GliderCENTRAL

Lost little Forest

Posted By: gliderma

Lost little Forest - 02/24/09 07:16 PM

I am so upset, it's hard to write this. We just moved to a new place that had been freshly painted. I thought I was doing the right thing by leaving the gliders one more night in the old house. Everyone was fine when I fed them around 8 pm. I went back this morning at 7 am and found Forest on the floor of the cage. He was all intact, just cold and had passed. His twin sister, Sky was in the pouch with Mom & Dad and all the other gliders were fine, including Selena who came oop over Valentines as well. I know Mother Nature knows best, but I feel so bad! Like if I had been there I could've saved him or something! He was only 9 days oop and I failed him! I am devastated. I wish I would have brought them here. At least I would have heard him crying, if he did cry. The vet wouldn't do a necropsy because he was so small and they wouldn't know what to look for. They said it was obviously natures way and to just let it go! Deep down I kow this too, but it is still so hard to deal with. i didn't want to believe what I was seeing this morning. Sorry for such a long vent, but I know some of you here have dealt with this and will understand.
My little grandson told me Jesus needed a suggie! cry

Lost a twin - 02/25/09 03:50 PM

I thought I was doing the right thing! We just moved to a new place that had been freshly painted. I left the gliders at the old house for just one more night, because of all the joeys. I was there with them until almost 11 pm and went back at 7 am only to find the little male twin on the bottom of the cage, cold & gone! I am devastated! It's so hard to write about. If I had been there, maybe I could have saved him. I know all about Mother Nature knows best and he was probably defective in some way, is why the parents didn't help him, but if I'd been there, he at least wouldn't have died alone. I could've held him! I will never leave them again, no matter what. That's what i get for thinking I was doing right by them! cry
Posted By: tammyangel

Re: Lost a twin - 02/25/09 03:57 PM

Sorry to hear this Lynn thats just awful.
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: Lost a twin - 02/25/09 04:13 PM

cry hug2 cry hug2 cry hug2
It could have happened even if you had been there. I know how bad it hurts. I'm so sorry.
Posted By: LSardou

Re: Lost a twin - 02/25/09 04:21 PM

hug2 I'm sorry Lynn, you know that your intentions were for the best and sometimes we are left with that feeling of what if....but know in your heart that this little one had an opportunity to feel love for however brief it may have been.
Godspeed sweet little baby. gangel
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Lost a twin - 02/25/09 06:40 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.
Posted By: tbull

Re: Lost a twin - 02/25/09 07:16 PM

hug2 hug2 hug2 I'm sorry for your loss.

Re: Lost a twin - 02/25/09 08:24 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. frown
Posted By: ozzi

Re: Lost a twin - 02/25/09 10:42 PM

I am so sorry for your loss Lynn upset
I hear you on never leaving them again. The last time I ever went away I lost my little buddy, Fivel. Had I been there it never would have happened. It was by no means intentional but none the less it will never happen again.
My deepest sympathies.....Pat
Posted By: hwh4ev

Re: Lost a twin - 02/26/09 02:49 AM

so sorry to hear abt. your little baby.

regards,
nancy
Posted By: Feather

Re: Lost a twin - 02/26/09 03:17 AM

I am sorry for your loss.
Posted By: sugarglidersuz

Re: Lost little Forest - 02/26/09 11:08 AM

Lynn, I am so very sorry for your loss of little Forest cry Your grandson is right - Forest is now in heaven heart Don't beat yourself up over leaving the gliders at the old house. If the paint fumes were still that strong at the new house, there's a good chance you would have lost more than just Forest had you brought them with you. hug2 hug2 hug2

Re: Lost little Forest - 02/26/09 12:03 PM

Your grandson sounds like he is a very smart intelligent little boy - God always has room for another one of his precious animals -

I am so very sorry for your loss - this was not your fault sometimes it just happens

Sue
owned by &
mom to
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Lost little Forest - 02/26/09 11:08 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. hug2

Re: Lost little Forest - 02/27/09 12:05 AM

Heaven needed an angel and Forest was so special that God couldn't pass him by. Know that he's in a safe place and me and my glider family will pray for your healing!

Re: Lost little Forest - 02/27/09 01:26 AM

You were doing the best thing as a glider Mommy... thsoe fumes could very well have caused the same thing to happen to all your babies. Please don't take this on as your fault! Because you already know deep in your heart that it is not! Give your other babies extra love and know that ther is nothing you could have done.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Lost little Forest - 02/27/09 01:33 AM

Lynn, I am so very sorry. I think your grandson was right gangel
Posted By: sweetheart26

Re: Lost little Forest - 02/27/09 01:51 AM

Lynn, im so sorry frown hugs

Re: Lost little Forest - 02/27/09 02:27 PM

Thank you all for caring. I just put Sky, Forest's twin sister back with mom & dad after spending a few minutes with her to make sure she is ok.
She has her eyes open and was trying to nip all over my hand to nurse and crabbin up a storm! Typical new joey behavior!
My other little girls Selena, oop over Valentine's Day too, and Luna who is now about 6 wks. oop are doing well too. Thank Goodness!
It has been very humbling. You think you have it all together and BAM, you're brought to your knees!
Reminds me of a fridge magnet I used to have.....beware of those reaching for the corner of the rug, they're gonna pull it out from under ya!
Time will heal and Forest was sent for a reason. Thanx again for being here!

Re: Lost little Forest - 02/27/09 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: ozzi

I hear you on never leaving them again. The last time I ever went away I lost my little buddy, Fivel. Had I been there it never would have happened. It was by no means intentional but none the less it will never happen again.

I agree. Last time I went on a vacation, I lost Ollie. He was devastated that I had left. I'm so sorry for your loss. hug2

Re: Lost little Forest - 03/01/09 04:04 AM

I'm sorry about your loss as well. It must be something in the michigan weather this past week.....At least you didnt loose them all. Be glad that the others survived. My deepest sincerity to you
Posted By: SugarBlossoms

Re: Lost little Forest - 03/04/09 05:40 AM

Please don't blame yourself, your vet is right. Most likely you wouldn't have heard anything at all. Listen to your grandson, little children KNOW things. hug2

Re: Lost little Forest - 03/04/09 09:15 AM

Sorry for your lost frown and rest in peace little forest.

Re: Lost little Forest - 03/08/09 04:49 AM

Oh Lynn, I'm so sorry. hug2 If you need to talk, let me know... I'm always here.

Re: Lost little Forest - 03/08/09 06:08 AM

I am SO sorry about your loss! Give those other babies some extra love.
Even though Forest was so young he still knew how much he was loved by you.
You did the right thing by leaving them at your old house one more night. Things could have been much worse. You may have saved your other babies by doing that! You are a good suggie mama! They are lucky to have you!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL