GliderCENTRAL

Hazards of Toilets!

Posted By: Anonymous

Hazards of Toilets! - 12/04/00 05:06 AM

I just want to reiterate how important it is to close the lid on the toilets. I know this has been talked about a lot and I have heard it myself a hundred times. But, even so, a couple of weeks ago, I made the mistake of leaving the lid up on the toilet and my gliders nearly drowned. The door to the bathroom was closed and I figured that was enough, but they managed to get under it anyway. I went in to check on them and found them wet and freezing running around the room. I couldn't figure out what had happened until I went into the bathroom and saw clumps of gray hair in the toilet. They had BOTH gotten in the toilet and I still to this day have no idea how they got out. Thank god for sugarglider angels. Even though you think you have taken all the precautions to ensure your animal's safety, just remember that they are small and curious by nature, which isn't a safe combination sometimes.

Re: Hazards of Toilets! - 12/04/00 08:58 AM

Your two little ones are very lucky. Most drown. May want to stuff towels or something under the door so they cannot go swimming again.

Re: Hazards of Toilets! - 12/04/00 08:51 PM

I'm glad your gliders are okay! Thanks for telling us what happened, because I don't think anyone can be reminded too much of the hazards of owning gliders. The more cautious we are, the safer our little friends will be.<P>------------------<BR>We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. ~Immanuel Kant
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL