Sick glider- post surgery decline
by the gliders angel
Yesterday at 05:43 AM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1138394 - 06/30/11 05:05 PM HPW Complete from Critter Love?
MindPumice
Unregistered

Just got a sample of the HPW Complete from Critter Love (??) I have to say I wasn't expecting it to be such a strong smell! LOL.

I just want to know if anyone else here uses it and what their experiences are. Am debating taking back the unopened calcium supplements from PetsMart that I was going to get to make some BML. But if this HPW Complete really IS complete and all I have to do is add water.. and some fresh fruits and vegetables as well as some buggies, then that seems really easy.

Okay -- so what's your experience?

#1138397 - 06/30/11 05:12 PM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
Megs
Unregistered

I've been using it for about a week and the gliders are doing just fine.
I also love the smell of it.

#1138399 - 06/30/11 05:16 PM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
girlsquirrels Offline
Glider Lover

Loc: Southaven, Mississippi
LOVE IT!! I have been using for about 2 months now and all of mine love it! Even my pickiest eaters are cleaning the bowl!! All you really do is add the water and green juice ( if you choose) and you have a lot of choices of fruit and veges to use. It smells pretty good after mixing it all up and just so easy to make. Makes their fur look healthier too!!

I will never change diets after using HPW Complete

Mommy to my 5 beautiful girl squirrels:
:grey: Roxie
:grey: Ginger
:grey: Taz
:grey: Ally
:grey: Hally

one chihuahua named Juicy, my leopard gecko KP, and my floppy basset hound Emma

And have my amazing fiance, Troy

#1138405 - 06/30/11 05:47 PM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
Gemini67 Offline
Glider Lover

Loc: Capital Region, NY USA
I just switched my 2 from BML to the HPW Complete a month ago. From day 1 (or should I say "night" 1), they licked the bowls clean. Mine love it and I love it too because it's so easy to make and I can feed them a much bigger variety of fruits and veggies!
Let us know how your baby likes the sample!

~ Lucky to have rescued all of my :grey: "silly goosies" and my kitties Jani Rose and Artie-Choke

#1138511 - 06/30/11 08:51 PM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
Meg_n_Von Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Loc: Vulcan, MO
I ordered a sample of it earlier this month and my gliders all seemed to love it. I plan on switching to it full time when my last batch of HPW runs out. smile

Sugar Exotics

:bb: Kira :grey: Sadie - Neal :wfb: Pip - Violet :rtmo: Logan - Charli - Tyler - Seamus :plat: Chloe - Cas :leu: Boone

RIP David
Your life was short lived, but your memory will last forever.

#1138752 - 07/01/11 11:25 AM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
MindPumice
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Megs
I've been using it for about a week and the gliders are doing just fine.
I also love the smell of it.

Oh the smell is not offensive. It was just unexpected! Could smell it from outside the bag, hehe! smile

#1138753 - 07/01/11 11:26 AM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: girlsquirrels]
MindPumice
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: girlsquirrels
LOVE IT!! I have been using for about 2 months now and all of mine love it! Even my pickiest eaters are cleaning the bowl!! All you really do is add the water and green juice ( if you choose) and you have a lot of choices of fruit and veges to use. It smells pretty good after mixing it all up and just so easy to make. Makes their fur look healthier too!!

I will never change diets after using HPW Complete

What do you mean green juice? I was under the impression that I just add warm water, blend and then put into the ice cube trays. Then feed daily with fruits, veggies, and mealies? (Or other safe buggies)

#1138754 - 07/01/11 11:44 AM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
Dwiizie Offline
Glider Guardian

Loc: Richmond, VA
You have the option to add the super green juice stuff, in addition to the water and powder. I'm not quite sure how that works, how you'd still be able to feed a tablespoon if you diluted the ingredients, maybe someone will come along and comment to that. So far, mine have been liking it fine without it, so I didn't get it. Some people have said theirs won't eat it without the green juice. I saw someone saying you can get it at some local grocers. Maybe one day I'll try it. I'm afraid to try it and they won't eat it plain anymore lol

And I HATE the smell of the powder lol. I know its sweet vanilla, but its SO sweet and rich SMELLING, it makes me sick to my stomach, like I just ate a gallon of super concentrated buttercream icing. I hold the bag at arms length away and run it to the kitchen cabinets. Adam blends it for me and measures it out into the icecube tray smile Its not a bad smell, its just sickening. I also hate the smell of honey for some reason...

Edited by Dwiizie (07/01/11 11:45 AM)

#1138755 - 07/01/11 11:51 AM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
Alaina_B
Unregistered

I use one of the recipes from sweet sugar gliders.com for my hpw diet.. I basically make home made green juice/smoothie type stuff with the fruits and veggies.. My gliders don't seem to eat as much if I feed them the fruits and veggies cut up with the hpw separate, so I make the smoothie and then measure it into ice cube trays then measure each serving of the hpw on top of the other in the tray then freeze it all together.. All I have to do in the morning is rinse their dish and put two cubes per glider in the tray to thaw in the fridge and it's ready by feeding time at night.. It makes feeding them super simple and they love it!

#1138756 - 07/01/11 11:58 AM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
Dwiizie Offline
Glider Guardian

Oh, I didn't realize the green juice was to go with the fruits and veggies portion. I just let the tray thaw enough to where the outsides detach from the tray walls so I can pop the cube out (they won't twist and pop like ice will) I don't like defrosting all the way and refreezing. I haven't tried making the fruit/veggie smoothie method at all, I've been giving them the fruits and veggies just chopped up and thawed from the frozen recipe.

#1138759 - 07/01/11 12:07 PM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
alysone31
Unregistered

I use a knife to wedge the cubes out of my ice tray; shove the blade down one long side, then the other and just twist the handle once you're at the end of the second side. Pops out easy-peasy and I don't have to wait on it to thaw at all. smile

#1138775 - 07/01/11 01:07 PM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
COWGAL Offline
Glider Lover

Loc: USA
I love this diet as well. I have a limited number of cube trays so I freeze some. Then run cold water over the bottom side and pop them all out into a large container. Then I just grab what I need.

#1138781 - 07/01/11 01:22 PM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
girlsquirrels Offline
Glider Lover

Loc: Southaven, Mississippi
Ya you have the option of putting like Naked brand Green Machine Juice in it or Odwalla brand green juice. Its a healthy mixture of fruits and veggies in a juice. Grocery stores sell it usually in the produce dept. or by the orange juice and stuff. Mine really like it with the green juice. You add one cup of it to the powder and water.

Mommy to my 5 beautiful girl squirrels:
:grey: Roxie
:grey: Ginger
:grey: Taz
:grey: Ally
:grey: Hally

one chihuahua named Juicy, my leopard gecko KP, and my floppy basset hound Emma

And have my amazing fiance, Troy

#1138783 - 07/01/11 01:37 PM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
Dwiizie Offline
Glider Guardian

Originally Posted By: alysone31
I use a knife to wedge the cubes out of my ice tray; shove the blade down one long side, then the other and just twist the handle once you're at the end of the second side. Pops out easy-peasy and I don't have to wait on it to thaw at all. smile

Yeah, I tried this the first night and broke my icecube tray lol. It only sits for like 30 minutes before its loose enough to just pop up smile

#1138784 - 07/01/11 01:39 PM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: Dwiizie]
CritterHill Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: Illinois, USA
A knife wouldn't work here either. So I turn the tray upside down and ran it under hot water for a few seconds and then it all easily popped out. I then put the cubes in a ziploc bag and back in the freezer.

Critter Hill

#1138799 - 07/01/11 02:41 PM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: CritterHill]
Dwiizie Offline
Glider Guardian

Originally Posted By: CritterHill
A knife wouldn't work here either. So I turn the tray upside down and ran it under hot water for a few seconds and then it all easily popped out. I then put the cubes in a ziploc bag and back in the freezer.

Nice!

#1138846 - 07/01/11 04:05 PM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
CandyOtte Offline
Serious Glideritis

Loc: Lutz Florida
Quote:
You have the option to add the super green juice stuff, in addition to the water and powder. I'm not quite sure how that works, how you'd still be able to feed a tablespoon if you diluted the ingredients, maybe someone will come along and comment to that.

It would dilute the amount of the HPW Complete nutrients in the 1 TBS serving with the additional juice added.

That would be a question you should direct to Peggy.
Wacco, Yacco, & Dot
Mindy, Kanobles, Elmo, & Chipper

http://www.gliderkids-diet.com

CandyOtte@aol.com

#1138861 - 07/01/11 05:40 PM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
Teresa56 Offline
Glider Lover

Loc: Florida
I have been using the HPW Complete for months and I love it. I do not freeze it since it is so easy to make. I only have 3 gliders so I make half a batch and keep it in the freg. I do add odwalla juice, it has no garlic and because it is made mainly of fruit I don't fuss over whether my brats eat the fruits I give them. Some nites I give extra veggies and don't offer fruit. My babies love the HPW Complete and I love the vanilla smell.

Slave to 2 colonies
Colony #1= Trio
Skeeter :grey: and MissHarmony :wfb: and Miss Sanora :wfb:

Colony # 2 pair
Flora :rtmo: and her huney Freddy :grey:

#1138905 - 07/01/11 08:41 PM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
Sherri Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: Big Sandy TN
I have been using the HPW Complete for a few months now and my gliders and me LOVE it! I sometimes add the green juice to the mixture and sometimes I don't. Just depends on the mood I'm in or if I remembered to buy the green juice at the time.

Not only does the green juice have fruits and veggies in it, but it also has other nutrients, vitamins and protien. Thats why it doesn't dilute the HPW Complete when added to it.

Forever home to a wide variety of animals, domestic, farm and exotic.
My passion is my little suggie sweethearts! 731-441-9814

http://www.newbysglidernook.com/index.html

#1138917 - 07/01/11 09:24 PM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
MindPumice
Unregistered

Are you just adding the green juice powder? I may have to do that. We get some sort of greens (but in the chocolate kind). Will have to get normal ones for them.

Any particular brand of greens?

#1138918 - 07/01/11 09:25 PM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
MindPumice
Unregistered

#1138944 - 07/01/11 11:25 PM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
snowbabygliders Offline
Glider Guardian

Loc: usa
naked brand green machine juice or odwalla is what you want i didn't check out the link its not opening for me for some reason wink

we love using the blender bottle or the 2 oz souffle cups we vend for it because they slide right out of them if frozen and its the perfect size and reusable for a few times, the blender bottle you can make some, stick in fridge, shake up and just pour and remake every few days, works even better IMHO. that's the way we used it for an emergency as we use the plus and we loved it! some have done the souffle cup idea and it works great i hear. you'd need a flat surface i.e. pizza pan etc to freeze on and i do have lids you can add to them and I hear it is a great way to freeze the perfect amount and get out asap with no ice cube tray drama lol. We love the plus and the complete so much we vend both and would use both, we just prefer the plus since its ice cream consistency and it is fresher IMO since we are freezing smoothie cubes and veggies , we feel the more fresh we can add in, the better, but no worries! the complete is equally as great and healthy and i 100% stand by that! thumb

Edited by snowbabygliders (07/01/11 11:27 PM)

#1138977 - 07/02/11 01:33 AM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
Megs
Unregistered

No...
This:

#1139033 - 07/02/11 05:08 AM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
snowbabygliders Offline
Glider Guardian

Loc: usa
yes odawalla or naked brand are just fine as is bolthouse farms green machine juice too. and no, the minute amount of garlic in naked brand is perfectly safe, you can ask peggy herself. smile Wanted to make sure no one got nervy about it as its realllllly tiny and I have been using it for a year or more with no issues, happy healthy mommies and babies~!believe peggy has used it ( id have to ask her again) as well and my gliders as they dont like any brand except naked brand and it actually smells very good! Igrab the huge biulk bottle of it as we make food for 16 batches here when we do our hpw plus preparing days wink <3

Edited by snowbabygliders (07/02/11 05:11 AM)

#1139076 - 07/02/11 10:44 AM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
Sherri Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: Big Sandy TN
I use the Bolthouse Farms Green Juice here. My babies love it! But then again they love their HPW Complete with OR without the green juice.

Forever home to a wide variety of animals, domestic, farm and exotic.
My passion is my little suggie sweethearts! 731-441-9814

http://www.newbysglidernook.com/index.html

#1139108 - 07/02/11 12:47 PM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
hwh4ev Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: roseville, mi
my gliders all love the hpw complete and plus, i alternate
between the 2 of them.
i use odwalla, superfood juice also.

my breeding pair dont seem to like the green juice in the complete or plus so they get it without but they will drink the green juice with bottled water, in a little bowl on the side(for extra liquid) go figure.

my gliders just had joeys oop last sunday and i was very
pleased with their weights because in the past, leah and lakotas joeys were always smaller.

i believe it is the hpw complete and plus.

regards,
nancy in detroit

#1139185 - 07/02/11 05:09 PM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
MindPumice
Unregistered

Got the Odwalla Juice from Publix today. smile I drank what was left over.. Surprisingly good.

Made up my sample. I am impressed that the free sample lasts as long as it does for two sugar gliders. I want to order more however not sure what size to get..

#1139192 - 07/02/11 05:36 PM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: Dwiizie]
SugarCrazy Offline
Glider Lover

Loc: Central Illinois
I haven't tried the HPW Complete but if you make the fruit and veggie smoothies, they freeze more solid than the regular HPW. I mix it all together and put it in the plastic baby food bowls and freeze it all that way. I let them thaw for 1/2 to 1 hour before feeding and it comes right out and I can chunk it up a bit so they can take bites. It does make the making process a little longer but nightly feeding is sooooo much easier.
Owned by 2 cats
Playmate to 5 dogs
Slave to 16 suggies + joeys now and then
www.garlandfunnyfarm.weebly.com

#1139226 - 07/02/11 08:52 PM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
MindPumice
Unregistered

I made their HPW with the greens but I swear, hours later and it's still mushy -- not really solid. I was hoping that they were solid enough so I could dump out the cubes into a tupperware container but I don't see that happening. :-/

#1139235 - 07/02/11 09:18 PM Re: HPW Complete from Critter Love? [Re: ]
SugarCrazy Offline
Glider Lover

Loc: Central Illinois
I've used the "green juice" to make the HPW and it set up just like always. I'm not sure about the greens you used.
Owned by 2 cats
Playmate to 5 dogs
Slave to 16 suggies + joeys now and then
www.garlandfunnyfarm.weebly.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver, Philwojo 
Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Owner, Admin, Mod
Newest Members
aalissa, Mio, Immelh, PipersMom, Bravo
6381 Registered Users
Forum Stats
17 posts in the last 24hrs
6382 Members
134 Forums
8896 Topics
147834 Posts

Max Online: 478 @ 07/15/07 01:24 AM
Last 10 New Topics