GliderCENTRAL

Sugar Glider very lethargic, Help Needed ASAP!

Posted By: Mercedes

Sugar Glider very lethargic, Help Needed ASAP! - 05/08/14 08:15 AM

My Sugar glider was laying at the bottom of her Cage tonight and She is very lethargic and not eating or drinking. She shows interest in Drinking but wont drink droplets or from her water bottle. If anyone has any Idea of what could be wrong with her or how to Rehydrate a Sugar Glider FAST, Please let me know ASAP. I cannot get to a Vet until the afternoon at least. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: yiyo

Re: Sugar Glider very lethargic, Help Needed ASAP! - 05/08/14 11:59 AM

Try giving her some gatorade and see if she'll take that. It's imperative that your little one gets hydrated and to a vet ASAP.

Unfortunately, once we see signs of illness in these little ones, they go downhill very quickly. I'd urge you to get to the vet as soon as you can.
Posted By: Srlb

Re: Sugar Glider very lethargic, Help Needed ASAP! - 05/08/14 12:41 PM

You can also try to get her to lick at very watery fruits such as watermelon or grapes.
Posted By: Sweet As Suggies

Re: Sugar Glider very lethargic, Help Needed ASAP! - 05/08/14 03:28 PM

Please let us know how your little one is doing :gluck:
Posted By: Mercedes

Re: Sugar Glider very lethargic, Help Needed ASAP! - 05/08/14 07:20 PM

Hey Guys,
Thank-You all from the bottom of my heart for giving me some tips, But she died last night before I could get her to the vet today. R.I.P Zilly.

Thanks again everyone, I will probably be posting on here again sometime soon about advice for my Now Alone Sugar Glider. I just feel so awful about this. Zobie is probably going to need another friend and I dont know if that is the best thing for me or him yet. So if you guys have any advice on that, And I will probably start a new thread on that where it isnt an Emergency anymore.

Mercedes.
Posted By: Srlb

Re: Sugar Glider very lethargic, Help Needed ASAP! - 05/08/14 07:49 PM

I am so sorry to hear your little one has passed. However, you may want to consider having a necropsy done to find out cause of death as well as take your other glider in for a wellness check and fecal float/smear to make sure it was not some form of infection that was undetected (as sugar gliders hide their illnesses until its too late often).

I am also going to move this over to Over the Rainbow now since your little one has passed.

Again, I am sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Sugar Glider very lethargic, Help Needed ASAP! - 05/09/14 01:51 PM

I am very sorry for your loss. May you find peace and comfort in your memories of Zilly.

Glide Free Little Zilly :rbridge:
Posted By: yiyo

Re: Sugar Glider very lethargic, Help Needed ASAP! - 05/09/14 02:17 PM

hug2 hug2
Posted By: Sherri

Re: Sugar Glider very lethargic, Help Needed ASAP! - 05/10/14 01:50 AM

I'm so sorry! Glide free baby girl!
Posted By: Sweet As Suggies

Re: Sugar Glider very lethargic, Help Needed ASAP! - 05/10/14 12:51 PM

frown
:rbridge:
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL