</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
.....Can you also add the nutritional breakdown of worms, crickets, grasshoppers (the stuff we commonly feed) to your chart.....

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Katty, so sorry I missed this the first time around. I was not ignoring you.....somehow the "favorite thread" flag got removed from this thread so I didn't get notice of some of the replies including yours.

I can work out the figures for mealworms; but, unfortunantly, that's all. http://www.grubco.com/Nutritional_Information.cfm has a chart that shows the nutritional analysis for the insects that they sell; but it is based on weight. Since almost everyone feeds insects by body count, it's hard to make the conversion. I happen to know that there are about 6.5 large mealworms per gram because I feed mealies and have weighed them. I also have some "rough" figures for superworms from a third party; but would prefer not to use those until I can confirm their accuracy. Unfortunately, I do not have the figures for other insects. I asked Grubco for them once; but never got a response. After the work on the veggie part of the BML diet is complete, I'll spend a few minutes and see what I can find out about insects.