GliderCENTRAL

my baby chewed her tail off

Posted By: royb

my baby chewed her tail off - 09/14/15 02:00 PM

last week my baby sugar glider chewed he tail off at the base, i have been applying neosporin to it, but satuday she slowed down eating and has lost around 2 grams so far.....here is my question i am going to get her to the vet, but in order to do so i have to take out a loan, im wondering if anyone can give me a rough estimate on how much i should take out , and in the mean time what else can i do.
Posted By: Kris_N_Zoe

Re: my baby chewed her tail off - 09/14/15 02:20 PM

I would call the vet's office you plan to take her to and just ask how much an office visit, round of antibiotic, e-collar, and wound care will be. Explain what happened and ask about applying for CareCredit.

Re: my baby chewed her tail off - 09/14/15 02:24 PM

thank you for the advice
Posted By: Kris_N_Zoe

Re: my baby chewed her tail off - 09/14/15 02:31 PM

You're welcome! please keep us updated on your little girl. If you need mutilator advice you can contact Cora Holt or Val Betts, they're both quite versed in mutilators.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: my baby chewed her tail off - 09/14/15 03:16 PM

This little one needs to be seen sooner rather than later by a vet. Try applying for Care Credit also.

I'm not surprised she didn't stop eating before now or didn't do more damage than she did.

You can also beg the vet to work out a payment plan if you are not able to pay everything up front or it you don't work out the finances.
Posted By: gary

Re: my baby chewed her tail off - 09/15/15 09:20 PM

oh my goodness I really feel for you. Good luck!

Re: my baby chewed her tail off - 09/15/15 09:26 PM

well i took her in yesterday, the vets asked if i could leave here there over night so he could run tests, this morning they called me to notify me that she hass passed away, she did have an infection.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: my baby chewed her tail off - 09/15/15 09:46 PM

I am so sorry. Moving this to Rainbow Memorials.
Posted By: Feather

Re: my baby chewed her tail off - 09/16/15 02:11 AM

I am very sorry for your loss.

Re: my baby chewed her tail off - 09/16/15 12:03 PM

thank you all
Posted By: Kesha

Re: my baby chewed her tail off - 09/21/15 01:41 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your lost.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL