GliderCENTRAL

Please pray for Holly

Posted By: Cora

Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 01:11 AM

Holly has been on a slow steady decline for over a month............and I mean very slow. Took her to the vet early November and her urinalysis and fecal float and smear was negative. she acted fine that day!! Silly glider. well got her home and she would climb some but get tired quickly and rest then climb a little more down that is resting all along the way. she would do this weird thing sitting on the bottom of the cage and hold the cage bars............like someone in jail. in the past 4 days she crawls around on her belly, acts like she does not have much balance or just really weak. she eats well but acts like she loses her balance............feeding stations are on the bottom of the cage and she is always eating.. She has 2 joeys.........I am sure you have heard of Kandy and Kane. They go to their new momma this weekend. for the past 3 or 4 weeks I have been supplementing her and her joeys with Ensure................not the one with extra calcium though until yesterday.
we finally got back into the vet yesterday.............................he was behind from the Holiday. He did an xray which was negative.............liver normal size, no problems. He drew blood and sent it off. he did a fecal.......negative except for the bee pollan smile
He gave her a shot of Calcium Gluconate based on her symptoms.

Labs came in late this afternoon:
alkaline phosphatase (liver enzymes) was 2100.................average is 230.
her calcium level was low @ 4.2...............he says it should be closer to 7 or 8. He has some calcium for me to pick up at his office tomorrow and give her twice a day. The thing is if the liver enzymes dont start going down her organs will begin shutting down...............the calcium going down is a probable symptom of the enzymes???.

I dont know if this will have any effect on her joeys or not the vet did not think so........................But I will be asking again.

Thanks Peggy for calling me..................If you did not get her labs via fax please let me....................I appreciate any input Dr. Tristan has. I also have Mary and Dr. Fronefeld involved maybe if the top vets get their heads together they can save my Holly.

Charlie H was asking if there is too much phosphorus in her diet????

My vet wants me to bring him the specifics on the HPW diet.......................Peggy do you have that saved on your comp somewhere??? I cant find much info on the High protien wombaroo box...................................Appreciate you so much.

I also appreciate everyone else who either answered the phone or called me back....................................I am sure I cried but thats me when it comes to my furkids!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 01:35 AM

hug2 hug2 Prayers for Holly over here. hug2 hug2

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 01:36 AM

She'll be in my thoughts!!! smile

hug2 hug2
Posted By: LSardou

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 01:39 AM

I wish I could be of more help, but it looks like you have the very best at hand, so I'm just letting you know that I will keep your sweet Holly in my thoughts and prayers. hug2

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 01:52 AM

hug2 hug2 hug2 hug2 hug2 hug2 hug2

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 02:00 AM

I love the support here among the glider community.

many of you met Holly at the SGGA.
Posted By: ozzi

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 02:24 AM

Hi Cora,
I am so sorry to hear about Holly and her decline in health upset
How old is she?
Sending lots of love and prayers out for her...

Pat, Boo-Boo, and BJ

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 02:33 AM

Holly will be 1 year OOP 12/7/08

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 03:02 AM

im keeping my fingers crossed for you and holly cora!!!! i hope she gets better really soon!!!!!!!!! keep us all updated!!!!!!
Posted By: MagicEyez

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 03:31 AM

Cora, this makes me so very sad for both you and Holly!!! Please, if you need ANYTHING dont hesitate to call ... I know there isnt too much I can help with ... but I will try my hardest!!!

I will be praying for you guys!!!! hug2 hug2
Posted By: josefine

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 03:46 AM

when gizmo died, my vet thought that i had overdone on the phosphorus level, because he couldn't find a thing wrong w/his organs. but, i know that couldn't have been it, because i had pages of stuff from what to feed & not feed by the cal-phos. ratios.
he wasn't getting the protien he needed, though. that's why i will always blame myself for him dying. i was in charge of feeding my babies, & food was the only thing the vet could think of.
we don't think he had giardia, though. i think sissie came down w/it because she must have been sooooo upset @ loosing her bro, & then having a new guy 'on the block'. before she died, though, they did bond .
when sissie died, i called linda, & she told me to put sissie in the hospital cage, & let cosmos see her, so he can understand. sissie didn't get that w/gizmo.
& since our babies all have giardia (in the dormant state),
it came to life when she stessed out w/gizmo being gone, & cosmos taking his place. we didn't know of the 'quarentine'
rules for them. sure wish we would have, i mwould still have her now, i feel.
i do cry w/you.
i cry w/everybody, we all do, i know, because we have all had some sort of saddness w/these precious angels.
talk @ ya L8R
josefine
Posted By: BCChins

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 05:12 AM

Cora I will keep Holly and you in my thoughts. May they find out what is going on and get her feeling better soon.
Posted By: tngliderlover

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 05:21 AM

Cora, I'll be thinking about Holly and I wish her a speedy recovery. hug2
Posted By: MizValorie

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 01:21 PM

Cora sent you a text. I'll be praying for all of yall. Call me if you need ANYTHING.

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 02:15 PM

Thanks everyone!! keep those prayers/well wishes coming! I am so glad I have all of you cause I could not go through this alone with my Holly who was born here almost 1 year ago. (4 days til her and Nicks birthday!)
Posted By: Xfilefan

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 03:00 PM

Liver enzymes can elevate either due to the liver itself, or the gall bladder. I would recommend looking in there with an ultrasound. Chronos' xrays also came back 'normal' yet his liver was dying and surrounded with fluid, and his gall bladder was blocked and the size of a 10 pound cat's-none of which showed up on Xray. A liver biopsy is also an option to see whether you are dealing with fatty liver, or something else.

As to the low calcium-is she EATING the mix? If not you may need to find another way or use long term - or find out why she isn't absorbing the calcium she's eating. A shotgun course of a broad spectrum antibiotic (10-14 days) like Baytril or Clindamycin, AFTER determining what's going on with the liver so further issues aren't caused, would be a good idea, in case there is something the tests aren't showing. A deep body infection may not show up on a blood panel. Did the vet run a CBC, and how was the white cell count?
Posted By: MatchMakerMagic

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 03:20 PM

Sending you good thoughts and prayers Cora for your Holly.
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 03:37 PM

hug2 heart hug2 heart hug2 heart hug2 heart

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 03:42 PM

Teh White blood cell count was right on time. The only 2 abnormal levels are the ones I have stated..................everything else was normal. UPDATE as of 948am CST:
Dr. Fronefeld & Dr. Reese feel that once I get the calcium up with the Calcium supplement he gives me twice a day that everything else should work itself out. Have not heard Dr. Tristins opinion yet.

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 04:14 PM

Just checking in this morning, and keeping Holly in my prayers. I hope that they will get to the root of the problem soon for her Cora. hug2

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 04:49 PM

Awwww... Poor Holly! heart I know she means alot to you Cora and Amanda. All your babies do!
I will keep her in my prayers. If you need anything let me know.

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 07:51 PM

awwwwwwwww thanks Jennifer!
I Picked up and initial dosed the liq calcium to Holly. She is the same.....................no worse no better. but no worse is good!
Dr. Fronefeld (maryhs vet) also feels the calcium will fix her. Thats 2 vets that agree so far!

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 08:00 PM

Linda your an Angel thanks for praying and following this thread!
Posted By: sandbat

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 09:26 PM

I'm so sorry. frown My prayers are with you and your little one.

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 09:36 PM

Thats great that two vets agree!^ ^ No worst is defiantley best!
^ ^ Thanks for keeping us posted!

I wonder if her being tiny has anything to do with whats wrong with her? Because isn't her mom and dad bigger?
Posted By: Trigger

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/04/08 10:13 PM

So sorry your baby is ill Cora. I will keep her in my prayers. Sending lots of hugs to you.

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/06/08 03:56 AM

Cora, Just checking in to see if there is any new updates on Holly. How is she doing today? Been thinking of her and do hope that 'no news is good news' hug2

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/06/08 04:07 AM

Well she is maybe a wee bit stronger..................Her babies went to their new mom today so as of now she is no longer nursing. Dr. Reese wants to redraw her blood in 2 weeks. at least she is not any worse. I hope she does not stress with the loss of her joeys but good grief they are 10 weeks OOP..........LOL They were at least a week premature.

Hopefully this whole thing will pass ....................
Posted By: SugarBlossoms

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/06/08 05:52 AM

Sending more prayers for Holly. HUGS

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/06/08 03:39 PM

Thank you for the update Cora. I hope that with her baby's gone she will be able to settle down and get some rest. I'd make sure to give her some extra attention for the next few days to fill that void for her so that she doesn't focus to much on their being gone.
Sending lots of hugs and prayers.

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/06/08 05:13 PM

mloveCome on Holly mlove

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/09/08 02:15 AM

Oh jeepers now she has two small scraped ares on her back...................................Took some pics this morning.gotta go find that camera.................they are superficial, Cant find any fur anywhere in the cage.
Posted By: BindiAndScrubbie

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/09/08 02:33 AM

Awe, I don't know you but I can imagine what a tough time this is...my prayers are with you too.

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/09/08 01:05 PM

Hi Cora,
How is Holly doing? Better I hope!

wavePat
waveBoo-Boo
waveBJ

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/09/08 02:30 PM

The areas on her back are healing with my home remedies. I have been checking on her every 1-2 hours.......................Making sure Nick does not start overgrooming those small healing superficial wounds! My daughter says I must think I am a CSI the way I went over their cage with a fine toothed comb trying to figure out how those little abrasions happened in the first place! Its kinda low down on the left side of her lower back. I know they have not been mating. She is still not getting around very well.

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/09/08 03:16 PM

Awwwww... Poor baby. Shes on the way to recovery for one thing and then another thing happens to her. I hope she will be ok. Shes such a cute little thing.
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/09/08 03:34 PM

If you take a cotton ball and rub over every inch of the cage, it will catch on any rough areas. Good luck and give Holly a mealie from me!

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/14/08 09:55 PM

Hollys superficial wounds are healed as of Friday with Vit E and TOA.here are pics of the healing;When I first saw the wounds on 12/8/08:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/IMG_2366.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/IMG_2365.jpg

on 12/10/08

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/IMG_2381.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/IMG_2379.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/IMG_2380.jpg

on 12/12/08 wound resolved fur growing back:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/IMG_2415.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/IMG_2419.jpg

Hollys sweet wittle face:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/IMG_2382.jpg

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/14/08 10:33 PM

OH she looks so GOOD Cora!!! Great job!!!

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/14/08 10:35 PM

Glad she's healed up so well!

Re: Please pray for Holly - 12/14/08 10:41 PM

clap She looks REMARKABLE Cora! I am so happy to see how well she is doing! Tons of hugs and kisses to her! hug2

Re: Please pray for Holly - 02/17/09 02:59 AM

Holly went to her vet appt today and The vet was able to get a good enough sample for a cbc/blood chemestry/electrolytes test. Should get the results back in a few days so at least we can see were her calcium levels are cause she has been getting calcium supplements since early December.

Re: Please pray for Holly - 02/17/09 03:03 AM

I'm so happy to hear that they were able to get the blood draws today. I will be keeping Holly in my prayers always.

Re: Please pray for Holly - 02/17/09 04:03 AM

I am glad to hear heart Holly heart is doing so well Cora agree

Pat
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Please pray for Holly - 02/17/09 09:21 PM

I hope you hear good news from the results, keeping her in my thoughts and prayers. hug2

Re: Please pray for Holly - 02/18/09 10:23 PM

yay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Her calcium levels are back up to 7 and phosphorus levels are back to normal as well. I am so happy. We will be testing her every 6 months. If the levels go back down with her next set of joeys I will fix Nick. She will continue receiving the oral calcium supplement!

Re: Please pray for Holly - 02/18/09 11:07 PM

All kinds of prayers hug2 and kisses for Holly

Sue
owned by &
mom to
Posted By: vagraphix

Re: Please pray for Holly - 02/19/09 02:09 AM

I bet that is such a relief

Re: Please pray for Holly - 02/19/09 02:14 AM

clap So happy to hear she is doing better! mlove

Re: Please pray for Holly - 04/29/09 06:19 AM

Holly has been going downhill since friday when she presented with bloating and diarrhea..............she normally weighs 56 grams and suddenly weighed 63 grams. an xray was done and compared to the one done in December it showed bloating and no other changes. Fecal float and smear were clear except for the bee pollan...........I use 1 tablespoon and blend for 4 minutes. So he put her on Flagyl for 7 days and panacur for 3 days even though there were no parasites???? Sat the diarrhea clears up and the bloating was better.............down to 59 grams. she is still eating and drinking. Sat night she starts wetting herself and drinking large amounts of water. so I get her through til monday morning and was at the vets office at around 8 when they opened. He was thinking Kidney failure and kept her there for testing. The urinalysis revealed UTI. The sedimentation revealed poss. kidney failure but blood was drawn and sent off to the lab to be conclusive or rule it out. She was sent home with baytril twice a day for 10 days and torb as needed for pain. she sleeps (preferably in my hand) a lot, drinks a lot and eats her HPW and some yogurt.............a little fruit smoothie........will take a bite or 2 of mealies or crickets but thats about it. Today the vet calls the lab said he did not send enough blood, now mind you this vet has drawn and sent blood to the lab before on Holly with no problem. He told me he would draw it again and send it off at no cost. Holly remains incontinent and drinking lots , gets cold quickly, and her appetite is decreasing...54 grams tonight.....................so I stopped by the vets office this afternoon he looked at her and decided not to draw blood today cause he just put her under anesthesia yesterday and drew from her neck. he wants to give it a few days. He gave me his cell phone number and told me to bring her back on thursday unless she gets worse. has anyone had any experience with any of this???? I am posting this on every board I am registered on for prayers and experience from anyone who can give it to me. I am an emotional rollercoaster............to be expected I suppose.

Re: Please pray for Holly - 04/29/09 11:48 AM

Cora know we are thinking of you and Holly and we will continue to do so. hug2

Re: Please pray for Holly - 04/29/09 12:12 PM

I'm sorry Cora, You have my love and support. I will keep Holly in my thoughts and prayers.
hug2
Posted By: MissSarah

Re: Please pray for Holly - 04/29/09 12:36 PM

Oh, im so sorry to hear about your little baby! I do hope things start to look up. Sending lots of hugs and prayers <3

Re: Please pray for Holly - 04/29/09 01:00 PM

Oh Cora, I am so sorry to hear Holly is ill again. Will be keeping you and little Holly in my thoughts.

Re: Please pray for Holly - 04/29/09 01:18 PM

upset Cora I am so sorry to hear this about Holly upset
Come on Holly, we are all Praying for you angel

Pat, Boo-Boo, and BJ

Re: Please pray for Holly - 04/29/09 02:05 PM

I responded to this on SESG, and many hugs and prayers to you and Holly, Cora.

Just read back through this thread and it appears Holly had problems when she had joeys. Maybe nothing to do with it but is Holly pregnant or have joeys in pouch or did Nick get neutered?

Re: Please pray for Holly - 04/29/09 03:23 PM

no, no and no.

Re: Please pray for Holly - 04/29/09 05:54 PM

hug2 My thoughts and prayers and with you both, Cora hug2
Posted By: Mel2mdl

Re: Please pray for Holly - 04/29/09 07:33 PM

hug2 hug2 hug2

Re: Please pray for Holly - 04/30/09 05:14 AM

no change................. your thoughts and prayers are muchly appreciated!!!!!

Re: Please pray for Holly - 04/30/09 05:49 AM

I hope she starts feeling better...

Re: Please pray for Holly - 04/30/09 03:04 PM

She has an appt at 4 today. He wants to try to draw blood again. She acts better today actually. so we shall see. not staying as wet...................
Posted By: MissSarah

Re: Please pray for Holly - 04/30/09 03:18 PM

Hopefully it will be good news for you. *big hug hug hugs!*

Re: Please pray for Holly - 04/30/09 10:20 PM

How did the vet visit go? I hope she is doing ok.

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/01/09 12:13 AM

well he still could not get a good enough blood sample from the neck or tail. He wants me to keep doing what I am doing........Now I am off to go bug Melinda about how to make diapers.......she is still incontinent of urine.
Posted By: josefine

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/01/09 01:05 AM

i truly do hope that holly starts getting better soon. this must be the worst time ever for you w/her,when the vet can't help because of being stumped by why this is still going on,& not being able to get a good enough blood sample to test would have me going ga-ga!
our emotions are all w/you & holly.i do know how you feel, so helpless,&confused. just getting her thru each day has been wonderful. i have no doubt that you will be able to pull her thru all this. i'm sorry i haven't been more supportive to you,i have been reading & keeping up w/this since last dec.,& you have been on my mind,sometimes it is hard for me to reply,or be a good supporter,because i get myself so emotionally(mentally)involved,that i feel if i were to answer,i could very easily say all the wrong things.
i give you my heart, dear girl!!
talk @ ya L8R
josefine

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/01/09 02:08 PM

Thank you Josefine.
She is not looking to spiffy today ......... I have 7 patients to see..........I am a little behind so off we go. torb in hand. her eyes are not open and bright. she is cold again. she will not eat more than a few licks at a time and coughs with that. I was hoping yesterday was a turning point but it might have been her last rally so to speak ..........happens with people too.

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/02/09 02:26 AM

we are still hangin!!!

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/02/09 02:28 AM

Cora it saddens me to read that Holly is not doing well upset
"WE" are sending out many prayers angel

Pat, Boo-Boo, and BJ

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/02/09 03:07 AM

ty!!

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/02/09 04:12 AM

Still keeping Holly in my prayers Cora. Many hugs to you too. hug2
Posted By: DirtyPaws

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/02/09 04:51 AM

Hang on Holly! We're praying for you! And Momma too! heart
Posted By: Dani4Hedgies

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/02/09 02:06 PM

Your both in our prays that the vet find the answer to make Holly all better smile

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/02/09 02:31 PM

still here.........she is a fighter and as long as she fights I will too. Believe that!
Posted By: Srlb

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/02/09 10:34 PM

Cora, since she had a UTI...find out if he can do a check on her bladder...Remember, I lost Bug to a Urinary Bladder Infection. Although I didnt have the signs you are having, it has raised my awareness to the bladder now instead of just the kidneys.

Prayers going out for you and Holly.

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/02/09 10:38 PM

How would he do a check on the bladder??? I mean what kind of a test???? I think he or Tara one called Dr. Tristan on this last week but I cant swear to it.
Posted By: Jackie_Chans_Mom

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/02/09 11:21 PM

They can extract urine directly from the bladder via syringe and test it.

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/02/09 11:25 PM

Quote:
They can extract urine directly from the bladder via syringe and test it.

Thats what I was going to say too Val...you are too quick.

Cora, have Tara call Tim again and find out what he would suggest if anything different...I dont think there would be, but who knows. (also, tell her I said howdy)

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/02/09 11:55 PM

thats how he got the urine sample he got.

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/03/09 06:57 AM

Hi Cora.

Just wanted to say hi and see how you and your little girl were doing tonight.

Did you try to rig a diaper for her? Or does she still need it?

Hope you're doing well ~ you're a strong suggie momma! heart

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/03/09 07:16 AM

I would say about the same. no, MizValories mom attemted to make one............just something to wick the urine off of her but it did not work with her tiny body and squirmy back legs kept getting out of it. but she gave it a heck of a shot! her eyes seem a little brighter and she wakes up a little more often.............sleeps in my hand most of the time snuggled against my neck. she still gets cold if she is in the cage /cagepouch for more than an hour. havnt had to give her any pain medicine since yesterday morning. her respirations still seem rapid and have been all week.

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/03/09 07:26 AM

Oh Cora... I keep coming back to this thread hoping things have gotten better. I am thingking of you and your little girl, and I am lighting a candle for your baby...

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/03/09 06:52 PM

pics taken yesterday:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/IMG_3042.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/IMG_3043.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/IMG_3044.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/IMG_3045.jpg

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/03/09 07:13 PM

Bless her little heart. I'm still keeping Holly in my prayers! She is so sweet looking Cora. hug2

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/03/09 07:18 PM

Aww she is so cute even if she is sick smile
Posted By: wclanton423

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/03/09 10:25 PM

Cora, I really hope she comes around. Poor baby. Many hugs being sent your way.

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/03/09 10:48 PM

Aw... frown That baby doesn't look like she feels well at all. I hope she feels better real soon though.

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/04/09 01:25 AM

Aww, hi Holly. Here's a big kiss and a mealie for ya!
Posted By: Karin

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/04/09 02:12 AM

Thinking of you Cora, and Miss Holly girl too *big hug*.

Karin

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/06/09 01:19 AM

she has a vet appt for tomorrow at 4 to recheck her urine and look her over.................dont think he is going to draw blood. she is about the same. i will let yall know how it goes.

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/06/09 02:15 AM

You and holly have been through the wringer.. This is the first time I've had the time to read through the whole post. You are in our thoughts and prayers as well.. I wish you all the best of luck tomorrow!

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/07/09 04:08 AM

the urinalysis and sedimentation reflect Holly still has a UTI so another 10 days of baytril was ordered. he decided to draw blood and sent it off. he felt pretty optomistic he got enough! we shall see. she has some redness, losing fur at the underside base of tail down to about the middle of the tail. i am using a and d oitment with vit e and it seems to help if applied frequently. oh, oh, oh i did nt tell you the good news.............she peed a little puddle on the vet table!!! she has been peeing all over herself for a week and in that moment she was not............gosh i hope she will get better........poor girl! she is so sweet and well mannered.
Posted By: littlenitro

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/07/09 08:55 AM

i really hope she gets better , you can call me anytime , if i dont answer try after 8 pm your time, i try to only drive nights,i love talking to you and i cant wait to come see you and holly,my prayers are with you both, love ya

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/07/09 04:56 PM

Awww... sweet holly!

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/08/09 12:40 AM

did not hear back on her labwork so i am hoping that means they got enough blood and where able to do a complete workup. i placed her in the cage earlier so she could drink and eat a little. i then proceeded to pick up plates and water dishes from the other cages. i glanced over and holly had climbed to a perch midway in hieght of the cage and before i could get over there she lost her balance and fell on her side...........i almost had a stroke.........i need to wrap her in bubble wrap. Nick has not been paying her much mind since she has been sick so in the hospital cage she goes. i hate for nick to be alone.......i feel like i have failed him in some way, but i know that is not true. i know i said i was going to nueter him but hubby is adamant that i am not simba and nala were supposed to have him a wfb female but it did not happen frown
sorry not typing correctly but holding holly with one hand and typing with the other. thanks for your prayers and support. i love this community!
Posted By: SariYappa

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/08/09 01:06 AM

hug2 hug2

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/08/09 01:14 AM

Poor baby. I do hope that whatever is going on with her Cora that it will soon get resolved. I'm sure your a nervous wreck over all this by now.
Keep your spirits up, your doing a fantastic job with staying on top of things for her.
Sending lots of hugs and prayers. Give a little extra kiss to Nick too..... hug2

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/08/09 11:57 PM

Got the lab work. the vet says her blood count is low and pet tinic was ordered today. he also gave me a copy of the labs per my request. he says there are not enough normal lab values but what he does know is her bilirubin, potassium, sodium, chloride and something else is a little off which may be indicative of Adisons(sp) disease. so how many of you have what may be considered "normal lab values" according to the super glider knowledgable vets/labs out there???? Here is Hollys lab results today:
page 1

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/hollyslabsmay.jpg

page 2

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/05-08-2009062139PM.jpg

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/08/09 11:58 PM

if you keep clicking on it it will blow up where you can see it!

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/09/09 12:15 AM

here is an overview on Addisons disease
http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/understanding-addisons-disease-basics

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/09/09 05:26 AM

I'm sure now that you have a diagnosis at least you can stop wondering and they can focus on helping her.
It's hard, and my heart goes out to you and to Holly. I will continue to send prayers your way.

Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/09/09 05:28 AM

See Part 1 here

Re: Please pray for Holly - 05/09/09 05:29 AM

Continued Part 2

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/09/09 05:38 AM

Saying prayers for your little one. <3

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/09/09 06:04 AM

Oh man, have they talked about treatment ideas?

I think you must be playing with the best team ~ I know you'll be back to let us know what they all decide she needs.

She seems like such a sweetie and you must be the best Mommy! I know you'll keep on keeping on heart

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/11/09 10:46 PM

So She had not urinated since Sunday morning........all bloated.......6 grams heavier than she is supposed to be. Vet can see me at 4. 4 comes and in we go. He sedates her....she pees...........and pees and pees.........he even gently expressed/massaged her bladder and xrayed her....the xray did not show anything different from the other day when he xrayed her. So she goes from incontinence to urinary retention...............I am at my witts end and no answers.................UGH!

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/11/09 10:46 PM

No new meds she continues on Baytril, iron and calcium supplements.

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/11/09 11:06 PM

Cora please give that sweet girl some more love and kisses from me, Boo-Boo, and BJ. heart Poor Holly heart . I hope somehow someone can get to the bottom of this angel

Pat, Boo-Boo, and BJ

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/12/09 12:01 AM

Hang in there! Sending love and prayers from this way!

heart hug2 heart

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/15/09 06:17 AM

Things have not changed much. she is either incontinent or retaining urine. She still drinks ALOT but her appetite has slowed. She sleeps most of the time. she is also incontinent of stool so when she is sleeping all curled up she gets pee and poo everywhere. She is losing her fur on her back legs, tail, underside, etc. She continues on Baytril, an iron supplement, and calcium supplement. she is also on the bloated side as she is up to 62 grams.

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/16/09 01:34 AM

I am so sorry she's going through so much! Sending prayers and good thoughts her way (and yours!)
Posted By: CSteele

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/16/09 02:18 AM

I will be thinking good thoughts for Holly and you!!!!

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/16/09 03:12 AM

Thank You. She goes back to the vet monday at 4 for a urinalysis with culture and sensitivity.
Course it will take about 3 days for the culture results!

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/16/09 03:19 AM

Poor baby...

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/16/09 04:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Cora
Things have not changed much. she is either incontinent or retaining urine. She still drinks ALOT but her appetite has slowed. She sleeps most of the time. she is also incontinent of stool so when she is sleeping all curled up she gets pee and poo everywhere. She is losing her fur on her back legs, tail, underside, etc. She continues on Baytril, an iron supplement, and calcium supplement. she is also on the bloated side as she is up to 62 grams.

upset upset upset upset upset upset upset upset
This really breaks my heart Cora.

angel Come on Sweet Holly, start feeling better angel
hug2

Pat, Boo-Boo, and BJ

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/19/09 03:03 AM

How's everything? You said Monday at four... that was today right?

I hope everything will be ok hug2

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/19/09 03:17 AM

yea, well i went. the vet did a urinalysis with sedimentation. he did not have enough urine to send some off to culture but will do that on Thursday. he wants her off antibiotics until the. the ua reflects 3+ bacteria, white blood cells and the specific gravity is "off"
was not happy........i have a sick glider for over 3 weeks now and i need him to fix it..........i need a hug!

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/19/09 09:15 PM

Hollys been crashing all day. vet just subqued her 10 cc..............Been crying..............I am such a mess over an animal........most think I am crazy.....But I know y'all understand.

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/19/09 09:22 PM

angel hug2 hug2 angel
I'm praying Cora, praying hard....Pat

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/21/09 12:23 AM

dont want to jinx anything but Holly ate and drank every 2 hours last night and today. staying awake for a few minutes longer. her urine culture will late tomorrow. wont get the results back until monday......blah! oh but wait monday is a holiday frown

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/21/09 04:25 AM

Cora I know I am knew and don't even have a suggie myself yet.. But I wanted to let you know I am keeping Holly in my thoughts and prayers!

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/21/09 05:57 AM

hug2 hug2 hug2 hug2 hug2

Still thinking about little Holly!

And YOU TOO!!!!! You better be taking care of CORA! Don't make me come up there and kick your hiney girl!

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/21/09 01:36 PM

Holly passed on about 15 min ago. Taking her to the vet now for necropsy.........we had such a great day yesterday and last night......she just "went" in my bra. Godspeed my sweet angel.
Posted By: gliderma

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/21/09 01:56 PM

I'm so sorry Cora! This is very sad that she couldn't be saved with everything you have done! Take care!
Posted By: mommawannabe

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/21/09 02:40 PM

Oh Cora, I am so very sorry! Godspeed little Holly!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anna
Posted By: LabNGliderMom

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/21/09 02:49 PM

Oh, Cora, I am so sorry for your loss! I know you'll miss little Holly... our prayers and thoughts are with you... hug2
Posted By: tbull

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/21/09 02:52 PM

I'm so sorry. hug2 hug2

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/21/09 02:59 PM

cry I am so very sorry Cora. This just breaks my heart. cry
upset
Pat
Posted By: Lindsay

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/21/09 03:18 PM

I know you don't know me, but I am very sorry about Holly. You have my prayers and thoughts.

Lindsay

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/21/09 03:43 PM

Aww... little Holly... frown

You did all you could Cora...hopefully we find out whats up so little Holly can help other gliders.

Poor baby frown

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/21/09 03:53 PM

Oh Cora. . .I am so sorry to hear about Holly. I know you did everything you possibly could for her. If you need to talk or someone to cry with, call me.

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/21/09 04:50 PM

Oh, Cora, you tried so hard. I'm glad though you had a great last day with her. Now you rest and heal your heart. I'm sorry they couldn't have done more for her. hug2

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/21/09 04:51 PM

Cora: I am so very sorry.
Posted By: Mel2mdl

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/21/09 05:13 PM

Poor baby - she (and you) fought the good fight. Just remember she's not hurting now. hug2

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/21/09 06:07 PM

Cora I am sorry. hug2
Posted By: sugarglidersuz

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/21/09 07:08 PM

Cora,
I'm so very sorry cry hug2 hug2 hug2
Posted By: Trigger

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/21/09 07:19 PM

So very sorry Cora. Sending lots of hugs to you.

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/21/09 08:02 PM

hug2 My thoughts and prayers are with you Cora. I'm so sorry for you loss. Holly is at peace now and will forever shine in your heart.
Godspeed precious little one. gangel
Posted By: tootles

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/21/09 08:13 PM

I am so sorry Cora! You did everything you could for her. Hugs to you

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/21/09 09:21 PM

cry I am so sorry, Cora. hug2

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/21/09 11:33 PM

Hubby and I buried her remains in the back yard by Rocky who passed 3 years ago in May.
Dr. Reese said her bladder was full and her kidneys were very pale. tissue samples and her brain were sent off to the lab.
I so appreciate the support from people who actually understands what its like to lose a glider so close to my heart. I will post a memorial of her life with pics when I can see the screen. Its too fresh right now. (((((HUGS))))) back!
Posted By: Karin

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/22/09 02:43 AM

I am so sorry Cora. * big hugs *

I know how you feel, I still can't post about Deja and I lost her in Feb.

Karin
Posted By: minkasmom

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/22/09 05:05 AM

hug2 Holly couldn't ask for more love than what you gave her.... cry it's so hard to read that she's crossed over the Bridge...but she has LOTS of friends and a free spirit now.

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/22/09 11:29 AM

Cora, I am so very sorry.

GODSPEED Holly.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/22/09 02:55 PM

Cora,

I am sorry to hear that Holly has crossed the Rainbow Bridge. May your memories of her comfort you in the days to come.

Glide Free little one.

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/23/09 03:55 AM

I'm so sorry! You both fought so hard. You both did everything you could.

Re: Part 2 - Please Pray for Holly - 05/25/09 10:11 PM

I am so sorry you lost Holly! My heart goes out to you, Cora!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL