More coming soon!!
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Featured Member
Last 10 Posts
Nail trimming
by Lisa11
0 seconds ago
Confused! Thought I was right now know I am wrong!
by Feather
Today at 01:15 AM
Hi! I need some help
by Feather
Today at 12:55 AM
A Weird Dream
by Claralice
Yesterday at 09:11 PM
Exotic nutrition products
by Claralice
Yesterday at 09:04 PM
Three weeks in, first timer, questions .
by KarenE
12/16/17 11:37 AM
2018 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw
12/15/17 07:04 PM
Self Mutilating
by Ladymagyver
12/15/17 05:53 PM
BML Help
by Ladymagyver
12/15/17 10:21 AM
Injured Tail W/No Vet Instru/Help!
by Terry
12/14/17 09:31 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#649823 - 10/03/08 02:58 PM An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel
Jackie_Chans_Mom Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: Texas
The Glider Initiative wishes to thank all of you in the community who have supported us and our store thus far.
The TGI board has made the decision to discontinue selling or handling of the Custom Cruiser Wheel. As of October 1, the Custom Cruiser Wheel and all rights to the wheel have been transfered SOLELY to the possession of Bourbon. For those of you who wish to purchase the Custom Cruiser Wheel, you will need to direct your questions and inquiries to Bourbon. TGI will not respond to questions about the wheel or requests to purchase this wheel.

Val Betts
PR/Education Director for TGI

PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR SUGAR GROUP SURVEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

#649831 - 10/03/08 03:05 PM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: Jackie_Chans_Mom]
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Loc: MA
Well, I am waiting on mine, will I still be getting them? I sent the money to TGI.
Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary

#649907 - 10/03/08 06:22 PM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: pappy1264]
Trigger Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: Spring, Texas
Mary, I would just call Bourbon and make sure yours are in the works.
www.jensfuzzyfriends.com

#649990 - 10/03/08 08:34 PM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: Trigger]
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

I'll call her this weekend, thanks!
Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary

#649996 - 10/03/08 08:44 PM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: pappy1264]
joan248
Unregistered

Does Bourbon have a web-site?

#653977 - 10/09/08 09:38 PM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: ]
Monster
Unregistered

Can those of us who have purchased the wheel THROUGH TGI please have a more thorough explination?

#654040 - 10/09/08 10:46 PM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: ]
Jackie_Chans_Mom Offline
Glider Addict

Gina - if you have purchased and not received a wheel, please contact me. At this time, TGI has no record of any outstanding orders. I will be happy to take care of this for you if we are in error.

#654128 - 10/10/08 07:24 AM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: Jackie_Chans_Mom]
Monster
Unregistered

No Val, I received my wheel and have been using it - that is my concern.

I may be late in the game, but it has come to my attention that TGI discontinued the wheel because the safety was in question. Since I was never notified, I have to assume that none of the other people who bought this wheel from TGI were ever notified either.

Normally, I might think that this was merely a rumor, however, when the prototype was unveiled at the SGGA, I spoke to Karen myself. She was extremely proud of this wheel and told me how she had personally asked Bourbon to make it for TGI. TGI has gone above and beyond to make sure everyone knew that this was TGI's wheel NOT Bourbon's wheel, and now the project has been dumped like a red-headed step child (no offense to red-headed step children) with absolutely NO explination except to say that it has been discontinued. This makes me think that there is a major problem with the wheel and that everything I have heard is true.

Given the type of organization that TGI is, and that it's ultimate goal is the safety and well-being of all gliders, I would sincerely hope that if there were ANY POSSIBLE REMOTE risk, NO MATTER HOW SMALL, they would do the responsible thing and make a public service announcement so that the people who entrusted their gliders health and well-being to them could make the decision themselves about whether or not to continue using the wheel.

I have removed my Custom Cruiser wheel from my cage until I hear back from TGI regarding this matter. NO suggie's life is worth losing a little face - TGI will earn more trust and respect for handling this properly than by ignoring the problem.

#654133 - 10/10/08 07:27 AM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: ]
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

I am waiting on 5 wheels. I was told it was not a safety issue but a difference in opinion. Please let me know if this is not the case. I have to admit, the post, with no explanation, was unsettling.
Mary

#654141 - 10/10/08 07:42 AM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: pappy1264]
Laurens_Babies Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: Kansas City, MO
It doesn't concern me, I never ordered one (fully stocked up thank goodness) but since reading the first post I have to raise my eyebrows at this whole thing. If it was a personal difference then that is one thing, if it is a safety issue then I'm sure Bourbon is addressing it. But either way it needs to be stated, otherwise it makes all parties look bad. So back in my corner.

Lauren's Animal Kingdom
*Website is down temporarily should be back up by November!*

#654149 - 10/10/08 07:47 AM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: Laurens_Babies]
sugarglidersuz Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
There is NOT a safety issue with the Cruiser Wheel. There was simply a difference of attitude about the direction the wheel was going and TGI did not want to head in the direction Bourbon did. Rest assured, all gliders using the Cruiser Wheel are perfectly safe. No, I'm not a member of the TGI board, but I AM at Karen/sugeebaby's home right now for the Glider Expo and we have discussed the subject at length.
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah

Suz' Sugar Gliders

#654153 - 10/10/08 08:00 AM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: sugarglidersuz]
Monster
Unregistered

Is Helen's wheel the ONLY wheel that was made with the screws super glued in? Do we all need to check our wheels for that component? How does TGI know which customers got wheels that had it and which wheels did not?

This is what confuses me...

#654155 - 10/10/08 08:05 AM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: ]
Amanda1981
Unregistered

The only component that I am aware of that needed to be changed was the screws. Anyone who has the screws in the white part on the back of the wheel is to replace those screws with PVC filler (available at Home Depot and Lowes). There is a minor squeeking that I have found to be easily fixed, but other than that, I heard nothing. dunno

#654165 - 10/10/08 08:17 AM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: ]
Jackie_Chans_Mom Offline
Glider Addict

Originally Posted By: Monster

I may be late in the game, but it has come to my attention that TGI discontinued the wheel because the safety was in question.

TGI NEVER said this. NEVER. It has only come to your attention through the speculation of others.

TGI and Bourbon both are very concerned about safety. IF the safety were in question, TGI never would have suggested that others purchase additional wheels by going directly to Bourbon.

#654174 - 10/10/08 08:36 AM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: Jackie_Chans_Mom]
Monster
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Jackie_Chans_Mom
TGI NEVER said this. NEVER. It has only come to your attention through the speculation of others.

I know TGI never said this Val, TGI never said anything. And you are right, it did come to my attention through speculation. That's what happens when things aren't addressed publicly - people speculate & things get blow out of proportion.

I really want to emphasize that I'm not trying to start drama here, I DO support TGI and what the organization is trying to acheive. But I need to support open communication in the best interest of the suggies first and foremost - all I'm asking for are a couple of answers to give peace of mind to the suggie owners who bought these wheels.

I'm NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMASTANCES saying TGI or Bourbon are liers, I just want to know what steps were taken after the glue was discovered in Helen's wheel to #1: Find out which other wheels had the glue in them, and #2: Notify those owners of the risk involved.

I really don't think I'm being unreasonable here.

#654175 - 10/10/08 08:40 AM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: ]
Jackie_Chans_Mom Offline
Glider Addict

Gina- IF your wheel had glue on it, you would have been contacted directly by Bourbon and instructed how to remove the screws safely and replace them. Just as Amanda posted above.

Bourbon working to ensure that the glue issue was remedied and TGI discontinuing the sale of the wheels are NOT related events AT ALL.

Edited by Jackie_Chans_Mom (10/10/08 08:44 AM)

#654180 - 10/10/08 08:47 AM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: Jackie_Chans_Mom]
Monster
Unregistered

Bourbon did call me and told me that the screws were there to fill the holes - that the screws had no other purpose and I could take them out if I wanted AND if I didn't feel my gliders might get their toes stuck in the holes. There was NEVER any mention of super glue or any possible health risk other than that IF I took them out, a toe could get stuck in the remaining holes!

#654181 - 10/10/08 08:49 AM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: ]
Monster
Unregistered

I will remove the screws when I get home & look for glue...

#654187 - 10/10/08 09:20 AM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: ]
Monster
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Amanda1981
Anyone who has the screws in the white part on the back of the wheel is to replace those screws with PVC filler (available at Home Depot and Lowes).

What is PVC filler?

#654188 - 10/10/08 09:22 AM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: ]
Amanda1981
Unregistered

It hardens just like PVC. It's a plastic filler that goes in like caulk.

#654189 - 10/10/08 09:24 AM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: ]
Monster
Unregistered

Is that safe?

#654190 - 10/10/08 09:25 AM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: ]
Amanda1981
Unregistered

When it dries it's just plastic, just like the PVC you use in the repts.

#654191 - 10/10/08 09:26 AM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: ]
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

You can also get little plastic inserts I believe to put in the holes at Lowe's and Home depot.
Mary

#654192 - 10/10/08 09:32 AM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: pappy1264]
Monster
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Amanda1981
When it dries it's just plastic, just like the PVC you use in the repts.

Like hard plastic, or like rubber? Sorry, I'm a girly girl...

Originally Posted By: pappy1264
You can also get little plastic inserts I believe to put in the holes at Lowe's and Home depot.

That sounds better - as long as they fit snug, so they can't pull them out & chew em up...I wonder what section they'd be in - have you bought them before Mary?

#654197 - 10/10/08 09:41 AM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: ]
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

I have for other things. They sort of look like the little things that cover screws when you put cabinets together. They are made for covering holes. I will be swinging by there this weekend, so will get the exact name of them.
Mary

#654514 - 10/10/08 07:47 PM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: pappy1264]
Monster
Unregistered

Update - I just took my screws out, well only 3 of them because the 4th is stuck (don't know what I'm going to do about that). There WAS super glue on my screws that I was NOT made aware of. I am very upset about this, to put it mildly.

If I didn't know, who else doesn't know? Check your screws...

#654521 - 10/10/08 07:57 PM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: ]
Laurens_Babies Offline
Glider Addict

Gina were you told there was no super glue?

Lauren's Animal Kingdom

#654523 - 10/10/08 07:58 PM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: Laurens_Babies]
Monster
Unregistered

I wasn't told there WAS...

#654528 - 10/10/08 08:03 PM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: ]
Laurens_Babies Offline
Glider Addict

I thought it was public knowledge that there was super glue on the wheels??

Lauren's Animal Kingdom

#654530 - 10/10/08 08:05 PM Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel [Re: Laurens_Babies]
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Loc: Denton, TX
It is now!

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver, Philwojo 
Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online
1 registered (Lisa11), 8 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Owner, Admin, Mod
Newest Members
RAWRnivore, Tara24, Sal305, Cherylr1995, SarasotaSugs
6452 Registered Users
Forum Stats
29 posts in the last 24hrs
6453 Members
134 Forums
9003 Topics
148807 Posts

Max Online: 478 @ 07/15/07 01:24 AM
Last 10 New Topics
Confused! Thought I was right now know I am wrong!
by Claralice
Yesterday at 07:25 PM
Nail trimming
by ptamom
Yesterday at 06:19 PM
A Weird Dream
by Ladymagyver
Yesterday at 08:23 AM
Hi! I need some help
by RAWRnivore
12/15/17 05:12 PM
BML Help
by Alan
12/14/17 04:59 PM
Grieving sugar glider
by Firefly
12/14/17 01:04 PM
Self Mutilating
by Anonymous
12/14/17 11:26 AM
Injured Tail W/No Vet Instru/Help!
by
12/13/17 03:57 AM
Recipe for glider yogi's please!
by Claralice
12/12/17 10:03 PM
My Caramel Gliders anything I need to know about neutering?
by Claralice
12/12/17 04:14 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
I just found a lump on Timmy's chest--HELP! 20205129
Spencer needs your prayers/good thoughts 12468630
TEXAS 659302
Pitbull biter needs advice/help 608556
OHIO 520495
Member Titles 461362
MISSOURI 395298
HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's 372680
OKLAHOMA 354968