GliderCENTRAL

Brodie is crashing - PART TWO

Posted By: Gizmogirl

Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/17/11 07:02 AM

See PART ONE
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/17/11 07:05 AM

Praying like crazy for Brodie. He needs it now more than ever!

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/17/11 07:09 AM

Originally Posted By: glidrz5
Brodie went to the vets today and we know a little bit more. He still has some gas so is still on his medication for that. He is also now on a calcium suppliment. In addition we discovered that Brodie is blind. His eyes work but his brain does not process what he is seeing. This means that he is dependant upon his other senses and could explain why he doesn't want to eat on his own. Because if he can't see or smell his food he doesn't realize it is there unless you place it in his mouth. Chances are this is permenant, for chances of his brain rewiring itself to give him sight again are very remote.

Brodie has also had another blow to him. He is now alone at Mary's because he lost his buddy Ryan today. We are not sure what happened but a necropsy has been performed that will hopefully give us some answers as to why he crossed the bridge so suddenly and without warning. Please do not post here about Ryan, I will start a thread in Rainbow Memorials for him.

I am sorry to read all of this, Chris. frown

Brodie bear, you know we love you, and we continue to pray for you.
Posted By: culookn

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/17/11 11:31 AM

OM Goodness Brodie - you sure have everyone praying for you & Mama Mary. God bless you both. Brodie you keep getting stronger & stronger, like the big strong man you are. Darn, I've never met you but I just to hug you all up. Hang in there, sugar :-)
Posted By: glidrz5

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/18/11 01:23 PM

I just got off the phone with Mary and she told me that this morning she found Brodie up and sitting in his wheel. She's not sure if he was running/walking in it, but he was IN it! He also has a bunch more energy than he has had. In addition....more good news....When she got him out to feed him this morning, she tried placing his ensure in a little bowl and sat Brodie by it. He licked consistantly for 12 whole minutes! ON HIS OWN! No syringes, no putting it in his mouth....he sat by the dish and lapped and lapped and lapped!

I also have a friend (well Teresa) working to see if she can manage to sew a little life size glider (woobie as she called it) that can go in with Brodie as a cuddle buddy. Keep your fingers crossed that she can make one (or two) for him!

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/18/11 01:25 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I just thought of something......if Brodie reacted when Mary shined the light on him when he was sneeking food (dropping it & pretending he was sleeping) I wonder if he has some light/dark perception? I'll have to have her ask Dr Fronefeld what he thinks.

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/18/11 03:08 PM

Those are very good signs Chris. Glider hearing is also way more accute than ours, but, if Brodie can at least see shadows then that would be a good thing for him.
Posted By: angelic4296

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/19/11 03:50 AM

Oh man, praying hard for little Brodie, he's strong and I have a feeling he can overcome any obstacle placed in his way! Best wishes for Chris, Mary, and Brodie....I will post my condolences for Ryan in the other thread...

Good boy on eating Brodie, keep it up! smile

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/19/11 09:12 AM

We are continuing our prayers for Brodie. hug2
Posted By: Cora

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/20/11 07:46 PM

I saw Brodie on Sunday and Wednesday. Below (in DCMuffin's post) are two videos of him!

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/20/11 07:54 PM

If that doesnt work I am corasgliders on u tube and those are the only 2 vids I have there both titled Brodie but one is with mary and 1 is with me.
Posted By: DirtyPaws

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/20/11 08:02 PM

Oh he's so pretty heart And Chris did you hear all those sweet things Mary was saying about your boy? mlove
Posted By: Dancing

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/20/11 08:14 PM

Although his fur is very cracked, his belly is not anywhere near as stained as it was at Elena's when I saw him. (his belly was HORRIBLY stained then).

Over the years, all the time's I've talked to Chris, she has told me about how hyper of a guy he is. Very active, wanting to play. Wanting to explore everything. At the SGGAs when she would bring him, all anyone would ever see of him was his tail as he was diving for her shirt.

Seeing him with his ears down like that and so inactive, he seems very unsure of himself now...it breaks my heart.

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/20/11 09:08 PM

Keep praying for Brodie, thats the bottom line!
Posted By: JillMarie

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/20/11 09:20 PM

Saying more prayers for Brodie.

When I saw those videos, all I could think is that God doesnt want to see him sad either. I ask for wisdom to help this little fellow.
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/20/11 09:25 PM

Here you go, Cora...this should work. smile

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/20/11 09:40 PM

Cora, in that first video, just what were you trying to get Brodie to "do again"?

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/20/11 10:02 PM

grabbing up with his arms, very peculiar neurological thing he had going on Sunday. He was just a whole different glider wed,course he had just lost his bud, your Ryan Teresa. But he just had a different look to him.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/21/11 12:14 AM

Sending more prayers out to Brodie!
Posted By: mary h

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/22/11 09:03 PM

...Brody has serious health problems. He is blind...and his little brain is not functioning properly...and his little body is suffering very badly from lack of vitamins.

Dr.Fronefield has him on a protien...one that he could live on with no other food. He has him on the calcium and on vit.C. He's on other vitamins also but these are the top three. At this time we have to see if his little body just didn't have them or if his body was not accepting them.

right now he is generating body heat but not as much as he should...this could stem from his problems.

He is eating like a little pig...I'm feeding him 6 times during the day and two time during the night. He has a lot of energy when your there with him...if your not close he goes to the box pouch and sleeps. This could be because of the blindness. I carry him on me all day. We are trying to fix him up with a cage mate. I put a sweet little female in with him yesterday...he was not interested at all. Today I have a precious little male I am going to try.

Brody will always have health problems...he will always need special care. What gave him these problems we have no idea...we are concentrating on getting rid of them as much as possible. He might live a month...he may live a year...he may live five years. But what ever time he has we just want him to feel as good as possibly...be happy...and feel safe.

This little man needs som prayers...

Mary

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/22/11 09:13 PM

Sending more prayers and good thoughts out to little Brodie.

Your the best Mary!
Posted By: the gliders angel

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/23/11 07:11 AM

i do believe in prayers. i would lay hands on him and ask God to heal his body. i did this when my little destiny was sick last yr. and she is alive and well a yr later. she was deathly ill at the time.

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/23/11 09:05 AM

Our beloved Brodie, you know we love you, you know you are in our thoughts and prayers each and every day. We pray for strength for your mommy too, and auntie Mary who is taking care of you right now.

There are so many people who care about you and love you Brodie.

We love you Brodie. hug2

With love,

Your other family, daddy Casper, mommy Liezl, two boys who adore you, and of course 5 furry brothers and sisters. wink

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/25/11 09:06 AM

How is Brodie doing?

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/25/11 12:09 PM

Brodie is still hanging in there. Mary said that he is enjoying his protein and since he started on it he is eating more than he had been. Still waiting to hear if he is starting to gain some of his weight back or not.
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/25/11 01:09 PM

Sending prayers and best wishes to little Brodie! hang in there sweet one!
Posted By: Bozeman

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/25/11 01:28 PM

Still praying for Brodie.

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/25/11 02:35 PM

Still saying prayers for little Brodie. Hang in there little man!
Posted By: hwh4ev

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/25/11 04:58 PM

sending brodie healing prayers. i hope the vet can take care of most of his problems.

regards,
nancy in detroit
Posted By: hpyhwn2003

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/25/11 05:21 PM

Thank you Cora for the videos and Aimee for posting them. It was great seeing the Brodster and I'm sure Chris feels the same way. Thank you Mary for what you are doing for yet another glider in our community. YOU are an angel! Hugs for Chris I know you miss your boy. (((HUG))) Last but not least thank you Lord for the answers you are beginning to provide. Please Lord be with Mary, Chris, the vet, and Brodie and continue to help him heal and provide more answers.

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/25/11 06:42 PM

Talked to Mary.

Brodie is a bit stronger and instead of just sitting in the wheel, this morning he had the wheel moving. He isn't lethargic but still doesn't have full energy. He is eating better and Mary is trying to get some weight on him. The protein stuff she got from the vet seems to be doing great with him.

He still needs round the clock care and round the clock hand feeding but he is now eating some on his own at night.

The hopes are that as he gains strength and gets the nutrition into him that his body needs that he will regain his eye sight (his eyes are healthy, it is his brain that is telling him he is blind) and be able to go back to being an (almost) normal glider again. Time is the only thing that will tell us though.
Posted By: Faerie

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/25/11 07:40 PM

Still praying for Brodie. smile
Posted By: mary h

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/26/11 02:08 AM

...I got a call about Brodie's thread on here...and came to read it. Thank you Elena and all the rest of you for caring about this...
...all I can say is "I'm not letting go" I don't care what has to be done 24/7 it's a fight to the end and he's a fighter too. This is team work on this round.
He has severe allergies...but we have that under control with the atarax.
You've read all the things about him...and this morning at 5:30 when he climbed in the wheel and made it move I knew we were making it...and he ate better in the cage last night than he ever has.
Your prayers are working...please keep them going.

Mary

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/26/11 02:18 AM

Mary, you are truly a Godsend! Thank you for all you do!
Posted By: the gliders angel

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/26/11 04:17 AM

you bet mary. prayers do work. i believe that and have seen the miracles through prayer.

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/26/11 05:37 AM

Mary,you are wonderful! I have never met you, but you are wonderful. Thank you for taking such good care of Brodie. hug2

You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/26/11 09:49 AM

I was going to post earlier, but Teresa came in and stole my thunder. LOL I had spoken to Mary about how Brodie was doing right before going to bed and was going to post about how well he had eaten on his own and how he was making the wheel move.....
I do have other news tho. I talked with Mary later and she tried 2 gliders in with Brodie today. There was no snicking or fussing, but no one seemed particularly interested in establising a friendship either so Mary pulled them back out. There are a few others she is planning on trying so Brodie can have a friend while he is staying at his Auntie Mary's house.
Little Baby Bear is a scrapper and he won't give up. Mary is finding that out first hand and can attest to. I have every faith in her and Dr Fronefeld to get my baby well again so he can come back home to Momma.

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/27/11 05:14 PM

I talked with Mary and Brodie came out and ate again last night laugh She told me he is coming out every 4 hours to ask her to feed him. This is a BIG step for him....WANTING to eat and putting himself in a position where he knows he will get food. She also told me he is drinking water and was in his wheel again. She didn't see it moving last night, but that doesn't mean he wasn't making it go, just that he wasn't caught.
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/27/11 05:48 PM

clap I'm so glad he is eating!

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/27/11 06:01 PM

YAY!!!

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/28/11 06:47 AM

jump

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/29/11 06:49 AM

Yay Brodie, good boy!!! smile

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/29/11 08:26 PM

Keep it up Brodie!!!

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/30/11 12:12 AM

Brodie is continuing to come out and eat at night. Not lots, but he is eating something. He is also making his wheel move more and more. As of yet, Mary has not been able to find a friend for him to stay with while he is there, but she has not given up hope.

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 05/30/11 03:04 AM

That would be wonderful if Brodie had a cuddle buddy to give him some companionship....if anyone can find the right friend for Brodie, it's Mary, no doubt in my mind....

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 06/01/11 11:17 PM

I hope he continues to get better and finds a glider friend it seems he already has Mary as a good friend and healer.

Farewell Baby Bear - 06/06/11 05:44 PM

On Saturday morning Brodie suffered another seizure. Through some miracle, the additional electrical energy in his brain broke down the barrier in his mind and for a few brief hours gave him back his sight. He got to see all that had been denied him for so very long. In his cage, he wanted to climb and explore the upper reaches of the cage that had been denied to him and he wanted to look and see everything there was to see…...he could finally see the home where he had been living since coming to Texas, and the loving face of Mary who had cared for him so gently through his illness. He was happy as Mary took him from his cage and quietly chirped his thanks as she fed him the Ensure he had come to enjoy so much. Then as she held him ever so gently and talked and kissed him, another voice called out to him. It was a voice he had heard before beckoning him to come. The voice was stronger and clearer than it had ever been before. It promised that there would never be any more pain or darkness and that never again would he be separated from those who loved him. For those who had gone before, Bailey, Nicky, Carina, Bonnie and dear sweet Ryan, were waiting for him just beyond the Rainbow. Sadly Brodie heeded that voice and crossed the Rainbow Bridge to join his loved ones. Happy and healthy now, he plays in the forest beyond the Rainbow Bridge with his family awaiting the day when his colony will be complete and together they can all journey into the light beyond. Farewell my sweet Baby Bear, Momma will miss you so very much.

Brodie was taken in for a necropsy this morning. I'll post the results after I get them. Afterwards he will be making a final journey home.

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 06/06/11 05:55 PM

Glide free Brodie. You will be missed!
Chris hug2
Posted By: hwh4ev

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 06/06/11 06:01 PM

this is just heartbreaking. sending hugs your way.

wiping my eyes now, just to sad to read these stories of
our beloved babies.

take care,
nancy in detroit

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 06/06/11 06:57 PM

your eyes are not the only ones leaking............glide free sweet Brodie! Lit a candle for our love...............

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 06/06/11 07:04 PM

cry cry cry

My heart goes out to you, Chris. I am so sorry Brodie is no longer with us. I'm so glad that he was in Mary's hands when he heeded that special voice.

Glide free, sweet Brodie :rbridge: over the rainbow bridge. You will never be forgotten, you will always be missed and loved, by many.

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 06/06/11 07:38 PM

I will move this to Rainbow Memorials now. So sorry for your loss Chris. Little Brodie man was a very special glider.
Posted By: tbull

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 06/06/11 07:50 PM

hug2 cry hug2
Posted By: MelindaKay

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 06/06/11 07:57 PM

cry hug2
Posted By: ValkyrieMome

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 06/06/11 08:06 PM

I'm so glad he had that joyful last few hours. And I'm so saddened to read of his passing.

Hugs to you, dear Chris. You were Brodie's steward and devoted slave. His life was enriched by being in your care.

I'm sorry for this loss.

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 06/06/11 08:12 PM

Oh Chris, I am so sorry, how heartbreaking frown I had a moment of silence for Brodie and said a little prayer...

I hope memories of him can give both you and Mary comfort right now....
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 06/06/11 08:32 PM

Chris, I am so very sorry.
Posted By: lilangels

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 06/06/11 08:39 PM

cry cry cry Dang I hate it when I can't stop crying over things I read on here. I will say prayers for Brody and his human mommies too. This poor little boy put up such a fight to stay alive. Hugs to Mary for all the love and care she gave him and for holding him and sharing his last few minutes of life with him.
Posted By: Janie

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 06/06/11 08:43 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. Glide free Brodie. hug2
Posted By: LSardou

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 06/06/11 10:02 PM

Chris, I am so so sorry. hug2

Brodie, you touched many hearts through your time here, and will be deeply missed. May your new life with all of your old friends bring a greater joy of happiness to send back to those who loved and cared for you.

Glide Free, Precious Baby.
:rbridge:
Posted By: chattrbabe

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 06/06/11 10:09 PM

Glide free baby Brodie. :rbridge:
Posted By: Vicky

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 06/06/11 10:12 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that Brodie didn't make it cry
Glide free little one :rbridge:
Posted By: Sherri

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 06/06/11 10:16 PM

I am so sorry Chris! Brodie knew how much he was loved by you and by Mary and everyone else. His journey and love will always and forever be in your hearts.

Many hugs
Posted By: ozzi

Re: Farewell Baby Bear - 06/06/11 11:41 PM

cry cry cry I am so very sorry Chris. cry cry cry
I am beyond heart broken and crying my eyes out. Not the Brodie Man cry cry cry
Glide free Brodie. Look for the Boo-Boo man, Lucy, and Fivel too gangel gangel gangel
:rbridge:
Posted By: Markysmommy713

Re: Farewell Baby Bear - 06/07/11 12:06 AM

This story has touch everyone its amazing how he was able to see everything before he passed glide free little one
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: Farewell Baby Bear - 06/07/11 12:11 AM

Chris - I'm so very sorry to hear this...and my heart goes out to you. Mary..thank you for all you do and for making sure Brodie was comfortable and loved before crossing over.

Glide free, sweet Brodie...you'll be missed.

Re: Farewell Baby Bear - 06/07/11 12:22 AM

My heart aches for both Mary and Chris. Glide free Brodie man, we all loved you so.
Posted By: minkasmom

Re: Farewell Baby Bear - 06/07/11 12:41 AM

Fresh tears are streaming down my face....my heart is just aching. cry cry

Chris, I'm so sad to hear about Brodie....I'm at a total loss for words right now (which is indeed a rare thing). I know how much you're going to miss him. hug2

And his special nurse in Texas....I know HER heart is shattered right now also! Not very often does a glider come along who can make you feel (if only for a little while) that all the lost hours of sleep, all the worrying, all the fussing over wanting him to heal....that it's all worthwhile.

There are some special babies over the Rainbow Bridge, Brodie. A gossamer pouch where there's room for ALL is over there, holding all the loved little gliders who've gone before you...they'll welcome you into their colony without even a PSSST of protest. We will sorely miss you, but we reluctantly understand that you've gone where you needed to go.

We love you! gangel
Posted By: Dani4Hedgies

Re: Farewell Baby Bear - 06/07/11 02:27 AM

Chris,
I am so sorry to hear of Brodie passing the rainbow bridge. Lots of hugs to you am crying remembering all the wonderful memories Brodie Bear made.

Re: Farewell Baby Bear - 06/07/11 03:30 AM

I am so sorry for your loss, glide free little brodie!!

Re: Farewell Baby Bear - 06/07/11 03:57 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. I have read every update about your Baby Bear and felt a bond from a distance. I'm so happy he could see and enjoy his last hours and he now has many cuddles buddies. My heart goes out to you and Mary for her caring and opening her heart to this little one. I send virtual hugs to you both.

Glide free little Brodie

Re: Farewell Baby Bear - 06/07/11 06:15 AM

Chris,

I am so very sorry to hear that little Brodie crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I know that you would have loved to have been there for him to cross in your loving hands.

Brodie knew you loved him and that Mary would gently stand in for his beloved mommy as he quietly crossed the bridge to join his family waiting there for him

May you find comfort in your memories of him and answers from the necropsy.

Glide Free Little Brodie :rbridge:

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 06/07/11 08:31 AM

I only saw this post now, I am so very sorry Chris. hug2

Brodie has a VERY special place in our hearts, we will always treasure him. cry cry
Posted By: Bozeman

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 06/07/11 08:33 AM

What a shock! cry

Glide free little Brodie. You will ALWAYS be remembered. You touched so many lives and will live on in our hearts...
Posted By: Mommy2Dexter

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 06/07/11 05:03 PM

I am so sorry to hear about little Brodie. Prayers sent up to those who loved him. I cried when I read how he was able to enjoy his last few hours. What a miracle.
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Brodie is crashing - PART TWO - 06/24/11 02:06 AM

I'm so sorry about Brodie, Chris. hug2 You did absolutely everything you could have for him and he knows how much you loved him. hug2
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL