GliderCENTRAL

Rory has periodontal disease - any experience with this?

Posted By: sandbat

Rory has periodontal disease - any experience with this? - 10/30/18 06:17 PM

He's gone.

He was dealing with pneumonia on top of everything else. We were giving him Baytril, but during the weekend he aspirated his food again. The vet tried nebulization but it wasn't enough.
Last night I woke up and he was lying on the floor of his cage and struggling to breathe. I took him to the emergency vet and they said I should think about making the humane decision.

He has gone to join his sisters across the rainbow bridge. I am spending extra time with Booster today and we are in mourning.

Thank you, everyone who responded.
Posted By: sandbat

Re: Rory has periodontal disease - any experience with this? - 10/30/18 10:03 PM

The vet performed a necropsy and says that his pneumonia was actually on the mend, but he had issues with his heart and kidneys that did not show in the x rays.

Posted By: KarenE

Re: Rory has periodontal disease - any experience with this? - 10/30/18 10:11 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss. You did everything possible for your Sweet Rory hug2
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Rory has periodontal disease - any experience with this? - 10/30/18 10:14 PM

You can read Rory's story Here
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Rory has periodontal disease - any experience with this? - 10/30/18 10:41 PM

I'm so sorry... :hbreak:

Glide free Rory!! :rbridge:
Posted By: Feather

Re: Rory has periodontal disease - any experience with this? - 10/30/18 10:42 PM

I am very sorry for your loss. May you find comfort and peace in your memories of him.

Glide Free Little Rory :rbridge:
Posted By: Claralice

Re: Rory has periodontal disease - any experience with this? - 10/30/18 11:19 PM

I read this and I am so sad for your loss. Poor little sibbling and the rest of his loving family! frown
Posted By: Hutch

Re: Rory has periodontal disease - any experience with this? - 10/31/18 01:09 AM

So sorry to hear about your loss. frown
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL