GliderCENTRAL

Cherimoya

Posted By: JillMarie

Cherimoya - 05/16/11 08:55 PM

Cherimoya
What a yummie fruit. For those of you not familiar, I have included some photos for you. They taste something like pineapple and bubblegum. I cut it in quarters, scoop out the flesh, pick out the seeds, and then mash it into small ice cube trays. Gliders love it, and when YOU eat it frozen its like sherbet.

Attached picture cherimoya1.jpg
Attached picture cherimoya2.jpg
Attached picture cherimoya3.jpg
Attached picture cherimoya4.jpg
Attached picture cherimoya5.jpg
Posted By: MissSarah

Re: Cherimoya - 05/16/11 09:30 PM

Oh, wow! I've never even heard of the before! And thats an awesome ice cube tray, btw. Never seen on like that!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Cherimoya - 05/16/11 09:38 PM

sounds yummy.....not sure if I have ever seen that around my parts.
Posted By: Dancing

Re: Cherimoya - 05/16/11 09:48 PM

That is really cool looking too. The outer skin looks like someone painted it.
Posted By: Gizmogirl

Re: Cherimoya - 05/17/11 09:01 AM

Wow, never seen or heard of it. I learn something new everyday! smile
Posted By: Midien

Re: Cherimoya - 05/17/11 09:59 AM

It actually LOOKS really tasty. >.>

Where did you find it? laugh I think the closest really awesome grocery store we have near here is Whole Foods in New Orleans, but when I move out to WA I might have to keep a lookout for the tasty goodness.
Posted By: Gemini67

Re: Cherimoya - 05/17/11 11:13 AM

Hmmm - never heard of it, but thanks for letting us know about it. I'm going to have to look for it this week. Yum!
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Cherimoya - 05/18/11 01:50 AM

I think it tastes a little like banana (maybe that's just because it's a similar texture roflmao ). I agree, most of my gliders really like it. thumb
Posted By: LiveInTheMoment

Re: Cherimoya - 05/18/11 01:57 AM

Where do you buy one of those? And are there only certain times that they are sold in grocery stores?

Re: Cherimoya - 05/18/11 02:10 AM

I just saw one of these at the zoo yesterday in the primate area. I wanted to try it but it was just a plastic model.

Re: Cherimoya - 05/18/11 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Norpa
I just saw one of these at the zoo yesterday in the primate area. I wanted to try it but it was just a plastic model.

LOL, how disappointing!

Re: Cherimoya - 05/18/11 03:16 AM

Originally Posted By: ProudParent

LOL, how disappointing!

I agree! I also found something interesting though, they have Suggies there now. I was a bit confused about what was in their food trays and why they had such bright lights in the cage. But I guess they can't keep it dark like the bat cage since it'll mess with their day cycles.
Posted By: Glide_Bye_Lily

Re: Cherimoya - 05/18/11 03:35 AM

If you're going to feed this be EXTREMELY careful to pick out the seeds. Chermoya seeds are very toxic to humans. Even accidentally crushing the seeds while cutting the fruit can contaminate the edible part.

I'm not sure if it's the same for gliders but I would rather be safe than sorry. smile

Re: Cherimoya - 05/18/11 03:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Glide_Bye_Lily
If you're going to feed this be EXTREMELY careful to pick out the seeds. Chermoya seeds are very toxic to humans. Even accidentally crushing the seeds while cutting the fruit can contaminate the edible part.

I'm not sure if it's the same for gliders but I would rather be safe than sorry. smile

Oh geez! Good to know!!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL