Yesterday at 09:31 PM
Little Roxie
by kidqwik
Yesterday at 08:01 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Topic Options
#1390564 - 06/01/15 11:40 AM 4 cages to choose from which would you choose?
sassafras Offline
Joey Member

Loc: us
these are the 4 cages i have been looking at because they are the biggest ones I could find other than the hexagon deluxe cage i really like that one but because of the shape and bulk it would be hard to fit it in my room if you know of another cage that is wider then these please comment the name of the cage or site thank you all!

http://www.petco.com/product/112008/Prevue-Hendryx-Large-Black-Flight-Bird-Cage

http://www.sugar-glider-store.com/3lesuglca.html

http://www.exoticnutrition.com/costsuglca.html

http://www.exoticnutrition.com/brsuglca.html

p.s- I am aware height is more important in a sugar gliders cage all these have decent heights but I notice my sugar gliders are not as active unless the width between the front and back of the cage are a decent size and 19 inches is not what I would consider a decent size for my sugar gliders lol specially with toys and etc. taking up space mine don't usually play with toys i have tried several different ones and they usually just climb on it once and wind up hitting it when jumping around and also i would not be using the ladders or shelves that come with one or two of the cages

Edited by sassafras (06/01/15 11:41 AM)

Current Research, Studies & Resources
#1390566 - 06/01/15 11:54 AM Re: 4 cages to choose from which would you choose? [Re: sassafras]
Kris_N_Zoe Offline
Glider Slave

Loc: Longview, Texas
When I was looking for a cage I was actually considering the Brisbane... Those are all nice. But the Brisbane is the one I would have gone with.

#1390567 - 06/01/15 12:26 PM Re: 4 cages to choose from which would you choose? [Re: sassafras]
sassafras Offline
Joey Member

would you happen to know how sturdy ones from exotic nutrition are? the ones i have now i bought at my local pet stores like petsmart and petco but they are wicked loud when the jump or even if there climbing it rattles the hole cage iv seen some that say wrought iron i believe but that sounds like something that would make the noise lol

#1390568 - 06/01/15 12:32 PM Re: 4 cages to choose from which would you choose? [Re: Kris_N_Zoe]
JanetGlider Offline
Glider Slave

Loc: Gibson City, IL
The Congo Cage from Exotic Nutrition is the only one of the 4 cages that I would go with because it is a lot taller than
the others. And you are right to not use the shelves and ladders. The Large Sturdy Cage from Suncoast is the exact same cage and a bit cheaper because Lisa only charges $9 for
shipping.

Good luck with whatever cage you decide on!!

PH: 217-249-3243

Email: janetbusick@gmail.com

Love all of my special pets: Sugar Gliders, Dogs, & Sun
Conure Parrot

#1390569 - 06/01/15 01:15 PM Re: 4 cages to choose from which would you choose? [Re: sassafras]
sassafras Offline
Joey Member

do you have alot of noise with that cage? i was originally going to go with the Brisbane cage then i saw the congo and its height difference but i can only imagine how loud it would be lol i have also stayed away from suncoast because a few people had told me their scammers and rip offs the materials arnt as good as they say but i have no idea if this is true or not it is a doller or two more than the congo cage from exotic nutrition but shipping threw them is quite a bit haha

#1390571 - 06/01/15 02:48 PM Re: 4 cages to choose from which would you choose? [Re: sassafras]
Terry Online   grin
Glider Addict

Loc: Maryland
Imo on the cages:

I would nix the first two, the first one looks thin and not so sturdy and I don't like the door size or the way they secure personally. The second is an HQ cage, which in my opinion is a top notch brand, but this cage specifically not really liking the door size on the front. Believe me, you will appreciate larger doors when cleaning, setting up, and decorating.

HQ cages are great quality, also the Critter Nation cages are good from what I've been reading over the last year and are also becoming popular. The CN cage has very large, full doors, which is good for cleaning and setup, but you need to be extra careful with escapes, especially with unbonded gliders. Also the horizontal bars have plus and minus factors as well.

The hexagonal cage you mentioned that is too large, I've read two complaints on cleaning cages that shape thoroughly in recent months, not sure if the same cage, but two different people had the one from EN and hate it. So may be good it didn't fit through your door, lol.

I personally have had two HQ cages, the Madagascar from EN and the Large Sturdy from Suncoast (same as Congo, except has six sliding feeding doors on front that need securing). I chose the cage from Suncoast because of the cheaper shipping rate, but the Congo is a very good option and the largest of the HQ cages compared to the Madagascar and Brisbane.

I've never had the Brisbane, but it is the same as the Congo, only not as tall.

If you have any specific questions regarding the Large Sturdy/Congo cage or even the Madagascar, though I did notice you haven't considered that particular one, feel free to ask.

Edited by Terry (06/01/15 02:50 PM)
2 Sugies, (Ollie & Skadoosh)
R.I.P. Lulu (2/28/12-10/13/17)

#1390575 - 06/01/15 05:24 PM Re: 4 cages to choose from which would you choose? [Re: Terry]
JanetGlider Offline
Glider Slave

Loc: Gibson City, IL
The Large Sturdy Cage from Suncoast and The Congo Cage from
Exotic Nutrition are both quality heavy duty HQ cages. No
noise like the cheaper flimsy cages. You can hear the gliders running in their wheels and playing with toys but
nothing to do with the wire of the cages. I have 9 Large Sturdy Cages from Suncoast and 1 of The Congo Cages from
Exotic Nutrition and am very happy with both.

PH: 217-249-3243

Email: janetbusick@gmail.com

Love all of my special pets: Sugar Gliders, Dogs, & Sun
Conure Parrot

#1390606 - 06/02/15 08:10 PM Re: 4 cages to choose from which would you choose? [Re: sassafras]
sassafras Offline
Joey Member

Thanks everyone i have decided to go with the congo cage!^-^

Moderator:  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver, Philwojo 
Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online
1 registered (Terry), 23 Guests and 57 Spiders online.
Key: Owner, Admin, Mod
Newest Members
mandydarr, FinFiFuFe, Angelicat26, AbbyGlider, Klasha
6387 Registered Users
Forum Stats
26 posts in the last 24hrs
6387 Members
134 Forums
8901 Topics
147884 Posts

Max Online: 478 @ 07/15/07 01:24 AM
Last 10 New Topics