GliderCENTRAL

Noise

Posted By: Anonymous

Noise - 12/13/16 02:25 AM

Hi everyone,
I have been wanting and researchin gliders for well a couple of years now and I have found a little girl in need of a new home because of allergies in one of the owners. (Don't worry, she will get a cagemate wink )

I finally feel like I have the time, space and finances for a couple of gliders. Only issue would be the noise, as I live in a studio appartment...I can deal with general cage noise, but I'm a little worried about barking, as I don't want to upset any neighbours. My apartment is generally very soundproof (there's a baby on the next floor and I don't hear her cry unless she's on the staircase or very, very faintly at night when the building is quiet).

In terms of volume, how bad is their barks?

I talked to the owner about barking, and they hadn't really noticed a lot of barking, but of course that could change when she's being put in a new invioment etc.

Re: Noise - 12/13/16 02:32 AM

My gliders bark in my room and it does wake me up, however my parents in the next room do not hear it at all and are very light sleepers. You should be ok smile

Re: Noise - 12/13/16 02:37 AM

That's quite a relief to hear! I would really love to finally have gliders in my life :D though I'm sure others might have a different experience with the level of noise..
Posted By: Hutch

Re: Noise - 12/13/16 09:24 AM

Anon 1,

I would agree with Anon 2, if you can't make out the baby crying, you'll be fine.

Both Anons, please consider registering so we know with whom we're talking & you'll have complete access to the rest of the forums.
Posted By: Philwojo

Re: Noise - 12/13/16 02:05 PM

I'll add while the barking may not be loud it can go on for long periods of time on occasion, like more than 10 minutes of non-stop barking. This may not be common, but it can happen.

And if you are in a studio apartment it might keep you up, maybe not the neighbors though.

Just something to be aware of.

As Hutch said, please register to take full advantage of the site.

Phil
Posted By: Feather

Re: Noise - 12/13/16 06:38 PM

I live in an apartment and I have upstairs neighbors that I can hear walking across the floor, I have asked them and they cannot hear the gliders barking or my parrots squawking.

Re: Noise - 12/13/16 06:51 PM

thank you everyone for your imput on the matter! :D
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL