GliderCENTRAL

Broken Poopers

Posted By: Anonymous

Broken Poopers - 09/13/05 02:56 AM

On Saturday Porky had that nasty little poop incident. Tonight Petunia had a pretty bad one. She was making the same noise that Norbert made to cry before he found his little voice. Then she'd stick her tongue out all the way and make more noises. I thought for a second she was choking. But her tail was up and she was trying REALLY hard to make a poopie. She finally got it out, but I'd like to know if there's something I can give them to maybe prevent it. Should I be feeding citrus once a week to keep them regular? They've been eating alot of cherries of late. Could that be part of the problem?
Posted By: USMom

Re: Broken Poopers - 09/13/05 03:08 AM

I don't know anything about the cherries. But citrus, a small amount once a week may help. I say give them some tonight. Make sure they have plenty of water (I know, probably done!) and maybe offer some juice as well. That way they get a little more liquid.

Re: Broken Poopers - 09/13/05 03:52 AM

I put a dab of unsweetened apple juice in my water so they will drink more. I get worried they are will get dehydrated. Also, if constipation occurs, monitor them as well as give them a little citrus such as oranges and prunes also help with that. I have Gliderade here also to help with hydration purposes.

I've heard somewhere that eating too many persimmons and cherries causes constipation in people, but 'am unsure of the amount for gliders or if that is even the case with these guys. I guess a lot of anything can be bad.

Hope the babies feel better soon! :o)
Posted By: Ellen

Re: Broken Poopers - 09/13/05 04:34 AM

What we use is GLideraid. IT seems to work wonders. IF you don't have any use applejuice STRAIGHT. NOT deluted. I would do this for a couple of days until they are cleaned out. The Glideraid will cause loose stools as will the apple jucice but when that happens you can cut back on it and just make sure they are getting about a Tablespoon of fruit a day. Hope this helps.
Posted By: gliderdad79

Re: Broken Poopers - 09/13/05 04:43 AM

I agree with Ellen on the gliderade or apple Juice!! As she stated, keep an eye out!! You don't want to go from one extreme to another if they get to loose!!
Posted By: Ellen

Re: Broken Poopers - 09/13/05 04:57 AM

Thanks Eddie, and if they do get loose stools a little yogart will go a long way in helping that problem.

Re: Broken Poopers - 09/13/05 05:00 AM

Does yogurt cause constipation?
Posted By: the gliders angel

Re: Broken Poopers - 09/13/05 05:13 AM

too much will

Re: Broken Poopers - 09/13/05 05:46 AM

Any kind of protein (if you feed too much of course) will cause constipation.

Re: Broken Poopers - 09/21/05 01:38 AM

I just switched to BML and my male is having a constipation problem anyone know what I can do to help my little guy.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL