New odor issue??
by AlyCatz
Is a glider right for me?
by Mlsracer
11:49 AM
RIP Spencer
by KarenE
09:41 AM
Three weeks in, first timer, questions .
by Ladymagyver
07:51 AM
Dear Crabby
by Terry
07:26 PM
Blindnedd in red eye gliders
by Srlb
12/10/17 10:54 AM
Lighter Gliders??
by AlyCatz
12/09/17 10:14 PM
Bing, bing, bing.... It's
by Terry
12/09/17 07:13 PM
Happy Birthday Nejwig
by KarenE
12/08/17 09:15 AM
Round 3 the swelling starts
by Terry
12/08/17 07:45 AM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#736482 - 02/16/09 12:53 PM Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels
DirtyPaws Offline
Glider Slave

Loc: Wichita Falls, Texas
jump

I want to see what everyone's cruiser wheels look like! AND I want to hear what features you choose for yours and what you think.

I'm deciding between a cruiser and a stealth (I need 2) and would like to get as much as I can out of everyone!

thanks

Edited by DirtyPaws (02/16/09 12:54 PM)
Edit Reason: can't spell

Dot Dot heart Woobie heart Isabella heart Beetlejuice

heart Blitzy&Ella ~ Twinkie&Tiramisu ~ Dolly&Doobie

heart Taaska & Sadie ~ Teddy Bear Doodle & Sasha

heart Tiki, MoJo, Ruckus, Napoleon

#736641 - 02/16/09 06:15 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: DirtyPaws]
Amanda1981
Unregistered

Oh Man... My gliders can't get enough of their cruisers! You can see my review here: http://www.flyingmarsupial.com/wheel.html

I have 2 now, one with a full bounce and the other (that's shown in the picture) with no bounce. The one in the review has a plastic track, and my full bounce has the PVC coated wire track. Let me just say... both... AWESOME. If I had it to do over, I'd probably pick the PVC coated wire for both, but it all depends on your gliders whether the bounce is for you or not. dunno

I also have a stealth, and they've all had their hands on it, but I am looking to replace the stealth, just because I like the track and the bounce better.

OH! Kite, my fattest glider, has lost ALL HER extra weight because of the full bounce wheel! It makes her work a little harder, so she's been feelin' the burn! She's as skinny as Pegasus now! (her always skinnier twin) clap

#736654 - 02/16/09 06:41 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: ]
Trigger Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: Spring, Texas
Here is one of my 4. I have one in all three cages and one in the bathroom for playtime.

My guys love them. I only got one with the coated wire track and a little bounce and I love it. I wish I had chosen the wire track on all 4.

CC Wheel
CC Back
Doubles as a wrestling arena
www.jensfuzzyfriends.com

#736698 - 02/16/09 07:55 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: Trigger]
DirtyPaws Offline
Glider Slave

Oh my! That between-the-legs headlock is TOO much!

And yay for Kite! I know exactly what it's like to be the FAT sister. And then get skinny! LOL

I know I would want the full bounce, at least on one, for our sweet little 'pork chop.' But I'm thinking for the kids cage (there will be 4 in there) I would want the wide track for group running and WWF wrestling of course!

Oh, Trigger it looks like a little strip for trimming nails on yours. Is it? An option? Or a do-it-yourself?

And is Bourbon the only one who can tell me what colors she has available? I'll be calling her when I get my mind made up anyway.

Thank you guys!

Anyone else? Pictures? Comments?

#736800 - 02/16/09 10:30 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: DirtyPaws]
minkasmom Offline
Serious Glideritis

Loc: Northeast Indiana
I have a colony-size Custom Cruiser with FULL bounce...and what FUN it is to watch my suggies playing with it. For the first few days after I put it in, my babies were very curious and a little taken back at how BIG it is...but after they started to adjust to it, the fun began! The most that I've seen in there at one time has been 3: One poor baby is running for all they're worth while the other 2 hang onto the inside for the ride! roflmao What a circus we have when the runner falls "out of synch".

I have a bunch of buff boys in the M-cage now, and Miss Minka needs to get back in there when she heals to work off her "baby fat". I think I need to get at couple more (maybe regular size) with the full bounce for my "fluffy" cages.
5 cats,
and ONE husband (can't handle two, lol!)
gangel Remembering all my lost loves cry

#736805 - 02/16/09 10:41 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: minkasmom]
DirtyPaws Offline
Glider Slave

How wide is your colony cruiser? Is it wider than the wide track in Amanda's picture?

Looking at Amanda's wide track when she puts her hand up to it, it seems to be a pretty good size already.

#736807 - 02/16/09 10:46 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: minkasmom]
Sherri Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: Big Sandy TN
I have 6 CC wheels right now and three more in the future. All my babies love them. Sorry I really cant help alot with options since I tell Bourbon to give me a fuul,half and no bounce but other than that I dont give her any other specifics. Just whatever she feels like making me. I'm easy like that. LOL

I know she has yellow,blue,red and of course the green theraputic one.

Forever home to a wide variety of animals, domestic, farm and exotic.
My passion is my little suggie sweethearts! 731-441-9814

http://www.newbysglidernook.com/index.html

#736811 - 02/16/09 10:57 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: Sherri]
Guerita135 Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: Ohio
How much do the Custom Cruisers cost? I'd like to get some but keep procrastinating to call bourbon. tounge

Proudly enslaved by lots of silly suggies, 3 crazy kitties, a huffy hedgie, and a pretty puppy! grin

#736815 - 02/16/09 11:08 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: Guerita135]
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Loc: 80 acres of paradise in KS
Oh I can't WAIT for the SGGA! I'm going to be getting two of them that are on 4 foot tall stands, extra wide track and bounce for my play room. I've ordered them but I don't even know how much they are going to cost.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.

#736817 - 02/16/09 11:10 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: Sherri]
josefine Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: Perry, Iowa
i had bourbon make me a full bouncer & a 1/2 one.
& the baby in my family is the one who can run it!!!
i think my 'fluffie' ones must just be lazy!!! but, they are getting the hang of it. i have a total of 5 wheels now.
wodent, wobust, 1/2 bounce, full bounce, & one made by gvf, or tgi, suggiebabies anyway. the trim traxx from suncoast can fit into them also, so i'm happy about that,too.
the wheels are really the most favorite toy for them rite now. the end of this summer, when we will be finished w/their room, i plan on making it into a whole jungle for them. i figured, if i kept buying a little @ a time, once it's done, i will have boughten a lot of stuff for them.
i have to get busy & order stuff on here real soon. i've seen so many great toys for them on here, that i really don't know where to begin. i need big stuff though, since their cages will be used primarily to eat & sleep in, otherwise everything else will be out in the room from the ceiling & on shelves for them.
i hope you will be able to get them a variety of wheels, as i have, so they can decide which ones they like the best.
i still do plan on a stealth myself, just haven't done it yet.
talk @ ya L8R
josefine
515/321-6081cell#
j.vodenik@hotmail.com

#736822 - 02/16/09 11:19 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: Sherri]
DirtyPaws Offline
Glider Slave

What is the theraputic one?

My daughter would want the green one for the cage in her room, but of course not if it's not appropriate.

#736852 - 02/17/09 12:04 AM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: DirtyPaws]
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Loc: Kansas
The therapeutic wheel has magnets built inside of it to help gliders who are dealing with issues, whether it be emotionally, psychologically, or physically. It can be used for gliders who are not experiencing problems too. The magnets will help strengthen and build their immune system, it also will aid it balancing digestion, increases their energy levels and some have shown to even sleep better.
If anyone has questions about the 'magnets' please don't hesitate to PM me with your questions.

#737068 - 02/17/09 02:01 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: LSardou]
Suggieluvin Offline
Glider Lover

Loc: Chattanooga, TN
Whats the best way to place an order for one (and find out pricing?)?
3 dogs~Binki,Roscoe,and Foxy
5 cats~Miss.Kitty,Lexi,Bailey,Kip & Miss Pickels
2 cockatoos~Frosty & Lovey
9 sugar gliders~Leelann,Luwie,Sydney,Seira,Norbert,Nilee, Elfie,Bindi & RooRoo
1 salt water tank
http://www.freewebs.com/suggieluvin/

#737075 - 02/17/09 02:20 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: Suggieluvin]
Amanda1981
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: DirtyPaws
How wide is your colony cruiser? Is it wider than the wide track in Amanda's picture?

Looking at Amanda's wide track when she puts her hand up to it, it seems to be a pretty good size already.
The normal one is a pretty wide track as it is, but the colony cruiser is a couple inches wider, from what I understand. dunno I KNOW I've seen one in person, but I just can't remember... frown

Originally Posted By: Suggieluvin
Whats the best way to place an order for one (and find out pricing?)?
You have to contact Bourbon to order them. All of her contact info is in her profile. smile

#737078 - 02/17/09 02:29 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: ]
Vickirs
Unregistered

Amanda, didn't B have one at the Ohio get together in Oct?

#737080 - 02/17/09 02:36 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: Suggieluvin]
DirtyPaws Offline
Glider Slave

Linda ~ thanks for the theraputic wheel info. The green wheel would actually be for a pouch protective female (who I will work more aggressively with when our joeys are weaned) and her chubby mate. sounds like it may be good for them actually!

* ~ New Question ~ *

Has anyone tried the full bounce for a chubby glider just to find they wouldn't use it? Josefine mentioned hers were 'getting the hang of it' so the question above comes to mind.

Edited by DirtyPaws (02/17/09 02:38 PM)
Edit Reason: Someone answered faster

#737082 - 02/17/09 02:45 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: DirtyPaws]
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Linda ~ thanks for the theraputic wheel info. The green wheel would actually be for a pouch protective female (who I will work more aggressively with when our joeys are weaned) and her chubby mate. Sounds like it may be good for them actually!

I feel that whatever type of psychological problem that a glider is dealing with, this will help with releasing some of their repressed emotions.

As far as working with a pouch protective glider, I would suggest that you discuss this with Bourbon since she has some specific guidelines that should be followed while working with your PP glider.

#737104 - 02/17/09 03:59 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: LSardou]
CharmedSuggies Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: Dayton, Ohio
This is one of two Cruiser wheels I just bought this Jan.

Cruiser Wheel 1

1. Full Bounce
2. Wheel Height: Stands 8 inches (from the bottom of cage to bottom of wheel)
3. Width: I think I went with 4 inches. (useable track that they run on)

Cruiser Wheel 2

1. Full Bounce
2. Wheel Height: Stands 14 inches
3. Width: 4 inches

I LOVE the cruiser wheels. My babies run on it all night and I mean all night. The cruiser wheel actually got one of my babies to run in the wheel. They used to have stealth's and it was just not interesting enough for him I guess.

Brat Pack
Roxy, Eddie, Lily :bb:

Crabby Crew
Brutus Theodore, Hugo Bug, Lulu :wfb: :leu:

Akeesha, Orion & Niko :rtmo:

SFS
Bella Belle mlove

#737105 - 02/17/09 04:00 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: CharmedSuggies]
CharmedSuggies Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: Dayton, Ohio
Vicki, yes she did. She put one of her full bounce ones in our raffle.

Brat Pack
Roxy, Eddie, Lily :bb:

Crabby Crew
Brutus Theodore, Hugo Bug, Lulu :wfb: :leu:

Akeesha, Orion & Niko :rtmo:

SFS
Bella Belle mlove

#737109 - 02/17/09 04:09 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: CharmedSuggies]
Sherri Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: Big Sandy TN
I think that pretty much everything can be customized with this wheel which makes it great too!

Want a wider track? You got it!
Want a red front and a blue back? You got it!
You want shorter stand? You got it!
Want a taller stand? You got it!

From what B tells me the possibilities are endless!

Forever home to a wide variety of animals, domestic, farm and exotic.
My passion is my little suggie sweethearts! 731-441-9814

http://www.newbysglidernook.com/index.html

#737131 - 02/17/09 04:44 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: Sherri]
Jaimee
Unregistered

Hey guys, I need a new wheel... where do you order these?

#737197 - 02/17/09 07:03 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: ]
minkasmom Offline
Serious Glideritis

Loc: Northeast Indiana
Fifteen postings later, Crystal, I went into the glider-torium and measured the width of my track: From front frame to back, the track is 8" wide. I have the "full bounce" feature I think on this, it rocks & rolls BIG TIMES. My pole is a good 12" above the base and daffodil yellow.

I paid $40 for it & it's worth EVERY PENNY. grin
5 cats,
and ONE husband (can't handle two, lol!)
gangel Remembering all my lost loves cry

#737212 - 02/17/09 07:33 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: minkasmom]
GliderLove Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: SE Minnesota..
So better then the stealth then? I need to get a few more wheels, and I like stealths but these sound better!

& all my fuzzies!
Breeder of Leu's, Mosaics, wfb, and standard grey's.
Owner of www.MySugarAddiction.com

:rtmo: :leu:

#737245 - 02/17/09 09:14 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: GliderLove]
DeeDancer Offline
Glider Guardian

Loc: Las Vegas, NV/Columbus, OH
I have never owned a stealth, but when I was talking to Bourbon about the custom cruisers she made it very clear to me that the cruiser is not better or worse than the stealth-they are different. It's evident that the gliders have to WORK to use the cruisers, and I say this because it took a while for my gliders to figure out how to get it to go around. Now that they've got it though I hear their little nails clicking on it all the time. And that's the ONLY thing I hear...it's sooo quiet (but then, so is the stealth, right?)
I would definitely say get a cruiser and see if you and your gliders like it smile

(702)250-5236

#737271 - 02/17/09 09:49 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: GliderLove]
Amanda1981
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: GliderLove
So better then the stealth then? I need to get a few more wheels, and I like stealths but these sound better!
Not better, just very different! They're customizable, so they can be whatever you want them to be.

#737317 - 02/17/09 11:02 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: ]
DirtyPaws Offline
Glider Slave

WOW! I have some VERY useful information here! Thank you all so much. Hearing everyone's experiences is so very helpful!

I think I'm going with the colony cruiser for the kids ~ I really appreciate you taking measurements.

And I think a tall theraputic cruiser for my other 2. And yes, I do have plans to get with Bourbon. We attempted a call one night but I was too late getting my PM and she had already turned her phone off. Anyway, Taaska is sleeping in a hammock now and that alone has made a huge difference. As far as reaching in the cage, well, Tiki & MoJo ain't about to let that cage door come open without getting some momma love! I couldn't get to Taaska if I tried. So as soon as the new babies are weaned I can put all the kids in the mansion that arrived today (yipee!) and I can have some 'quiet' time with momma. I'm really looking forward to bonding with her. I've followed everyone's posts dealing with their own so I'm very hopeful.

Oh, did I miss it? Did anyone say anything about nail trimming in the cruiser. I clip mine but it would be nice for them to not get SO sharp!

#737334 - 02/17/09 11:39 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: DirtyPaws]
Amanda1981
Unregistered

Oh, did I miss it? Did anyone say anything about nail trimming in the cruiser. I clip mine but it would be nice for them to not get SO sharp!
The stealth nail trimmers do fit the cruisers, so you'd be safe to buy those. I don't think Bourbon makes any specifically for the CC wheel though. dunno

#737362 - 02/18/09 01:09 AM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: ]
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Loc: 80 acres of paradise in KS
Really, comparing the Stealth to the Crusier is not a fair thing. They really are very different. They are only similar in that they use bucket lids and they are both quiet and safe. The entire construction of them is different.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.

#740400 - 02/24/09 01:04 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: Dancing]
aronoiiel
Unregistered

Is Bourbon still taking orders on wheels?

#740429 - 02/24/09 01:50 PM Re: Show & Tell CustomCruiser Wheels [Re: ]
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

As far as I know she still is. You will need to send her a pm to place an order.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver, Philwojo 
Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online
3 registered (AlyCatz, Mlsracer, SarasotaSugs), 22 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Owner, Admin, Mod
Newest Members
SarasotaSugs, Lisa11, JessicaSound, MRK, Ronin
6448 Registered Users
Forum Stats
17 posts in the last 24hrs
6448 Members
134 Forums
8986 Topics
148622 Posts

Max Online: 478 @ 07/15/07 01:24 AM
Last 10 New Topics
Three weeks in, first timer, questions .
by Lisa11
04:42 AM
RIP Spencer
by Cora
04:58 PM
New odor issue??
by AlyCatz
12/08/17 05:37 PM
Lighter Gliders??
by AlyCatz
12/08/17 05:25 PM
Bing, bing, bing.... It's
by Terry
12/08/17 09:33 AM
Blindnedd in red eye gliders
by mechnut450
12/08/17 06:28 AM
Happy Birthday Nejwig
by Feather
12/07/17 05:33 PM
Been Distracted...
by Ladymagyver
12/06/17 07:25 PM
Introductions - two male Joey's meeting 8 year old recently single
by 3dymondsgliders
12/05/17 03:57 PM
is the stuff critter love sells the same as the HPW mix??
by Athena26
12/05/17 03:48 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
I just found a lump on Timmy's chest--HELP! 20204905
Spencer needs your prayers/good thoughts 12468310
TEXAS 658378
Pitbull biter needs advice/help 606799
OHIO 518974
Member Titles 460580
MISSOURI 394103
HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's 371635
OKLAHOMA 353929