Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What Makes a Mill Breeder? Part 2 #507525
03/18/08 11:46 PM
03/18/08 11:46 PM
Columbia, Missouri
kthiessen Offline OP
Glider Addict
kthiessen  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Columbia, Missouri
See Part 1 here.

~ Kathy ~

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? Part 2 [Re: kthiessen] #507556
03/19/08 12:05 AM
03/19/08 12:05 AM
Ft. Pierce, FL
thefotokat Offline
Glider Slave
thefotokat  Offline
Glider Slave

Ft. Pierce, FL
I think you mentioned it, but I didn't see it on your main list, but someone who recommends against vet care or says that it's not needed. One mill gives out a flyer saying to call them if your glider gets sick and they'll help you.

Another item: someone who recommends against doing your own research. Again, the mill/sellers I know of tell buyers not to go online because they will be told that the mill is giving out wrong info. "Good" rescuers and breeders will gladly point you to other sources of info. For example, on my take home sheet, I list a few different forums and websites to go to for more info.

Also: someone who houses gliders in improper conditions (cage size, cleanliness, etc)

To add to your item of someone who doesn't personally talk to prospective homes I would add not interviewing prospective homes properly. Just speaking to someone once or twice isn't enough to find out how much they know about gliders or correct misinformation. Most rescues, and some breeders, have a contract that must be signed also.

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? Part 2 [Re: thefotokat] #507610
03/19/08 01:16 AM
03/19/08 01:16 AM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Quote:
The woman at Ceasar's creek is no longer there as of a couple of weeks ago. Kathy finally got rock solid proof of what was going on, not he said/she said from a bunch of people who are against her anyway. If I were in her situation, I don't think I would have taken a lot of your complaints to heart either. And in any of your work places, if someone is out there saying things about your or your performance, your boss is not going to fire you over hearsay. He will advise you of the numerous allegations and the consequences if they continue, and then he will find solid evidence to get rid of you, which is what Kathy did. How many of you have taken your gliders out to the booths to see Kathy face to face and actually hear what she tells people, which is really no different from what I've learned on here myself?

Ok, I just have to ha-ha laugh at
Quote:
The woman at Ceasar's creek is no longer there as of a couple of weeks ago. Kathy finally got rock solid proof of what was going on, not he said/she said from a bunch of people who are against her anyway.
Did it cross your mind that people don't like her because she's allowed parking lot neutering to take place and make NO mistakes, she's been VERY well aware of it for years.

Yes, we know Sam has been removed, that has been addressed SEVERAL times in this thread, but thank you for posting it again in case anyone missed it. But you too miss the point.

It's not just ABOUT Kathy. It's about ALL mill breeders and their practices and YES many of us HAVE seen her in action for YEARS. Just because she's decided to clean up her act finally does not make her a saint.

You explain to the lady who rescued a glider from her with a leash EMBEDDED in her neck what a wonderful human being and caring breeder Kathy is, and before you ask, YES I know this person personally. And that is just one story.

Sam has worked for kathy for YEARS. The allegations of the neutering are not something that happened over night. People have complained about it for years. Kathy chose not to do anything about it. Two months or so ago when it was brought up to the owner of the flea market, he did an investigation and he said at that time that it had happened and that he had fined Kathy for it. So for them to wait until last Tuesday to fire Sam is not only morally reprehensible, but makes them party to whatever criminal charges can be brought against Sam for practicing veterinary medicine without a license.

If you purchased gliders from her and you had a good experience, consider yourself one of the lucky ones.

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? Part 2 [Re: ] #507739
03/19/08 10:22 AM
03/19/08 10:22 AM

B
bdeese
Unregistered
bdeese
Unregistered
B

Glidersrus did have a booth here in western NC but has since shut down.
But there is still a guy that sells them in a differnt shop that ISNOT glidersrus if Suggiemom wanted to drive up oneday!

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? Part 2 [Re: ] #507904
03/19/08 01:38 PM
03/19/08 01:38 PM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Ohh Suggiemom just might do that soon....LOL

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? Part 2 [Re: ] #510361
03/21/08 11:28 PM
03/21/08 11:28 PM

L
Litlredneckmama
Unregistered
Litlredneckmama
Unregistered
L

If anyone does go to Kathys please let us all know how it is there. I am very curious, but I live to far away to go check it out. I have had to rescue several gliders that people have bought from the different flee markets that she sells at. It is nothing but a glider mill that she is running. Like I said just let us all know how she has it set up and how she runs it. I have rescued about six suggies in the past three months from people that bought them at Caesars Creek due to false information that was given to them about gliders. I'm so sick of all of these glider mills. We all just have to pray for these poor little babies.

Mommy to six suggie babies
and two human babies
and wife to a wonderful understanding husband.

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? Part 2 [Re: ] #510796
03/22/08 06:33 PM
03/22/08 06:33 PM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Ok, here's the deal....I paid Sherry and Kathy a visit today. Not sure if they knew it was me or not and really didn't care. What I saw were some decent cages with nice cage sets included. I also saw a lot of much smaller cages. Not sure of the reasoning behind those. I saw joeys on leashes which I think is WRONG. I held a joey on a leash. Those leashes are tight and have no business being on those gliders!!! That is my PERSONAL opinion on.

While I was standing there, a couple came in to discuss a glider they had purchased at another booth at the same market. (I'll discuss them in a moment) They showed Kathy the glider and she checked her over, when she saw that she had diahrea Kathy simply told them to feed her a slice of bread. WHAT ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT???? Why didn't they tell those people their glider was SICK and needed to see a vet???? Thanks to ME they will be doing just that because I talked to them in the isle for a good ten minutes or so, exchanged phone numbers, etc. and told them where to go to find good information about gliders other than JUST what they were given at the flea market.

THIS is the stuff that angers me to no end!! They didn't even buy the glider from SGrU, why couldn't they bring themselves to tell them to see a vet before they lose that little girl???? It is OBVIOUS that these people already love this little glider....why would they even risk that the people might lose her? Are Kathy & Sherry thinking that if they lose her they'll come to them to buy another glider because you offered them a discount? I was standing right there when Sherry kept telling them when they're ready to buy her a mate theyu'd give them a discount(yea, great you KNOW she's sick and you're hawking a mate for her. NICE GOING>) THAT is the kind of stuff that will keep your reputations in the TOILET forever if you don't cut it out!!!

Ok and as for these other people, I've got their info and will be posting about them as soon as I'm home and have more access to the internet, but from what I was told, they used to work with SGrU and they went out on their own and opened up a booth of their own and are under selling SGrU.

They have children walking around the market with gliders on leashes and they had a little girl giving a "speech" to me about gliders and their care. OMG, she was like a little robot and there were adults in the booth, but they allowed her to do it and she asked if I wanted to hold the joey so I did. Of course, she was crabbing her poor little head off, and she was COVERED in diahrea!!! I told the lady to take it and i washed my hands and told her that her gliders were SICK and that anyone touching them should wash their hands asap. I will be writing to the owner of that venue and letting him know that they are selling sick animals and those other people are taking the joey they got from them to the vet on Monday. I'll be very surprised if it doesn't test positive for giardia and those joeys have no business being sold there.

We've had a very difficult two weeks with our wild animals. The venue we were at with Perfect Pocket Pets.....the very next week one of our raccoons ended up with giardia, our tortouise has a wicked eye infection and the night before last, we lost our possum, Maggie!!!!! I know it's because their gliders are always sick with giardia and eye infections and someone held them and then handled our animals. You people have no business doing what you're doing if you're not going to take the UTMOST care to ensure that you have healthy animals and that people practice good hygiene when handling them!!!! And, I watched kathy handle that sick joey and then handle her own without even washing her hands or sanitizing so don't even bother to tell me that you're careful about it.

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? Part 2 [Re: ] #510808
03/22/08 06:49 PM
03/22/08 06:49 PM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
All I can say is WOW! I'm not surprised one bit....and to think of all the customers who had handled those poor little gliders that didn't wash their hands (little children, other pets, elderly people, public restrooms, doors, etc... etc... ect....) .....this TOPS it Laurie! The Health Department needs to be informed as well.

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? Part 2 [Re: LSardou] #510817
03/22/08 07:16 PM
03/22/08 07:16 PM

K
kaylakala
Unregistered
kaylakala
Unregistered
K

...........sad.......really disturbing.....going to go love on all my health babies (skin fur and feather) and thank God for it.

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? Part 2 [Re: LSardou] #510839
03/22/08 08:13 PM
03/22/08 08:13 PM
Northeast TN bordering VA/NC
Bubbles8i8 Offline
Glider Guardian
Bubbles8i8  Offline
Glider Guardian

Northeast TN bordering VA/NC
Originally Posted By: LSardou
All I can say is WOW! I'm not surprised one bit....and to think of all the customers who had handled those poor little gliders that didn't wash their hands (little children, other pets, elderly people, public restrooms, doors, etc... etc... ect....) .....this TOPS it Laurie! The Health Department needs to be informed as well.

I totally agree! That is a health hazard to the HUMANS who handle those SICK gliders, not to mention any other animals that come into contact with that mess. There must be something that can be done to stop these idiots who are endangering the lives of so many.

Jenny tounge

Wife to Josh, Mom to Taylor heart

:glider: Coo & Chimera
:glider: Ruckus & Mayhem
:glider: Adonis & Persephone & Aphrodite
www.animalhobby.com

Taylor's Sailors
Cages, Toys, Wheels, Pouches, Treats
Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? Part 2 [Re: Bubbles8i8] #510864
03/22/08 08:49 PM
03/22/08 08:49 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
I really am not surprised by anything I hear that goes on regarding gliders at Flea Markets. However, I am so deeply saddened when I hear about these sad little lives. These dear dear souls who would just turn themselves inside out for a wee bit of affection - treated like a commodity. Their health is unimportant. Their security is unimportant. Their safety is unimportant. Only the dollars they bring in.

I spent all day with my gliders today - but not enough. I need some more snuggles, and kisses. I also will be praying for these dear lost souls.

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? Part 2 [Re: ValkyrieMome] #510877
03/22/08 09:16 PM
03/22/08 09:16 PM
Missouri
queengwennypoo Offline
Joey Member
queengwennypoo  Offline
Joey Member

Missouri
Oh my gosh... some get PETA in on this! I'm sure they would be able to do something.

2 Gliders- Tink and Lucy
1 Rat Terrier- Bella
1 "Mini Irish Wolfhound" from the pound- Winn Dixie
5 Cats- Zoe, Opal, Cleo, Trinity, Murkey
2 Horses- Handsome and Smokey
Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? Part 2 [Re: queengwennypoo] #510880
03/22/08 09:17 PM
03/22/08 09:17 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
PETA would just be the other extreme.

Kill them all because no animal should be kept as a pet.

PETA isn't the answer for people who love animals and also take good care of their pets.

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? Part 2 [Re: ValkyrieMome] #510906
03/22/08 10:06 PM
03/22/08 10:06 PM
Garland, TX
Mel2mdl Offline
Glider Addict
Mel2mdl  Offline
Glider Addict

Garland, TX
This is a G rated consumer site about some of PETA's less well known practices:

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/pressRelease_detail.cfm/release/148

If you google PETA, you will find a ton of information on them. They euthanize at a higher rate than the 'kill' shelter next door. shakehead .

Molly, son & husband:

Chairman Meow
Oscar & Thomas
Sam, Diego, Delilah, Delia :wfb:
Nevada, Noel
Marcel, Dakota, Latte
Dexter, Didi, Almond, Joy and Fitz
:grey:
Karl,Lenny,Jynxie,Chamille, Kee & Mr. Beans in my heart forever.
Teaching teenagers-part joy, part guerilla warfare! :rbridge:
Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? Part 2 [Re: Mel2mdl] #510921
03/22/08 10:37 PM
03/22/08 10:37 PM
Missouri
queengwennypoo Offline
Joey Member
queengwennypoo  Offline
Joey Member

Missouri
...wow. K nevermind!

2 Gliders- Tink and Lucy
1 Rat Terrier- Bella
1 "Mini Irish Wolfhound" from the pound- Winn Dixie
5 Cats- Zoe, Opal, Cleo, Trinity, Murkey
2 Horses- Handsome and Smokey

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 368 guests, and 77 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,576 TEXAS
679,076 OHIO
487,156 OKLAHOMA
432,161 UTAH
321,685 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024