hug2

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 01/28/10 03:31 PM

Prayers and hugs to you and momo!!!!!!!!!!! Keep us posted ... If you need my shoulder i'm here.. You gave me yours now its my turn to give you mine.

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 01/28/10 03:56 PM

My prayers are with you and MoMo today. I'm also here for you if you need a shoulder to lean on. hug2

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 01/28/10 04:52 PM

Well the vet in DesMoinses wouldnt see him or even call me cause they were to busy. So I brought him down to my dog vet. His abdoman was swelling and he was bleeding inside. I decided I could not put him through anymore. So I had to make that hard decision. Please pray for his mate Zoey she loved him very much. Thanks Everyone Glide Free My boy
Posted By: StitchsMom

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 01/28/10 05:08 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss. Glide free little MoMo! :rbridge:

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 01/28/10 05:28 PM

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry to hear this!! frown
Thinking of you...

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 01/28/10 05:39 PM

cry My heart is breaking for you sweetie. Please call me if you need to. I'm here for you!!!

Godspeed and Glide Free little MoMo, you will be deeply missed.
:rbridge:

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 01/28/10 06:04 PM

CRYING!!!! I'm SO SORRY!! GLID FREE MOMO
Posted By: Gizmogirl

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 01/28/10 06:04 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss. Glide free little one.
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 01/28/10 06:34 PM

You made the hardest decision ever but it was out of love. MoMo knew you loved him and did what he needed.

I am so very sorry for your loss. hug2

Glide free little MoMo :rbridge: over the rainbow bridge. You will always be loved, missed and remembered.
Posted By: minkasmom

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 01/28/10 07:07 PM

cry cry cry cry I'm still leaking...or leaking again, however you want to look at it. I'm feeling your & Zoey's sorrow...and I'm here for you. hug2
Posted By: ValkyrieMome

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 01/28/10 08:08 PM

I'm so sorry you had to make this difficult decision - but I know you made it with love and with MoMo's best interests in your heart.

He knows you love him!

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 01/29/10 01:50 AM

Thank You everyone for all your support. We really need it. This is so hard. We were so attatched to this boy. I am so glad I got to be his mommy for the short amount of time we had him. The last 1 1/2 years wasnt near long enough though.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 01/29/10 12:39 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. Poor little MoMO has been through so much. I know how difficult the decision to help him over the Rainbow Bridge was. It was a decision that you made out of love for little MoMO.

May your memories of him comfort you in the days to come.

Glide Free Little MoMo :rbridge:

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 01/30/10 12:09 AM

Thank You everyone, I know it is so hard when I couldnt do anything to make it better. I know he is not in pain anymore. It is so hard to see Zoey upset. I cried when I had to put her back in her cage last night alone. I felt so bad for her. My husband is really upset about it. He says it just isn't the same feeding her without him. He feed them mealworms and yogart at dinner. He was the one that purred when he put his hand on the bag and called there names and came to the top of the cage at night in the same spot and upside down to get their yoggie drop when he got home from work. We will never be able to replace him. Glenn would not even barry him. He had me take him back to the vet and have him cremated. I got to pick him up tomorrow. Denise (minkasmom) is having a memorial box made for him. She is so awesome. I don't know how I would of made it without her. Well I better go so I will stop crying know.

Re: Hissing when peeing (Found problem) - 01/30/10 02:07 AM

hUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGZZZZZZ TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL