GliderCENTRAL

Careful with cage bottoms

Posted By: Anonymous

Careful with cage bottoms - 04/18/01 09:46 PM

I just got back from a trip to the vet with my newest boy (pet store rescue) Boo and I ran into another glider owner. We talked...he's a real nice guy...but that's not the story. He had his glider up there because she broke her arm. He said that she twisted/wraped her arm through the bottom of her cage. As in down one hole, up through another, and down and up again and got caught. Well she paniced and it broke her arm. He said he read the board, but I'm not sure if he would post so I decided that I would warn others about this. I don't feel it's a need to panic; but just a reminder.

Re: Careful with cage bottoms - 04/19/01 02:13 PM

I know I'm not the smartest person around, but I'm not sure how that happened. Mine are still young, but I can't imagine their limbs get long enough to go in and out of two 1/4" holes...unless it's different kind of cage the owners were using?

Re: Careful with cage bottoms - 04/19/01 11:49 PM

I'm not sure how she would have gotten her hand down and up and down and up that many holes!!! She must be made of rubber!LOL<P>------------------<BR>Sherrie (Mommy)<BR>Mia (My glider babe)

Re: Careful with cage bottoms - 04/20/01 07:20 PM

You would be amazed as to what a child or animal can do when you don't think it at all possible. How does a two year old get it's head stuck in the rails of a baby crib? It didn't take much to get him out but we still couldn't figure out why he couldn't get himself out.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL