Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
glider seriously wounded #421436
11/22/07 08:57 AM
11/22/07 08:57 AM

M
mayaknoll
Unregistered
mayaknoll
Unregistered
M

i have no idea how this happened, he is in a cage with another female glider, who has babies in pouch, and she has been crazy ever since she had her first set of joeys, but never towards her cage mate. i don't this this is self mutilation cause its on his shoulder blade and its really deep and he's never done that before, but i couldn't see how he would let the other glider just rip a quarter sized hole in his arm?? i'm about to get some ointment on it and maybe some guaze, and i'll hope he makes it till a vet office opens after the holiday. i'll probably keep him with the other gliders till i know whats going on. anyone has any advice or similar experiences please let me know.

Attached Files
000_2559.jpg (153 downloads)
000_2560.jpg (103 downloads)
000_2561.jpg (58 downloads)
Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: ] #421438
11/22/07 09:09 AM
11/22/07 09:09 AM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
I'm sorry your little guy is hurt, and that cannot wait-it's deep and if infection sets in could easily go systemic. He's going to need oral antibiotics, at the very least. Can you find an emergency vet that's open? I'd also check the cage for anything-rough spot in the cage, toy, that also could be at fault. Hopefully a member in your area knows of an emergency vet, and I'll go find the link for the Dallas area.

Jen/Colin :bb: Commander Riker 12 16 02-10 04 12 you will be FOREVER missed :wfb: Sinbad, :wfb: Gabby, :grey: Baby, and :grey: Alley
Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: Xfilefan] #421439
11/22/07 09:12 AM
11/22/07 09:12 AM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Here's the link:

http://www.glidercentral.net/links/pages/Vets_Database/United_States/Texas/Dallas/index.html

I would not keep him in with the others...they will try and groom it for him and can make it worse, unfortunately, while trying to "help". Plus if you feel one of them may have done it-don't give them the chance to do more damage. And I don't believe it is SM but it is definitely serious.

Even if a vet is closed, the message or answering service should have the name and number of an emergency one that isn't in most cases.

Jen/Colin :bb: Commander Riker 12 16 02-10 04 12 you will be FOREVER missed :wfb: Sinbad, :wfb: Gabby, :grey: Baby, and :grey: Alley
Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: Xfilefan] #421449
11/22/07 09:44 AM
11/22/07 09:44 AM
Quincy, IL
glidrz5 Offline
Serious Glideritis
glidrz5  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Quincy, IL
I agree with Jen, this does need to be seen by a vet. You don't want infection to set in because that would make the healing time so much longer for this litle guy. I too would also separate him. You don't want them to groom him & make it worse. Most likely he will need separated until the wound it totally healed and the scab is gone.

Chris
Illusion, Malcom, Isabell, Annabelle, Zach, Isis, Aly & Indy
AND Miss Emmy & Miss Chloe kitties

:rbridge: My Angels: You are always in my heart.

You've flown to the rainbow
and wait there for me
Someday I will join you
together to be

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: glidrz5] #421496
11/22/07 12:27 PM
11/22/07 12:27 PM

M
mayaknoll
Unregistered
mayaknoll
Unregistered
M

thanks for the quick replies, i called the emergency vet but i wouldn't be able to afford to see them and be able to treat his wound at the same time, hopefully a regular office is going to be open tomorrow. it seems to be deeper than a flesh wound and i know he's going to need stitches.
i went ahead and put some neosporin on it and put him in a separate cage. i'm still confused about this but i'm pretty sure it was his cage mate that did it. hopefully she'll stop being so territorial after these babies get bigger.

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: ] #421505
11/22/07 12:44 PM
11/22/07 12:44 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Can you get hold of an answering service to make an appointment for the a.m.? He really needs to be seen as soon as possible. Watch him VERY closely. Can he reach it at all? If he can, watching him is even more crucial, and make sure the neosporin does NOT have pain relief in it unless he is in an ecollar. The one with pain relief can numb his tongue and he could bite it, causing further issues.

Make SURE the vet puts him on oral antibiotics. With a wound like that he may also need a drainage tube or part of the wound left open so it can and doesn't start an abscess under the skin. A topical in addition to oral meds is advisable, as is a painkiller such as Torbuterol or Butorphenol for at LEAST a week's worth of time. DO NOT let them send you home with only Metacam...it is a non steroidal anti inflammatory drug and can only be safely used on a glider for a few days. It also doesn't control pain as well...it's more for swelling.

PLEASE keep us updated. And ask if anything new comes up, or there's a problem. If he bothers it, you may either have to hold him until he goes in, or put a collar on him to keep him away from it and so he doesn't cause any more damage.

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: Xfilefan] #421507
11/22/07 12:49 PM
11/22/07 12:49 PM
Quincy, IL
glidrz5 Offline
Serious Glideritis
glidrz5  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Quincy, IL
Also, make sure that he stays warm today. If possible I'd keep him on you...for warmpth and so you can watch that he's leaving the wound alone. You'll also want to make sure that he drinks and eats.
Jen, for this kind of wound would he be able to be put into a collar? Or would you be more concerned about him bothering the wound with his feet by scratching? Is there anything that could be done for that outside of burrito wrapping him?

Chris

and wait there for me
Someday I will join you
together to be

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: glidrz5] #421510
11/22/07 12:55 PM
11/22/07 12:55 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
It looks like it's far enough down a collar could be used if needed and not sit on top it. If it's high enough on the back he might not be able to reach it well with his back feet, but if he can, that's where the watching comes in. If that happens a bandage will need to go on to keep his nails away from it.

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: Xfilefan] #421521
11/22/07 01:16 PM
11/22/07 01:16 PM
Austin, TX
USMom Offline
Serious Glideritis
USMom  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Austin, TX
Just having him on you isn't enough to prevent or even notice if he is messing with it. Cooper can be in my hand ripping the fur off of his chest, and if I'm not looking at him you can't feel the movement.

Shawna
Who are you networked with? Networking could save your gliders life. Create one now.

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: USMom] #421524
11/22/07 01:25 PM
11/22/07 01:25 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Guess I'd better define MY idea of 'watching'...like with Riker, who chewed on my hand for 3 days until I could get a collar to work, it means looking AT him constantly. If you start to fall asleep, you hand him to someone to hold and LOOK at him. I slept about an hour every other day for a month, but I wasn't working then, either. If you can't 'watch' he'll need to be in a collar if he can reach the wound, and get up every hour or so to check.

Put it this way...if you're "watching tv" you're not doing anything else.

Last edited by Xfilefan; 11/22/07 01:30 PM.

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: Xfilefan] #421535
11/22/07 02:05 PM
11/22/07 02:05 PM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
We all are concerned for your little one. I'm sorry this has happened, and will be sending prayers your way. I can't stress the importance of keeping a constant watch on him. I just went thru a situation with one of my babies, I was out of the room for maybe 10 minutes and he went after himself. It is so important to not take your eye off them for a second in they are not in an ecolar or wrapped.
Hopefully you will be able to get him in for medical treatment.
Please keep us posted. "Happy Thanksgiving" hug2

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: LSardou] #421563
11/22/07 03:25 PM
11/22/07 03:25 PM
Elkhorn, WI
CSteele Offline
Glider Slave
CSteele  Offline
Glider Slave

Elkhorn, WI
I'm so sorry your little guy is hurt! I have done alot of work with domestic and wildlife in my area (not sugar gliders though) I have seen something that looks very similar to this in dogs (and several other animals). When dogs have fatty tumors sometimes they will burst and the open, dark pink, perfectly round concave wound is what is left behind. Could this have been a cyst of some sort, did you notice anything like a bump there previous to the injury? It almost looks to perfectly round to be an injury from another glider??? Like I said, I have never treated gliders but have worked with other animals....I hope he gets better fast and I agree with everyone that he needs to see a vet ASAP!

Prayers to your little guy and hope for you!

Celeste
262-325-7137

Spoonful of Sugars-Gliders & Gear
www.glidersandgear.com

:grey: Nissa, Moose, Faye, Dexter, Frankie,
:wfb: Shakespeare, Elsbeth, Isabeau, Dartanion,
:wt: Adonis
:rtmo: Lily & Lil Aphrodite (my wht mo)

gangel Squirrel & Damien

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: CSteele] #421564
11/22/07 03:34 PM
11/22/07 03:34 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Celeste, frequently, mating wounds on females will look like this, oddly enough. There have been a few...no bump previous and in at least one case no cagemate, either, where the gliders died of systemic infection and no cause could be found. Two that did have a visible bump previously were cancer, but those were more on the neck than the shoulder.

I didn't say it (and don't think anyone else did either) but since this is on a male, a culture of the would would also be a VERY good idea. It will take 5-10 days, depending on the lab, for the results, but treatment can start immediately pending results. It will tell exactly what is in there, if anything. Thanks for reminding me.

Can you give more details on the cases you know about? Gliders are not immune to diseases/conditions that afflict other species, although they tend to be rarer in some cases, and possibly present in a marsupial in a way we don't recognize from a domestic animal.

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: Xfilefan] #421581
11/22/07 04:10 PM
11/22/07 04:10 PM
Elkhorn, WI
CSteele Offline
Glider Slave
CSteele  Offline
Glider Slave

Elkhorn, WI
The cases I have dealt with in dogs, cats, and as well as in one rabbit and a squirrel...the squirel though was questionable as to whether it was actually a cyst or an injury.

All had fatty tumors that broke open. Some were cancerous, others were not and if we caught it as soon as it burst...they were messy! But if they were in a crate with another animal and we didn't catch it right away, the other animal usually cleaned it up and made it look nice and pink with no puss.

I have several people I can call that deal with this on a daily basis. Our wildlife rehabber is avail but our humane officer who runs the shelter is away on holiday.

All of the wounds proved to be tumors were perfectly round and dark pink on the inside as if the skin had internally grown around the tumor???

I think our wildlife rehabber would have better info only because she deals with animals other than domestics. I will call her if you like and ask if she has seen this kind of thing in marsupials such as possums. She is the person I work with on the wildlife and she is very informed because she does most of the rehab work unless it is surgery, then she calls in a specialized vet - otherwise its all her!

Celeste
262-325-7137

www.glidersandgear.com

gangel Squirrel & Damien

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: CSteele] #421583
11/22/07 04:15 PM
11/22/07 04:15 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
That could be very valuable, and if there's pics. Then we could compare the above pics as well. It's also possible in some of these a cagemate tore it open trying to 'help'...gliders can do that, which is why separation for open wounds is frequently necessary with them, also that there may have been a bump that hadn't been noticed. Any info that could potentially help a glider at some point is very valuable, and very wanted...whatever you can find for us! smile I think it relates here because mating wounds in males aren't very common, particularly if there's not a dominant alpha female present...that's not clear either way in this one, but every possibility should be explored to best help the glider and the treating vet.

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: Xfilefan] #421605
11/22/07 05:15 PM
11/22/07 05:15 PM
Elkhorn, WI
CSteele Offline
Glider Slave
CSteele  Offline
Glider Slave

Elkhorn, WI
I've already placed a call and I will let you all know when she gets back to me!

Celeste
262-325-7137

www.glidersandgear.com

gangel Squirrel & Damien

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: CSteele] #421773
11/23/07 02:34 AM
11/23/07 02:34 AM

M
mayaknoll
Unregistered
mayaknoll
Unregistered
M

well he seems to be doing fine right now. i think he's grooming the area around the wound, and i did use plenty of the neosporine with pain relief.
i think this might be some kind of tumor or something that one of the gliders overgroomed, cause its perfectly round and when i first saw it looked like raw meat with no puss, and the area around the wound looked really wet. now it looks like it filled up with puss and looks almost exactly like the cyst my dog had. also i had put one of the gliders from her last litter in the cage that night since he's such a mama's boy, and he doesn't have any marks on him. she isn't dominant at all but ever since she had her first set of babies all she tries to do is kill the female gliders in the other cage or anything that smells like them. i've seen her jump on his back and bite him before, after i had let all the gliders except her play for a while, but it wasn't anything serious and it only lasted a few minutes. hopefully the vet can tell me more when i take him in tomorrow.

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: ] #421775
11/23/07 02:41 AM
11/23/07 02:41 AM
Twin Cities, MN
cinnamonstix Offline
Glider Addict
cinnamonstix  Offline
Glider Addict

Twin Cities, MN
It is a little late but next time...do not use Neosporin with pain relief...only the original kind without it.

Hope you get him in and looked at soon...man that looks like it hurts.

~GWEN~
Crazy Hubby Dru
Tortoise: Vork
Cats: Scooby, Swiper, Zero, Dinah & Sykes
Suggies: Meeko, Willow & Nemo; Rei, Rafiki & Rajah; Opal, Lily & Link; Tael, Tatl & Navi; Kristoff Krabbs & Crabby Patty
:rbridge: Fern, Cjarsa, Syfka, Icarus, Ivy, Howie & Gracie

www.cinnamonstix-n-sugar.com
Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: cinnamonstix] #421799
11/23/07 07:25 AM
11/23/07 07:25 AM
Lecanto Florida
1daddyglider1 Offline
Glider Guardian
1daddyglider1  Offline
Glider Guardian

Lecanto Florida
I believe (mods) that I can't give any medical advice so if I cross the line PLEASE inform me or make appropiate changes to my post, thanks.

i looked at your photo and I was told by vets(as I get mating wounds)that it looks like there is fur in the wound. You have to get any hair out of the wound, we trim the hair around wound very carefully with cuticle scissors, because as you said there is now puss in the wound, I would definitely see a vet today for antibiotics and something to flush wound with. We use ...to flush and also antibiotics(not sure if I can mention a medication.)

CSTEELE that is very interesting about what could be the cause of the wound. I was told by different people and breeders that it could be that if the male is smaller than the female then he has trouble latching on for breeding or could be dominant issues or fighting the breed.The wounds my girls get are sometimes round sometimes looks like jagged chewed on(sorry graphic), but aren't a dark red but a bright pink or healthy looking also some are deep and some surface wounds.It is very frustrating as the two gliders can breed for a few years and no problem and then all of a sudden I can get a year(diff age gliders) where I have one, two, or three females that have wounds. After treatment and full recovery some go back to having babies with no problems, some have a repeat a year later.
The wounds happen very fast(less than one night) and get nasty looking fast if not treated by a vet.

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: 1daddyglider1] #421802
11/23/07 07:41 AM
11/23/07 07:41 AM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
You can give/suggest names of medications that may be appropriate for treatment for the owner to take to the vet. You cannot give dosages or the mg/ml to mix a med at...since those must be figured by the weight of the animal and be the appropriate med as confirmed by the vet (a medical professional who has seen the animal). Any information/suggestions given are to be understood to be taken to the vet and not acted upon by the owner independently save for possibly an over the counter medications, such as a topical like neosporin, very, very few of which are appropriate for gliders. Hopefully that helps. And I am a former moderator, so I'm pretty sure this is accurate-unless something changed when I wasn't looking recently. smile

Last edited by Xfilefan; 11/23/07 07:43 AM.

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: Xfilefan] #421808
11/23/07 09:04 AM
11/23/07 09:04 AM
Lecanto Florida
1daddyglider1 Offline
Glider Guardian
1daddyglider1  Offline
Glider Guardian

Lecanto Florida
What my vet and I have used is Betadine that is watered down to a light tea color. The lighter tea color the better.
We apply it two or three times daily with cotton balls. As my understanding from vet is that the wound on suggies has to heal like a dogs from the inside out and can't scab over. The betadine dries the skin slowly so it doesn't scab over until almost fully healed. I hope this is safe for suggies, it came from an old time vet recipe?? We also use albon or baytril(if it's bad)-I had one where the stitches didn't hold after he cut across the wound and had a gapping hole, i was in pain(cringed) everytime we had to treat her.
Also they shave around wound if they have to sedate her so hair doesn't get in it.
hth art

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: 1daddyglider1] #421810
11/23/07 09:21 AM
11/23/07 09:21 AM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
I've used diluted betadine on mine, and full strength on the end of a quicked nail a couple times. Depending on how deep the wound is, I'd run it by the vet first, simply because some does get absorbed, with one that bad. If it can be used that'd be great. I'm a big fan of the stuff-nothing better at killing external bacteria than that stuff, and as an oxidizer (dries it out) it does help it heal. I've used it post neuter, and on Binx's incisions when he had his anal glands removed, but those were stitched, closed wounds.

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: Xfilefan] #422544
11/25/07 12:36 AM
11/25/07 12:36 AM

M
mayaknoll
Unregistered
mayaknoll
Unregistered
M

well i took them to the vet a while ago. i accidentally hurt one of my joeys Thursday when i closed the cage door on his foot. He hasn't been able to walk on it, but he seems to still have feeling and is able to grasp ever so slightly. i feel horrible about it, it was too late in the day to do xrays, but I'll probably do one on Monday or Tuesday if it doesn't get better.
they cleaned the wound on my other glider and it looks like he's self mutilating the wound with his back foot. they tried to put a sweater on him but he won't stay in it, and i tried to burrito wrap him but it doesn't cover the wound. I'm thinking of shaving all the hair off around the wound and putting a toe band aide on him. i haven't heard of people doing this so if its a bad idea someone let me know!! i work nights at ups so i can't watch him or take him with me, even though I'm tempted, but people aren't even safe there....
they gave me a topical ointment and a oral one, and then meloxicam for the joey. i really hope i didn't brake his foot.

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: ] #422555
11/25/07 12:54 AM
11/25/07 12:54 AM
Austin, TX
USMom Offline
Serious Glideritis
USMom  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Austin, TX
I think shaving it would not be a good idea. As the hair grows back it will irritate him and cause him to go after it more. Is the wound too high up to use an e-collar?
HUGS to you, it sounds like you are having a bad week.

Shawna
Who are you networked with? Networking could save your gliders life. Create one now.

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: USMom] #422804
11/25/07 02:10 PM
11/25/07 02:10 PM
Elkhorn, WI
CSteele Offline
Glider Slave
CSteele  Offline
Glider Slave

Elkhorn, WI
Ok, I finally spoke with the wildlife rehabber in my area. She has no photos but told me that by the way I'm explaining the wound, it sounds similar to a Bot Fly bite. She said the Bot Fly bites the animal and then it lays eggs. The larvae are the nasty culprits that cause the open wound...it is their breathing hole. She has seen wounds as large as on the glider in the photo here but normally the wound is a little smaller. She has treated these bot fly wounds on Squirrels, Chipmunks, Oppossums and a multitude of bird species. The wound is described as a perfect concave, round wound that will only get pussy if it gets infected. She pulls the larvae out and then cleans the wound and in all her cases the animals have recovered without any problems.

She also advised not to use Batadine or Hydrogen peroxide to clean the wounds on any wild animal or exotic because it kills skin tissue.

She uses a solution called Chlorhexidine?, I think she called it (she had an emergency with one of her whitetails and had to go quickly without finishing the conversation). Its a blue solution and this cleans the wound and doesn't cause tissue damage. She said you can purchase this from a vet.

I know this doesn't help much for your sugarglider but I think we need to talk to our vets to make sure that we aren't harming our sugars more by using betadine or any other topical solutions. I trust my friend because she has been working with wildlife for over 20 years!

You mentioned that you took him to the vet...did they give you a diagnosis as to what they thought it was?????

Celeste
262-325-7137

www.glidersandgear.com

gangel Squirrel & Damien

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: CSteele] #422811
11/25/07 02:32 PM
11/25/07 02:32 PM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

80 acres of paradise in KS
While I agree with the no peroxide part, I've had diluted betadine given to me numerous times by vets for wound care in a variety of animals, including gliders.

Keep in mind that females can cause mating type wounds on other females or on males. It is not exclusively a male to female wound.

Also, sometimes a very small pin hole size wound can happen, perhaps from another glider's toenail, which can then get infected under the skin. This can cause a wound that looks like a mating wound once it either opens on it's own or another glider helps groom the infection away.

It would be wonderful if you could find someone to watch your glider while you are at work so that he could be prevented from grooming it. With the back feet being the grooming tools used, perhaps bandaging his back feet would stop, or atleast slow down, the grooming. This would make the glider VERY unhappy I imagine but if it gives the wound a chance to heal...

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: Dancing] #422819
11/25/07 02:52 PM
11/25/07 02:52 PM
Ft. Pierce, FL
thefotokat Offline
Glider Slave
thefotokat  Offline
Glider Slave

Ft. Pierce, FL
Chlorhexidine is an antimicrobial that we use in the dental field. We have had success using it on localized oral irritations/ulcerations by dabbing it on w/cotton tip. It is a prescription (brand name is Peridex or Perioguard). I don't know if it's safe for gliders. It usually has a strong mint taste and I don't know if that would encourage licking the area.

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: thefotokat] #423026
11/25/07 08:22 PM
11/25/07 08:22 PM

W
Wantiki2
Unregistered
Wantiki2
Unregistered
W

Chlorhexidine is available at www.jefferspet.com as a flush and as a disinfectant. It is safe for use with gliders both topically and orally.

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: ] #423067
11/25/07 09:32 PM
11/25/07 09:32 PM
Quincy, IL
glidrz5 Offline
Serious Glideritis
glidrz5  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Quincy, IL
I use a chlorahexadine rinse to brush my gliders teeth. My vet also gave me a different one to use when Rena had her facial abscess to clean it with. Maybe it was one without the minty flavor because it had a different color to it and didn't smell the same.

Chris

and wait there for me
Someday I will join you
together to be

Re: glider seriously wounded [Re: glidrz5] #424474
11/28/07 06:34 AM
11/28/07 06:34 AM

M
mayaknoll
Unregistered
mayaknoll
Unregistered
M

well it looks like they are getting better.
the joey's using his foot more and the other glider seems to be fine and the wound has scabbed over. the doctor said that she thought it looked like a bite wound, but wasen't rulling out other possibilities. she hasen't seen anything like that that wasen't a bite wound before. but, yeah i'm watching him closely and if it gets any worse then i'm going to take him back to get some lab work done.

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 322 guests, and 82 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,574 TEXAS
679,075 OHIO
487,156 OKLAHOMA
432,160 UTAH
321,683 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024