GliderCENTRAL

Jane has liver nodes

Posted By: orangecrush

Jane has liver nodes - 12/03/15 01:21 AM

Our little Jane, only 18 months old, is at Shands of UF Vet Hospital. They did a CT scan and found nodes on her liver and fluid around her stomach. Concerned it may be cancer, but unclear.

Anyone have similar problems with them this young? We fear we will lose her in the next couple of days. She has lost weight and became very lethargic and has diarrhea. If she goes, my wife is going to be depressed, and Tarzan will be lonely without his companion.

Thanks for any encouragement, or advice.
Posted By: dinah505

Re: Jane has liver nodes - 12/03/15 04:55 AM

I have no experience with this but I will pray for your little one
Posted By: the gliders angel

Re: Jane has liver nodes - 12/03/15 07:07 AM

it might be related to a bacterial infection from what ive heard maybe you can ask the vet to try antibiotics and see if she improves
Posted By: orangecrush

Re: Jane has liver nodes - 12/04/15 02:00 PM

Sadly, our little Jane passed in the night at Shand's Vet Hospital.
My bride is very saddened by this. Jane wanted to just curl up in her hand and sleep; I think she wishes now that she had just kept her home until she passed. But, I'm glad that we did all we could to save her little life.

Dinah505, thanks for the prayers. We have a strong faith, and know our Lord. He knows of all his creation, and has all authority over it. If he chose to end her now, than it was better than a long suffering disease.

Now, we are worried about Tarzan as he is alone. We spend all the time we can with him...but we sleep when he's playing...for the most part. We get a couple hours at night, and an hour in the morning. This morning I found him doing flips in the cage before I took him out. I know he's stressed. Now, we have to decided wither to get a new mate or not.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Jane has liver nodes - 12/04/15 03:55 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss, however, you did all you could do for this little one. It is natural for us to want to be with the ones we love as they pass from this life. I'm sure she knew how much she was loved.
Posted By: gary

Re: Jane has liver nodes - 12/05/15 12:03 AM

So sorry for your loss..
Posted By: Feather

Re: Jane has liver nodes - 12/05/15 12:40 AM

I am very sorry for your loss. May you find peace and comfort in your memories of her.

Glide Free Little Jane :rbridge:
Posted By: dinah505

Re: Jane has liver nodes - 12/05/15 01:31 AM

So sorry for your loss.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL