10/17/17 08:15 PM
Little Roxie
by kidqwik
10/17/17 07:41 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Topic Options
#1388729 - 04/07/15 01:52 AM What are your thoughts on this cage?
SkipTheStorm Offline
Glider Explorer

Loc: MS
I was recently given a $100 gift card to Amazon and a ton of thoughts have gone through my mind on what to get with it and tonight I thought that I should try to find a new cage for my pair. The one they are in is barely adequate and I'd like to see them in something bigger.
Problem is money is tight and I'm trying to stick close to the gift card amount and that isn't easy!
I found a cage on Amazon and thought it looked good but want opinions from you guys!
It's been a while since I've been in the market for a cage, the last time I was I built one and that worked amazing until one of my old trio decided to chew her way out. The new female reminds me a lot of her and the other issues I ran into with the homemade cage make it a very big safety issue in my home so I'm thinking a metal cage and some zip ties should eliminate escape issues.
Thoughts on this cage or another Amazon cage close to $100 would be greatly appreciated!
The final reason I'm asking for advice is because I've found it hard to keep up with the dangers in some of the materials for cages and I know a lot of you guys know your stuff really well!
Here's the links:
http://www.amazon.com/Brand-Glider-Ferre...ar+glider+cages
http://www.amazon.com/Wrought-Levels-Ferret-Chinchilla-Glider/dp/B004GUZZVE/ref=cm_wl_huc_item

:rbridge: Marius, Anita, Oneiroi, and Micah

Moose, the "vicious" pit bull

Current Research, Studies & Resources
#1388730 - 04/07/15 03:20 AM Re: What are your thoughts on this cage? [Re: SkipTheStorm]
Ladymagyver Online   content

Loc: SW Missouri
I would look into your choices with Amazon.com a little closer. Many offer free shipping and are kept in stock . Some vendors offer free shipping too. Not sure what size you are looking for.

http://www.amazon.com/Prevue-Products-Wr...gar+glider+cage

Is just an idea. They recommend powder coated cages for durability. This one above is not. There are several cages available on the market when you get away from Amazon.

I have the Suncoast sturdy cage

http://www.sugar-gliders.com/index.php?id_product=12&controller=product

shipping wasn't that bad. Its a lot of cage for the money. So, again it's up to you! Good luck!

https://www.facebook.com/uptilldawngliders/

Inhale the future...
Exhale the past...

Fiona :grey:
Dot :grey:

#1388732 - 04/07/15 09:11 AM Re: What are your thoughts on this cage? [Re: SkipTheStorm]
CandyOtte Offline
Serious Glideritis

Loc: Lutz Florida
The first cage you linked is a light weight/economy type cage that has small doors that slide up. The largest of these doors is TOO SMALL to allow you to put any of the recommended glider safe wheels into the cage. (Stealth, Raptor, Fast-Track or Custom Cruiser wheels) This cage will rattle when gliders jump around in the cage. It lacks a removable bottom grate which makes the cage hard to clean. I junked a cage like this after 6 months because it was a pain to maintain and had already begun to rust.

The second cage would be a good cage for your gliders. It has large doors and a removable bottom grate and cage pan for easy cleaning. The epoxy finish is glider safe but may not last as long as a cage with a powder coated finish.

You may also want to consider the Madagascar or Congo Cages from Exotic Nutrition - they are currently on sale.

http://www.exoticnutrition.com/costsuglca.html

http://www.exoticnutrition.com/masuglca.html
Wacco, Yacco, & Dot
Mindy, Kanobles, Elmo, & Chipper

http://www.gliderkids-diet.com

CandyOtte@aol.com

#1388744 - 04/07/15 03:30 PM Re: What are your thoughts on this cage? [Re: SkipTheStorm]
SkipTheStorm Offline
Glider Explorer

I'm trying to stick with Amazon because of the Amazon gift card I was given for my birthday. Things are tight and I'm wanting to be able to use that gift card to make the cage affordable.
Work hasn't been great since my truck broke and with the boyfriend in a similar issue with his truck and job, actual money has gotten tight.
I found this cage http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004GUZZVE/ref=...8OYH4ONT6CPthat I'm now leaning towards.
I've looked at the suncoast cage and the Exotic Nutrition cages and even when money isn't tight, those cages would be hard to swing.

#1388756 - 04/07/15 07:36 PM Re: What are your thoughts on this cage? [Re: SkipTheStorm]
Feather Offline
Administrator

Loc: Wisconsin
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

#1388775 - 04/08/15 06:08 PM Re: What are your thoughts on this cage? [Re: SkipTheStorm]
Terry Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: Maryland
Originally Posted By: SkipTheStorm
I'm trying to stick with Amazon because of the Amazon gift card I was given for my birthday. Things are tight and I'm wanting to be able to use that gift card to make the cage affordable.
Work hasn't been great since my truck broke and with the boyfriend in a similar issue with his truck and job, actual money has gotten tight.
I found this cage http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004GUZZVE/ref=...8OYH4ONT6CPthat I'm now leaning towards.
I've looked at the suncoast cage and the Exotic Nutrition cages and even when money isn't tight, those cages would be hard to swing.

I had actually considered getting that particular cage. I currently have the Large Sturdy from Suncoast, and was feeling guilty about down grading the size, but it's so big in the space I have now. I ended up deciding to keep the cage I have because I couldn't get enough positive feedback on this cage to make me comfortable purchasing it.

The cage Feather linked from Amazon, may be the better way to go, since you can get real positive and reliable feedback from a trusted source.
2 Sugies, (Ollie & Skadoosh)
R.I.P. Lulu (2/28/12-10/13/17)

#1388815 - 04/09/15 11:04 PM Re: What are your thoughts on this cage? [Re: SkipTheStorm]
SFLeBrun Offline
In Pouch

Loc: Roanoke, VA, USA
Originally Posted By: SkipTheStorm

I have a very similar cage, same dimensions though it is also made for large birds so it had a bunch of small sliding doors for bird feeders. The sliding doors are not safe for sugar gliders so they are "locked" shut with plastic cable ties. I love the cage and believe my two sugar gliders do to. I bought my cage on eBay (Buy Now) for about $135 with free shipping. I know that does not help you with your Amazon card. You might see if other vendors have the same cage on Amazon and offer free shipping (make sure that the price does not goes up the cost of shipping of the one you found).

One thing I found interesting on the Amazon page. The image of the cage shows three platforms and ladders and the description states that it only comes with two of each.

Quote: "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read."
-- Groucho Marx

#1390272 - 05/22/15 11:29 PM Re: What are your thoughts on this cage? [Re: SkipTheStorm]
SkipTheStorm Offline
Glider Explorer

Just ordered http://www.exoticnutrition.com/costsuglca.html!!
So looking forward to it arriving!

#1390274 - 05/23/15 12:03 AM Re: What are your thoughts on this cage? [Re: SkipTheStorm]
CandyOtte Offline
Serious Glideritis

Loc: Lutz Florida
Your gliders will love the big cage. Have fun decorating it for them.
Wacco, Yacco, & Dot
Mindy, Kanobles, Elmo, & Chipper

http://www.gliderkids-diet.com

CandyOtte@aol.com

#1390278 - 05/23/15 04:38 AM Re: What are your thoughts on this cage? [Re: CandyOtte]
Terry Offline
Glider Addict

:agreed:

#1390302 - 05/24/15 04:38 PM Re: What are your thoughts on this cage? [Re: SkipTheStorm]
SkipTheStorm Offline
Glider Explorer

We've got two stealth wheels on the way too!
I'm sewing my fingers off while I've got time off work (darn truck broke). They're basically getting all new except for their cube and pouches and their favorite toy.

#1390310 - 05/24/15 06:06 PM Re: What are your thoughts on this cage? [Re: SkipTheStorm]
Terry Offline
Glider Addict

That sound exciting, I bet you can wait to get it all and set up and finally put them in there. They will love it!

My gliders love new, it doesn't even have to be new, just something they haven't seen for a while. I took out their pirate them yesterday when I cleaned the cage and put in some toys and accessories they haven't had in there for a while. They had a blast and I still heard all kinds of popping noises coming from their pouch on and off throughout the day, lol. sounds of contentment.

#1390314 - 05/24/15 06:28 PM Re: What are your thoughts on this cage? [Re: SkipTheStorm]
SkipTheStorm Offline
Glider Explorer

Unfortunately they've never had a setup I've felt they deserved due to unfortunate circumstances in my life that led to them not getting the care they needed, and then other difficulties that have finally been worked out, they are finally going to get what I feel they deserve, which means all new except for the homemade stuff they haven't destroyed and until now there hasn't been much of that either.

#1390320 - 05/24/15 08:25 PM Re: What are your thoughts on this cage? [Re: SkipTheStorm]
Terry Offline
Glider Addict

Well sounds like they will have a great one now. I'm happy that things worked out and your situation has improved. I've been there and understand how you must feel, making this change even more exciting. glad you hung in there, and can enjoy this.

#1390519 - 05/29/15 11:18 PM Re: What are your thoughts on this cage? [Re: SkipTheStorm]
SkipTheStorm Offline
Glider Explorer

wheels and cage have arrived and they have been shifted into their new cage. They found the wheels and little Deimos was like "what the heck is this?" while Marius just hopped in and went for a run! Still got some decorating to do for them but as of right now they are exploring and figuring their new cage out.
They had a different wheel in their old cage but it wasn't big and Deimos could run in it but not get going fast so she doesn't really know what to do with these new stealth wheels but Marius sure does!
Just wish his girls where here to give him a ride on the outside instead of his little but having to actually run on it!

#1390523 - 05/30/15 09:12 AM Re: What are your thoughts on this cage? [Re: SkipTheStorm]
Terry Offline
Glider Addict

:yes: They will love the space!

She will figure it out, once she decides to.

#1390734 - 06/06/15 08:16 PM Re: What are your thoughts on this cage? [Re: SkipTheStorm]
SkipTheStorm Offline
Glider Explorer

She's figured it out!
All night long you can hear them bouncing around the cage and BOTH wheels going.

Moderator:  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver, Philwojo 
Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online
2 registered (Hutch, Jen_faith), 20 Guests and 46 Spiders online.
Key: Owner, Admin, Mod
Newest Members
Amanda159, aalissa, Mio, Immelh, PipersMom
6382 Registered Users
Forum Stats
33 posts in the last 24hrs
6382 Members
134 Forums
8897 Topics
147853 Posts

Max Online: 478 @ 07/15/07 01:24 AM
Last 10 New Topics