GliderCENTRAL

The really hard part of rescuing gliders!

Posted By: Feather

The really hard part of rescuing gliders! - 08/05/17 09:49 PM

It is a sad day here at the Wisconsin Sugar Glider Sanctuary and Rescue, three of our oldest passed away.

One last night, one on the way to the vet to be helped over the bridge and one was helped over the bridge at the vet.

I have no definitive age on these gliders, I was told they were 7 or 8 when they were relinquished and they were with me for over 4 years.

Glide Free Gadget, Pappy and Flower. :rbridge:
Posted By: KarenE

Re: The really hard part of rescuing gliders! - 08/05/17 10:50 PM

So very sorry, Kim. At least the last of their lives was spent with you. What better place could they possibly have been heart
Posted By: josefine

Re: The really hard part of rescuing gliders! - 08/06/17 12:00 AM

All the babies you have are in one of the best homes they could be in. death will always be hard on us when we have such wonderful little gifts from God.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: The really hard part of rescuing gliders! - 08/06/17 11:08 PM

So sorry Kim.

I agree with Josefine, they were with you and had the best care any one can give.

Glide free little ones...
Posted By: Terry

Re: The really hard part of rescuing gliders! - 08/07/17 02:26 AM

Sorry for your loss, it's never easy. Find peace in knowing they lived their last years real good in your care.
Posted By: the gliders angel

Re: The really hard part of rescuing gliders! - 08/07/17 08:30 AM

I lost an 11 yr old this week to heart disease I had her 11 yrs and no its not easy
Posted By: mechnut450

Re: The really hard part of rescuing gliders! - 08/07/17 01:32 PM

SO sadden when I heard of this Kim, I know you love your Gliders as much if not more than I ado mine. We all know you put your life on hold to get them the care they need when it needed. I know they felt loved and cared for when they were in your care and you in theirs. Be happy with the though of how many furry butts you helped make life better for when they came to you in need.
Posted By: sugarfluff

Re: The really hard part of rescuing gliders! - 08/07/17 01:47 PM

Kim, I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. Its so hard losing one beloved furry friend, but 3 is heartbreaking. I see you as a trusted source in anything glider and trust the love and care that you give yours is immense. I know those little ones were cared for as best possible and and lived plenty of good ole happy days due to you.

Hoping your other furry sweets can raise your heart with their cuddles, nuzzles and squeaky chirps. Thank you for helping so many of us do good by our own gliders with the knowledge you share so freely and for taking in, saving and loving so many needy sugar gliders that have come your way.

hug2 hug2 and some more hug2 to you!
Posted By: Nejwig

Re: The really hard part of rescuing gliders! - 08/08/17 04:23 AM

I am so very sorry for your loss. Sending love and hugs your way.
Posted By: josefine

Re: The really hard part of rescuing gliders! - 08/09/17 08:45 PM

I commend you for what you do. I know it takes so much time, effort, and money to care for these little ones.
Lord knows we have too many out there. I wish more people would get the rescues as pets to love on, than the ones for color.
There is another rescue, sanctuary in St. Louis that I also have alot of respect for.
I do compliment all those who take care of rescues.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL