GliderCENTRAL

Horrible death...

Posted By: Anonymous

Horrible death... - 09/26/00 03:33 PM

horrible death <BR>by: Cordelia<P>maybe i shouldn't even post this, because it's sort of a unique situation (i hope) and very sad, but just in case, and especially for any college-aged glider owners: <BR>i just heard about an aquaintance of my brother's (i won't say friend) whose poor little glider died by drowning in pj. he was attracted to the fruit. <BR>for any of the uninitiated, pj is horrible stuff...fruit floating everclear (pure alcohol) and consumed out of bathtubs, coolers, sinks, etc. at pukefest parties. <BR>i know the people on this site would never let that happen, but for the college-aged who have idiot roomates, it's a small possibility. <P>
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Horrible death... - 10/02/00 01:28 AM

I would like to add to the comment about college kids and sugar gliders. I heard a little after I got my first glider Gobe that another student in my department had a loss of his sugarglider. He had had a party at his apartment and did not clean up immediatly after the party. His glider ended up drinking beer left out and loosing his life. <BR>For any of you who do have parties this is what I suggest and I what I tend to do. My bedroom first off has a lamp with 3 settings of light. I keep it on its lowest level. My gliders unfortunatly have to stay in their cages during the party because 1 I do not want someone acidently letting them out of my room, and 2 my bedroom has a 2nd bathroom, therefore it needs to be used. I usually let everyone know at the party when they arrive that there are animals in my room, do not turn on anymore lights, and do not let them out of their cage. Plus I always moniter the room often through out the night. <P>So, I hope this helps anyone out their having parties, and to be careful not just on yourself, but on who is at your party.<P>Jessica,<BR>Gobe,<BR>Jete
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL