by theresaw
0 seconds ago
Self Mutilating
by Ladymagyver
Today at 05:53 PM
Hi! I need some help
by Ladymagyver
Today at 05:51 PM
Three weeks in, first timer, questions .
by Terry
Today at 05:14 PM
BML Help
by Ladymagyver
Today at 10:21 AM
Injured Tail W/No Vet Instru/Help!
by Terry
Yesterday at 09:31 PM
Another Prolapsed cloaca
by Terry
Yesterday at 09:03 PM
Grieving sugar glider
by Firefly
Yesterday at 08:36 PM
Recipe for glider yogi's please!
by Ladymagyver
Yesterday at 01:58 PM
Hi new to forum.
by durga
Yesterday at 10:36 AM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Topic Options
#524800 - 04/09/08 09:57 PM MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME
cjkeenon Offline
Joey Member

Loc: Mendota, IL
Please help mr. My baby is almost 2 years old. He is slightly overweight. I have 5 other gliders and it is very hard to stop Squiggy from constantly eating everything in sight. Recently, I accumulated the last 3 gliders in the past several months. All 6 of them have not been together yet. They are just getting to know each other. I adopted Lenny and Squiggy first. Then I adopted Fonzie. All 3 of them are now together in the same cage.

Then 8 months ago, I adopted Joanie and Chachi together (they are 2 years old). They were staying in another bedroom. Then 2 months ago, I adopted Keiko. She is 6 years old. She was staying in the same room with Joanie and Chachi but they are not all in the same cage.

Recently, I put all 6 babies in the same room in 3 different cages.

The only one that lets me sort of hold him is Squiggy. But he never lets me cuddle with him. I try to watch what I feed them. They get fruit, mealworms, glider pellets, vegetables, vitamins, glideraid, etc...

Today, I went into the bedroom and I had let out the 3 boys to run around and have playtime. Squiggy came over to me and will not leave my hand. I am VERY concerned about this and cannot stop crying. I do not know what is wrong.

Am I feeding them wrong? The other babies are runnung around all over the place but not Squiggy. He is just sitting im my hand. He has NEVER done this since I had adopted him. Or is he jealous???

PLEASE HELP ME. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO EXCEPT HOLD HIM.

Chris

#524801 - 04/09/08 10:00 PM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: cjkeenon]
phayzed
Unregistered

diet may have part to do with it.

You should get them on an approved diet. BML, HPW, Priscilla Price's...are all the very most common.

If you click on links at the top of the page, there is a diet section.

Best of luck. I'm sorry I cannot help you more, but someone will be along shortly, I'm positive of it. thumb

#524805 - 04/09/08 10:07 PM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: ]
cyndiekb Offline
Serious Glideritis

Loc: Cornersville TN I'M HOME :)
Any time there is a change in your gliders behavior you should have a vet check done. they hide illnesses and many times when we see it it is too late. A vet check is a must. If not tonight (I would take mine in now) first thing tomorrow. Fecal float and smear and over all check up. Best of luck.

I heart & miss you HALEY

My runaways 4/04 Lilo, 5/04 Dash & Angel

angel Sprite Says GO STEALTH!! at
AtticWorx

#524812 - 04/09/08 10:30 PM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: cyndiekb]
cjkeenon Offline
Joey Member

I went over the diet formu and printed out a lot of pages for diets. I am also calling the vet now to get the 24 hour hospital phone number. I only hope that they can help us.
please pray for my baby to be o.k.

PLEASE!!!!

Chris

and

:rbridge: Lenny, Squiggy, Chachi, Joanie, Thor, Abbey, Hisako, Kieko, Melvin, Pixie, Trixie & Valentino gangel

#524815 - 04/09/08 10:34 PM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: cjkeenon]
cyndiekb Offline
Serious Glideritis

The prayers are coming your way Chris. Just do your best for your boy we will be here for you.

I heart & miss you HALEY

AtticWorx

#524818 - 04/09/08 10:39 PM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: cyndiekb]
cjkeenon Offline
Joey Member

I am on the phone right now with the hospital........

and

:rbridge: Lenny, Squiggy, Chachi, Joanie, Thor, Abbey, Hisako, Kieko, Melvin, Pixie, Trixie & Valentino gangel

#524823 - 04/09/08 11:01 PM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: cjkeenon]
super_stooge
Unregistered

best of luck to you and squiggy and please keep us updated

#524840 - 04/09/08 11:52 PM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: ]
cyndiekb Offline
Serious Glideritis

No word yet? I hope they saw the glider. I will check back. praying for a good out come.

I heart & miss you HALEY

AtticWorx

#524854 - 04/10/08 12:52 AM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: cyndiekb]
cjkeenon Offline
Joey Member

Hi everyone. We just got back from the hospital. The doctor saw Squiggy and she said that I had to change his diet. Just because the other babies are doing fine, Squiggy was not. So, I am ordering more glider food. They are on the BML diet now but Squiggy only wants to eat junk food. Just like us. But he must lose weight. He weighs too much. He will be going back to the doctor again in a few days.

She also said that the new gliders probably did make him a little jealous and that is why he was 'clinging' to me. He feels that I am his 'property'. Well, I told her that I am!!! I will do anything for my babies. She laughed because she says that she feels the same way. I found out that she has suggies also. I felt so much better!! A doctor that truly understood our feelings.

Everyone's prayers worked for Squiggy and he says "Thank You" and so do I. It's great to know that we have friends and family's support.

I will definitely keep everyone updated as to Squiggy and his brothers and sisters health. I think maybe I'll start a little diary for them....

My babies are my world. Without them, I'm just a human being. But with my babies, I'm a Suggie Mom......

I'll keep in touch. Thanks to everyone that prayed. Our prayers were answered thanks to everyone on Glider Central

Thank you my new and forever friends,

Chris
Squiggy, Lenny, Fonzie, Joanie, Chachi and Keiko (Happy Days are here again)

and

#524862 - 04/10/08 02:30 AM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: cjkeenon]
sugarglidersuz Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Chris, I'm so glad you were able to find a glider-experienced vet to assist you tonight. Please continue to keep us updated on Squiggy's progress. I'm going to move his over to diet & Nutrition now smile
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah

Suz' Sugar Gliders

#524898 - 04/10/08 06:18 AM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: sugarglidersuz]
buttercup
Unregistered

AH the evils of suggie junk food lol.

Glad to hear Squiggy is ok. Does he have a wodent or stealth wheel in his cage? If not, get him one. That will come in super handy..like a suggie treadmill lol!

And I'm sure once he gets hungry enough..he'll try the food thats good for him! Their diet is real important..my guys are on bml..and they all like it and eat every bit of it up! I like it cause its super easy to make and everything in the feeding schedule (fruit & veggies to feed with it) have all been calculated with the calcium/phosphors ratios.

#525016 - 04/10/08 10:18 AM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: ]
cjkeenon Offline
Joey Member

Thanks to everyone for caring so much for my baby. He's sleeping ow. I was awake for most of the night checking on him. It's all worth it.

I have 3 wodent wheels and he will not get on one. The other suggies get on them - but not Squiggy. I am on my way today to get more ingredients for the BML diet. I have everything except for the Baby chicken food.

Too bad ther's not a Weight Watchers or Jenny Criag program for suggies....LOL

and

#525035 - 04/10/08 10:44 AM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: cjkeenon]
TracieB Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: Lenexa, KS
If you can get a Steath Wheel you might try that. Some suggies just seem to prefer running on a Stealth. Of course there's no guarantee that a Stealth will make Squiggy want to run!

Glad to hear he's going to be okay. hug2
2 naughty kitties - Chloe & Alek

Waiting at the Rainbow Bridge:
1 spoiled Yorkie, Myles - April 5, 1993-June 5, 2007
1 sweet :wfb: Xavier - August 5, 2007-May 20, 2010
2 sweet :grey: :grey: Nara & Alkina - February, 2006-November, 2011

#525116 - 04/10/08 12:34 PM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: TracieB]
cyndiekb Offline
Serious Glideritis

If you are wondering what a stealth wheel is check this pic out. They are open faced and they has a mesh running track. All 10 of mine love their wheels. You can order thru the link in my siggy line. smile

So glad it is a semi easy fix (as I sit here with my M&M's I can't help but understand your Squiggy will NOT think this is easy)

Attachments
027 Sprite.JPG (41 downloads)
Description: Sprite in wheel

I heart & miss you HALEY

AtticWorx

#525307 - 04/10/08 05:04 PM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: cyndiekb]
Feather Offline
Administrator

Loc: Wisconsin
I am glad that your baby only has weight problems and that you were able to get a veterinarian that was familiar with gliders. Specially one that has gliders too.
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

#525520 - 04/10/08 10:03 PM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: Feather]
KattyM Offline
Serious Glideritis

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
That's great that you found a good glider-knowledgeable vet! If she is not yet in our database, please add her information. heart

My Hiroshi was up to 190 grams and my vet said he needed to get down to 160. It was a true challenge, but I hand fed their food for awhile to make sure Keiko and Tomoki got enough. What was then left over and put in the cage for the night, even if Hiroshi wolfed it all down, was less than before. I also put them in the cage first at night so they can have first dibs at the food. Hiroshi goes in last, right before I go to bed.

Be sure if you don't already have one, to get a gram scale so you can check everyone's weight (especially Squiggy's).

2003: Hiroshi (M)
2009: Herbie (M)

:rbridge:
2002-2004: Keiko (F) and baby Tomoki (M)
2009: Sammy (F), Charlie (F), Murray (M)
2010: BJ (M)
My gallery

#532808 - 04/20/08 04:47 PM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP ME [Re: KattyM]
cjkeenon Offline
Joey Member

Thanks to everone for writing about my baby.

Unfortunately, my baby got even sicker. I am having the hardeest time right now. I could not even write about my Squiggy until today. He passed away on April 14th at 12:31 pm. I took him back to the vet They took x-rays and said that he had a tumor in his little belly. I had the doctor do exploratory surgery on him. They found out that the tumor had attached itslf to the other organs in his body. If they removed the tumor, then they would have to remove the other organs in his little body. I had to make the hardest decision in my life for my baby. I honestly think he knew what would happen to him. He did not want to go to the vet. HE KEPT FIGHTING ME ALL MORNING. But he was losing weight quickly. DID I DO THE RIGHT THING??? I can't stop crying. I am having an 'autopsy' done on him. The doctor took samples of his tissue and I am waiting for the results. They said that I should received them in about 10 to 15 days.

I keep seeing his little eyes looking up at me when I was telling him that I would see him soon to take him home. This is so very hard. I can't think right, I can't breath right. I'm trying to stay strong for my other babies but it's so hard.

I am having his little body cremated and put in an urn so that I can keep my promisee to him by bringing him home. I don't want to talk to anyone about him except other suggie lovers. No one understands how I feel, except all of you. Please pray that my baby is in a better place. I miss my Squiggy......I'll alweays love him forever. He'll always be with me.

I'll love my babies forever,
Chris
and Lenny, Fonzie, Joanie, Chachi and Kieko

and

#532816 - 04/20/08 04:54 PM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP M [Re: cjkeenon]
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Loc: Kansas
hug2 Chris, I am so sorry to hear about Squiggy cry
You did the right thing, so please rest within your heart knowing that he understood that his life was failing, and needed your love, care, and compassion to let him go. I pray that with the grace of god that you will see thru your sadness and find peace knowing that your sweet little one is now truly home. Many blessings and prayers being sent your way.
We are here for you, so please if you need to talk about your baby, share memories, we want to enjoy those with you.
Godspeed little one....

Moving this to Rainbow Memorials -
gangel

#532819 - 04/20/08 04:57 PM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP M [Re: LSardou]
sugarlope Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Loc: in my happy place
I'm so sorry for your loss hug2

#532828 - 04/20/08 05:08 PM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP M [Re: sugarlope]
buttercup
Unregistered

Oh I am so sorry to hear about Squiggy. I know it was a hard decision for you to make, but if he was in pain and he was suffering, then you did the right thing by letting him go. He was a happy little suggie the short time he was here, and had lots of love from you and his suggie buddies. hug2 I think he knew that.

#532834 - 04/20/08 05:28 PM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP M [Re: ]
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Loc: MA
I am so very sorry to hear about Squiggy, but you did the best thing for him. There was nothing else that could be done, sadly and you gave him a gift of love by not making him suffer. God bless and Godspeed little Squiggy.
Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary

#532873 - 04/20/08 06:18 PM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP M [Re: pappy1264]
BeckiT Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Loc: Manitowoc, WI
i'm so sorry for your loss hug2

#532949 - 04/20/08 07:34 PM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP M [Re: BeckiT]
Feather Offline
Administrator

Loc: Wisconsin
hug2 Chris,

I am so sorry for your loss. You did the right thing and he is playing free and whole again over the rainbow bridge.

May your memories of him comfort you in the days to come.

Deepest Sympathy,
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

#533007 - 04/20/08 08:55 PM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP M [Re: Feather]
KittyKatLPN
Unregistered

I am so sorry to hear of your loss! You and your other gliders are in my thoughts and prayers!

#533066 - 04/20/08 10:00 PM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP M [Re: ]
dranger1108 Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: Parsons, Kansas
I'm so sorry for your loss...

:grey: Michelle's Sugar Glider Babies & Toys :wfb:
USDA licensed breeder
http://www.freewebs.com/michellesugarbabytoys/index.htm
Neat glider themed products!
:glider: http://www.zazzle.com/dranger1108/products :glider:

#533293 - 04/21/08 08:57 AM Re: MY GLIDER IS NOT ACTIVE AT ALL - PLEASE HELP M [Re: dranger1108]
kthiessen Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: Columbia, Missouri
I'm so sorry for your loss. hug2

Moderator:  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver, Philwojo 
Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online
3 registered (theresaw, Ladymagyver, RAWRnivore), 15 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Owner, Admin, Mod
Newest Members
Tara24, Sal305, Cherylr1995, SarasotaSugs, Lisa11
6451 Registered Users
Forum Stats
41 posts in the last 24hrs
6452 Members
134 Forums
8999 Topics
148767 Posts

Max Online: 478 @ 07/15/07 01:24 AM
Last 10 New Topics
Hi! I need some help
by RAWRnivore
Today at 05:12 PM
BML Help
by Alan
Yesterday at 04:59 PM
Grieving sugar glider
by Firefly
Yesterday at 01:04 PM
Self Mutilating
by Anonymous
Yesterday at 11:26 AM
Injured Tail W/No Vet Instru/Help!
by
12/13/17 03:57 AM
Recipe for glider yogi's please!
by Claralice
12/12/17 10:03 PM
My Caramel Gliders anything I need to know about neutering?
by Claralice
12/12/17 04:14 PM
Three weeks in, first timer, questions .
by Lisa11
12/12/17 04:42 AM
RIP Spencer
by Cora
12/11/17 04:58 PM
New odor issue??
by AlyCatz
12/08/17 05:37 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
I just found a lump on Timmy's chest--HELP! 20205057
Spencer needs your prayers/good thoughts 12468448
TEXAS 658886