Join Us On Facebook
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#913232 - 02/28/10 04:37 PM Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2
sugarlope Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Loc: in my happy place
Read Part 1

#913234 - 02/28/10 04:53 PM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: sugarlope]
minkasmom Offline
Serious Glideritis

Loc: Northeast Indiana
cry Cora, my heart is sinking to read this...I was SO SINCERELY HOPING that things would improve. But it doesn't sound like this happening at all.

I ache to read that a crossroads is quickly coming...and I know that your heart will be the best guide that anyone could have.

I'm with you in spirit.... hug2
5 cats,
and ONE husband (can't handle two, lol!)
gangel Remembering all my lost loves cry

#913240 - 02/28/10 05:07 PM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: minkasmom]
Tish84 Offline
Glider Slave

Loc: Orlando, FL
I'm so sorry Cora that things aren't better. I hope things improve because I don't want you to have to make that extremely hard decision.
I have just started reading Spencer's story a few weeks ago when I saw ur video and I was hoping things were improving for this little guy.

I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Lana (Siberian Husky)
2 Turtles
Bunny
:bb: :leu: :wfb: :rtmo: :cream:
Lily Fawkes Kingsley Ice Regulus Romeo Mimkin Saturn Jupiter Taiyou Kat Julianna

Glide Free My little Lily And Ice (Miss you every day)

www.fancysuggies.com

#913244 - 02/28/10 05:23 PM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: Tish84]
ozzi Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: Sedona, AZ
cry Cora my heart breaks reading this. I can't even "Go there" in the decision you have to make. cry
I will be praying for you and the Spencer Man. I will pray to Boo-Boo to help the Spencer Man. ANYTHING to help the Spencer Man get through this and be with you happy and pain free for years to come angel

Rest in Peace our little sweet friends that have crossed over the "Rainbow Bridge".
I miss you gangel Boo-Boo, Lucy, BJ, and Fivel gangel

#913246 - 02/28/10 05:32 PM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: ozzi]
TTrusty Offline
Glider Lover

Loc: Southern Iowa
Cora , I am very sorry to have to read this. I brings back the decision I had to make a month ago. You will know in your heart when the time is. Just remember he will not suffer anymore. I am very sorry

Zoey and Teeka

Rockie, Bo and Hamilton

Sadie, Levi, Maggie, and Radar (dogs)
RIP Tippy (rescue)

Three human kids Natosha, Skylar, Keith
And a now new grand baby Abby

Glide Free My Boy MoMo
We will always Love You

#913273 - 02/28/10 07:10 PM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: TTrusty]
Temulin Offline
Glider Lover

Loc: United States
I'm so sorry to hear about your little guy, Cora. You're awesome for taking such good care of him - that sounds like so much work and heart ache. I don't know his full medical story, so I'm sorry I can't offer any ideas. It sounds like you have a great team of vets looking after him and you're doing all you can to make him comfortable and happy. I'll be praying for Spencer and your family - I hope he makes a turn around. I hope he pulls through!

:grey: Lord Feverstone

#913290 - 02/28/10 08:11 PM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: Temulin]
hwh4ev Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: roseville, mi
i dont know if you thought of this but if all the meds
spencer has been on is not helping him, maybe you could
try a natural animal doctor and try natural remedies. i know they work for people and dogs, hopefully our gliders.
just a thought for the pain you and spencer are going
thru.
my prayers go out to spencer and you.

take care,
nancy in detroit

Edited by hwh4ev (03/01/10 08:13 AM)

#913375 - 03/01/10 07:53 AM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: hwh4ev]
CalamityAnnie
Unregistered

Saying a extra special prayer for you both..!

#913383 - 03/01/10 08:20 AM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: ]
Cora Offline
Serious Glideritis

Loc: Kilgore, Texas
last night he did pretty good til bout 630 then he started fussing. Even with the antibiotic plus pain and oragel max strength it did not stop, just more intense fussing. Still trying to get him comfy. He weighs 121 grams, 5 down from last week. He eats mealies and waxies and picks at his food. He does still eat the grape we share at lunch everyday. A wise woman called me yesterday and told me that I will know when its time by looking in his eyes, he will tell me...................................I just hope I am listening....................................So Spenny and I are going to have fun, I will not forcefeed him and when he tells me its time, I hope you all will understand. Keeping the magnets in bonding and sleeping pouch for now....it cant hurt right?

http://www.freewebs.com/angelfish_37/index.htm

#913385 - 03/01/10 08:29 AM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: ]
Their_mommy Offline
Glider Guardian

Loc: Canton Tx
Cora and Spencer, I know that you both are having a really bad time and my prayers are with you both.
We know that saying special prayers are heard at times and I believe that sometimes we don't think so and my belief is that God is a really busy person with all of the mayhem going on the his world.
But if we all send lots of prayers with Spencer and Cora in them then maybe they will get through and God will have a moment to take care of little Spencer and make him well and give him many happy years with Cora.
So here is my prayer for you both.

Our Savior, we ask that you find the time and love to help Cora and Spencer through this hard time. We know that they are both wonderful beings and are only waiting for your love and compassion to help them through this hard time with the sickness of Spencer.
Give Cora the answers that she needs to help Spencer through this and point her in the right direction to make this happen.
And please Lord. Fill Spencer's heart with the calmness and serenity that you have the power to give, so that he will awake tonight and be still and calm and to not hurt himself any longer. He is a cherished soul and Cora needs her little man to be healthy and happy and a carefree little Glider like you made him the day he was born.
Watch over them and keep them both calm in spirit and let them know in your way that if there is a decision to make as to sending little Spencer on to you that it will be because you need to add one more Glider to your glider part of heaven.
Thank you God and I pray that their heart is not heavy any longer.
Amen

#913386 - 03/01/10 08:36 AM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: Their_mommy]
Cora Offline
Serious Glideritis

Amen!!!

#913391 - 03/01/10 08:54 AM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: Cora]
minkasmom Offline
Serious Glideritis

Loc: Northeast Indiana
Amen... angel angel watch over you both. hug2
5 cats,
and ONE husband (can't handle two, lol!)
gangel Remembering all my lost loves cry

#913413 - 03/01/10 10:48 AM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: Their_mommy]
ozzi Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: Sedona, AZ
Amen, Amen, Amen angel
Come on Spencer we all love you mlove

Rest in Peace our little sweet friends that have crossed over the "Rainbow Bridge".
I miss you gangel Boo-Boo, Lucy, BJ, and Fivel gangel

#913431 - 03/01/10 11:54 AM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: ozzi]
mommawannabe Offline
Glider Slave

Loc: Roanoke, Virginia
Amen

Oh Cora, please know I am there hugging you both saying prayers and thinking of you. Yes hon you will know. I just don't have any words right now, just know I will support you no matter how or when. Much love to both you and Spencer.

Anna
Bunnies-Foo&Friday
Hedgies-Sweet Pea,Dobby,Bambi,DarthVader,Lexy,Shadow, Willow & Thatch.
suggies-Izzy, Miley~Toff, Jasper~Twinkie, Nix~Ash, Nash~Riley, Barney~Spryte~Pixie, Apollo~Athena.
Turtles - Shelly~Petunia

www.suggiebabies.com

#913479 - 03/01/10 02:03 PM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: mommawannabe]
Usha77 Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: Greeley, CO
Amen! hug2
Eugene, Sandy, Seri; Bobbi, Spice; Star, Squiddi; Pearl, Pip; Petrie; Jimny, Pinocchio; Anna & Elsa
And Nacho (dog)
RIP my glider angels: Nynaeve, Poppy, Lan, Toffee, Zoey, Tika & Tas

mlove
Help us help gliders!

www.sugargroup.org

#913521 - 03/01/10 04:06 PM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: Usha77]
victoriarose1982 Offline
Glider Slave

Loc: Seattle, Washginton, USA
hug2 Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Glide free Hope, Cayden, and Zoey

victoriarose1982@yahoo.com
http://sugarcombs.webs.com/
http://www.sugargliderads.com/

#913558 - 03/01/10 05:09 PM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: victoriarose1982]
Temulin Offline
Glider Lover

Loc: United States
Ooooh - it breaks my heart just reading this. I'll keep praying for you both.

Can you get the little guy to eat mushy, snacky foods just to get his appetite up at all? I'm sure you've probably done this already, but baby food, yogurt, honey type of mixes might be good. Berries and raw juice might help too. :< Maybe sprinkle some extra bee's pollen on his wormies so he gets the vitamins.

:grey: Lord Feverstone

#913565 - 03/01/10 05:26 PM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: Temulin]
gliderfun2
Unregistered

Sloop sorry Cora. ........hugssssssss

#913568 - 03/01/10 05:27 PM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: Temulin]
gliderfun2
Unregistered

Sooo sorry Cora. ........hugssssssss

#913592 - 03/01/10 06:30 PM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: Their_mommy]
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: Their_mommy
Cora and Spencer, I know that you both are having a really bad time and my prayers are with you both.
We know that saying special prayers are heard at times and I believe that sometimes we don't think so and my belief is that God is a really busy person with all of the mayhem going on the his world.
But if we all send lots of prayers with Spencer and Cora in them then maybe they will get through and God will have a moment to take care of little Spencer and make him well and give him many happy years with Cora.

Our Savior, we ask that you find the time and love to help Cora and Spencer through this hard time. We know that they are both wonderful beings and are only waiting for your love and compassion to help them through this hard time with the sickness of Spencer.
Give Cora the answers that she needs to help Spencer through this and point her in the right direction to make this happen.
And please Lord. Fill Spencer's heart with the calmness and serenity that you have the power to give, so that he will awake tonight and be still and calm and to not hurt himself any longer. He is a cherished soul and Cora needs her little man to be healthy and happy and a carefree little Glider like you made him the day he was born.
Watch over them and keep them both calm in spirit and let them know in your way that if there is a decision to make as to sending little Spencer on to you that it will be because you need to add one more Glider to your glider part of heaven.
Amen

This prayer says everything that I'm feeling for you and Spencer too Cora.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Spencer.
hug2

#913626 - 03/01/10 08:22 PM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: LSardou]
hiah74
Unregistered

Cora,

Just read all of Spencer's story from this thread and the one that preceded it. We are thinking of you and praying for you and Spencer here! Much love going out to your sweet little guy!

#913834 - 03/02/10 12:47 PM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: LSardou]
Gizmogirl Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By: LSardou
Originally Posted By: Their_mommy

Amen

This prayer says everything that I'm feeling for you and Spencer too Cora.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Spencer.
hug2

hug2 AMEN!!!! hug2

RIP Sugar 2009 & Kaida 2013

#913842 - 03/02/10 12:57 PM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: Gizmogirl]
CalamityAnnie
Unregistered

Amen! hug2

#913861 - 03/02/10 01:17 PM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: ]
hwh4ev Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: roseville, mi
amen. get well little spencer.

regards,
nancy in detroit

#914204 - 03/03/10 01:32 AM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: hwh4ev]
Bourbon Offline
Serious Glideritis

Loc: Bee-Bopping round SnakePit USA
Amen...

My heart and prayers are with both of you, I hope you both find peace in each other and the lost time is made up..

Cora, I know this goes without saying, but..

Love, him, savor each moment you two have together, become one.. make those memories last a lifetime..

My love to you both..

SGGA

CustomCruiser

BML

Sugar Glider Genetic Project

321-331-1608

#914236 - 03/03/10 06:15 AM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: Bourbon]
littlenitro Offline
Glider Explorer

Loc: florida
amen,i love you and spencer and will be here for you,call me anytime,you know if im not up i will call you back.you dont have to go thru this alone .you do have friends that love you and that handsome little boy.give him a kiss for me and tell him auntie nitro loves him..and ill give you a hug when i get down there..

#914310 - 03/03/10 10:21 AM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: littlenitro]
bdeese
Unregistered

AMEN!

HUGS to you both! We are praying for you here!

#914463 - 03/03/10 07:18 PM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: ]
Cora Offline
Serious Glideritis

Thank Goodness I am not alone, I know I have an entire glider community to lean on.................that is awesome!! And I love each and every one of you! I picked up some sm tz antibiotics today from the vet........suggested by another vet to my vet................it cant hurt, he very well may have an infection up in there ...........could be caused from mouth bacteria or Lord only knows. Dr. Reese Is consulting with other vets and Dr. Antinoff told him of the vet website, he has to wait a few days for the criminal history and license check but when he can get in there she gave him the names of some cloaca info to read. I have backed off of Spencers meds a little and concentrating more on numbing agents for his tush!!! He did pretty good til bout 4 30 to 630 this morning, I just applied different numbing agents with q-tips he finally got comfortable and ate a little. I will hopefully get some pics soon, been very busy, I like to play too and have lots of gliders to play/care for (not complaining)!

#914479 - 03/03/10 07:33 PM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: Cora]
Feather Offline
Administrator

Loc: Wisconsin
Glad to hear that you may have some answers in the works. Could they swab and culture his cloaca? Just a thought.

Prayers and good thoughts to you and Spencer.
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

#919230 - 03/14/10 01:25 PM Re: Prayer for Coras Spencer - Part 2 [Re: Feather]
Cora Offline
Serious Glideritis

My apologies for not updating before now. The antibiotics are either helping or his new collar....LOL. Prob the antibiotics! He has had 4 good nights in a row. He is still a little swollen (cloaca) and he dribbles on himself, I think thats to ward off predators(like there are any). otherwise he voids and defecates fine. He will however still get a little overzealous and mutilate when collar off which could be 5 min or 12 hours. Last night he barked for about 30 minutes!! I dont know know what that was about. He rarely barks!! Actually quite a few of my gliders barked last night! His appetite is not much better, he weighs 121 grams though! He wanted to show off his new collar that his other mother mary h bought him from sugeebaby. This is his 5th day of wearing it. The plastic is softer but thick enough. sugeebaby modifies it with moleskin around the neck. Knowing Spencer I modified it by putting moleskin around the outside of it. If I see that it is rubbing his neck I will be put another layer of moleskin around the neck. It is actually a rat ecollar. It weighs nine grams.....................check it out:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/IMG_4592.jpg
fastened with velcro:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/IMG_4593.jpg
Spencer wearing it:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/IMG_4588.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/IMG_4589.jpg
The back:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/IMG_4591.jpg

Thank You mary h and sugeebaby for making life more comfortable for Spencer. He has not had a bad night since He got it! Also wanted to add The magnets are still in his pouch as well!

Edited by Cora (03/14/10 01:27 PM)
Edit Reason: added about magnets

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver, Philwojo 
Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online
1 registered (Mio), 14 Guests and 57 Spiders online.
Key: Owner, Admin, Mod
Newest Members
FinFiFuFe, Angelicat26, AbbyGlider, Klasha, Amanda159
6386 Registered Users
Forum Stats
28 posts in the last 24hrs
6387 Members
134 Forums
8901 Topics
147883 Posts

Max Online: 478 @ 07/15/07 01:24 AM
Last 10 New Topics