GliderCENTRAL

Hole under Rockos Chin

Posted By: Cora

Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/10/10 05:32 AM

Looks like Rocko will be tagging along with Ever to the vet tomorrow morning. Look what I found earlier. He has been eating well, obviously there is a problem though plus his neck is what, dont know if hes drooling like Sugar (his daughter) does or if it is coming from this pinhole
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/IMG_4951.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/IMG_4952.jpg
Posted By: tlc_in_chitown

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/10/10 06:47 AM

Awww, poor baby. Looks really wet to me and I def see something under his chin too. It doesn't look that red in the pics, so hopefully you caught it soon enough that you wont have a big problem. Lucky for you that you are going to vet anyway tomorrow. I would be the one to see something on one of my babies after I already get home from the vet....then have to turn around and go right back. Good luck!
Posted By: Dancing

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/10/10 07:35 AM

Make sure they really check his teeth. It could be he has an abcessed tooth. Poor guy. Hopefully it is nothing serious and just a little antibiotic ointment is all he needs.

My thoughts will be with you and Nice tomorrow...(are you SURE you want to neuter him???)

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/10/10 12:01 PM

yea, Teresa I suspect peridontal issue as well, he is after all Sugars daddy! I would not be surprised if it is genetic!

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/10/10 12:04 PM

and yes,
i have enough stinky boys so Ever is certainly going in for neuter..............besides hes already attatched to Sugar and Spice. Sugar has no bottom incisors and her line was retired for diff reasons! so she should never have joeys in my opinion!
Posted By: DirtyPaws

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/10/10 12:38 PM

So glad to hear they are a happy little family! heart

Good luck with those boys today!
Posted By: eterrell84

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/10/10 02:23 PM

awe poor little guy.... hope everythings okay with the little man!
Posted By: Feather

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/10/10 02:35 PM

Boy your babies have sure been giving you enough to stress about lately. I hope all goes well with Ever's neuter and that a solution to Rocko's problem is found easily.

Prayers and good thoughts coming your way today.

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/10/10 10:40 PM

vet suspects some type of puncture wound. Will be cleaning it with the blue solution twice a day and put some special 33 dollar oint on it twice a day. Todays vet bill with Evers neuter 250.54
Someone said you never have to take them to the vet..............yea OK
Posted By: Gizmogirl

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/11/10 05:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Cora
Todays vet bill with Evers neuter 250.54
Someone said you never have to take them to the vet..............yea OK

Someone should start with a savings account for vet bills, or someone is going to run into trouble. With suggies I always say expect the unexpected.

I am glad Evers is doing ok and Rocko as well. I am glad you caught the puncture wound in time.

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/11/10 06:38 AM

Good luck with the ICU healing ward you have down there! Vet bills stink, but I have seen worse. Have a friend that should set up direct deposit of her payroll check...hehe. I know she will see this too. Glad everyone is ok!
Posted By: Feather

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/11/10 08:12 PM

I hope little Rocko heals up fast. You sure have your hands full down there.

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/13/10 05:36 AM

Yes I do! Rockos puncture wound looks about the same. but no worse. it does not seem to bother him though!
Posted By: ValkyrieMome

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/13/10 05:58 AM

Cora - any theories or ideas - yours or the vet's - on how it happened?

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/13/10 09:13 PM

no, but weird glider stuff just seems to happen over the past 3 years...............If its weird I am going to experience it! All I know is its a puncture wound but it is unclear what punctured it. Where was blood, I have never seen any. I have checked their cages over. 3 weeks ago I had all cages outside being washed and I always go over everything really well then too................another mystery at Coras. frown At least I take my gliders out all the time and I am paying attention so these issues that come up can be dealt with immediately!

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/13/10 09:46 PM

Amen to that! They have the best Momma to take care of them heart

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/15/10 06:32 PM

Well its not getting better and starts bleeding when I gently clean it. When its not bleeding I see clear stuff that could be saliva which would mean it goes all the way through as I suspected in the beginning. He and Roxy will be going to Marys with Spencer monday and to the vet with Spencer on tuesday.
Posted By: hpyhwn2003

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/16/10 01:46 PM

hug2 Hope he gets better soon.

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/16/10 01:51 PM

I will get you some pics of Mary and Ace tomorrow Elana!! I wont forget, I promise!!
Posted By: MizValorie

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/18/10 05:44 PM

Cora called me and asked me to update the boards.

Rocko went to Mary H's vet today. He said the hole went through the gum and the root of his two bottom incisors are gone. Therefore the vet is removing the two bottom incisors today. So it is periodontal disease, like Sugar.
Posted By: Dancing

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/18/10 07:08 PM

Poor baby. I'm betting he will feel so much better once the teeth are removed. I know how bad tooth pain is and our rational minds can understand the cause/effect and can make the decision to have them fixed or pulled. Animals only know their mouth hurts. Hopefully having those teeth removed will lead to quick recovery for him.
Posted By: hpyhwn2003

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/18/10 08:38 PM

Gosh Cora I hope Rocko feels better soon. And thanks I'll be looking for a few photos grin
Posted By: MizValorie

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/18/10 09:04 PM

Just got an update from Cora:

Upon further inspection, the vet thinks it may be a tumor in his gum, by the incisor root, so the vet decided to hold off on pulling his teeth and put Rocko on Baytril and an oral rinse for 3 wks then a recheck with xrays, etc.

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 05/21/10 01:34 AM

Thanks Valorie Rocko has a follow up appt after 3 weeks of baytril, if the small areas grow then they are tumors if not the infection should be gone, he would like to save the incisors if possible. So we still dont really know if its dental or 2 small tumors. Our next vet appt is June 7th in Sugarland at Marys vet.

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 06/02/10 02:19 AM

I now can feel the bumps, so I am thinking bad thoughts, His appt is monday. He will have an xray of his big body cause if he has tumors anywhere else I need to know. The hole under has chin has not changed one bit. I called Mary today cause I am scared. I need a hug. *sigh* Its my Rockarooooooooooooo
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 06/02/10 02:58 AM

So sorry you're having to deal with this...thinking of you and sending as many positive thoughts as I can in your direction!!!!
Posted By: ozzi

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 06/02/10 03:43 AM

hug2 hug2 hug2 angel Many Hug's and Prayers going out to you and Rocko Cora angel hug2 hug2 hug2

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 06/02/10 01:12 PM

cry So sorry Cora. Lots of prayers and good thoughts for you and little Rocko hug2

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 06/02/10 01:38 PM

Thank You!!!

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 06/06/10 03:42 PM

Well tomorrow is the day I take Rocko back to Dr. Fronefeld near Houston. There is no improvement He acts normal, Hates his Baytril! I will update when I get home and get my babies taken care of tomorrw night.
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 06/06/10 04:48 PM

Sending many prayers your way and waiting anxiously for the update!

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 06/07/10 05:13 AM

Sending lots of prayers for you and Rocko!

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 06/07/10 07:54 AM

Awww Cora...I was hoping all would be well with him by now, poor guy. Crossing fingers for a speedy recovery and hugs to you. Hang in there!

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 06/07/10 10:41 PM

Hey, its all good!!! I am so glad I went with Mary to Rockos follow up appt. I loved the way he handled the gliders with great bedside manner, always kind and gentle with the way he spoke to them. So the hole is closed on the inner lip and is just visible on the outside which is improvement. The bumps I felt are soft today, fat pads the boy gained 10 grams in 3 weeks...............like he needed that considering he is as almost as big as his daughter Sugar!!! I am to stop the baytril and continue the mouth cleaning with that solution. He says he is healing well and quite pleased, on the outside it did not look like improvement but I wasnt looking on the inside.........GO ROCKO!!!!
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 06/07/10 10:43 PM

This is EXCELLENT news...SOOOO glad to hear that!! Yayyy for Rocko! What a strong boy! Super great news!

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 06/07/10 10:50 PM

jump Great news! Now, Rocko, we're gonna let that little ole hole heal up and be GONE with it!

I'm just trying to figure out how in the world that doc got to see well enough inside there! Rocko must be a good boy grin

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 06/08/10 12:36 AM

he is my first bra baby. He is sweet like my big Sugar you met cause he is her daddy!! TY
Posted By: ozzi

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 06/08/10 01:26 AM

dance clap Yeah Rocko!!! That is great news Cora clap dance

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 06/08/10 06:10 AM

That is great news! Rock on Rocko!!!
Posted By: Kryssidog

Re: Hole under Rockos Chin - 06/08/10 06:49 AM

Yeah Rocko!! Keep it up.
© 2020 GliderCENTRAL