GliderCENTRAL

Soon to be Sugar Daddy!

Posted By: Remmyt

Soon to be Sugar Daddy! - 03/21/17 05:03 PM

Sugar Glider that is...

Hi, my name is Ryan. I will be getting my fuzzbutts in a couple of weeks and can hardly wait. I've been researching for a couple of months on diets, behaviors, toys, etc. I know I have more to learn, but I'm pretty sure that I have the necessities down. I will be getting two creaminos (male and female), whom I lovingly named Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm. I just can't wait to get them home to start the bonding process.

I've been following the forums for a while and find most of the info extremely valuable and informative. I guess you can call me a lurker, until now. I'll probably still lurk though... smile

About me:
I am a fact checker, and that drives my fiance nuts. I am also a dog person but had to put my bud down 7 years ago and just couldn't get anything else to take his place. Until now! I am a pretty out going person for the most part, easy to get along with. I have the patience of a rock. I can take a lot before I break. Just a quick introduction basically. I look forward to taking part of the glider festivities!
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Soon to be Sugar Daddy! - 03/21/17 05:14 PM

:welcomegc:
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Soon to be Sugar Daddy! - 03/21/17 06:46 PM

:welcome2: And please feel free to ask questions.

There no such thing as a dumb one.

Oh and please share pics once they calm down. We love baby pics!
Posted By: Hutch

Re: Soon to be Sugar Daddy! - 03/21/17 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Ladymagyver
:welcome2: And please feel free to ask questions.

There no such thing as a dumb one.

Oh and please share pics once they calm down. We love baby pics!

Make that any pictures wink Welcome!!!
Posted By: Feather

Re: Soon to be Sugar Daddy! - 03/22/17 02:41 AM

:welcome2:
Posted By: Rebecca

Re: Soon to be Sugar Daddy! - 03/22/17 02:36 PM

Hi Ryan, and hello from the Lone Star State as well. I'm in Dallas and I'm mommy to 5 sugar boogers.

Re: Soon to be Sugar Daddy! - 03/22/17 02:42 PM

Thank you all for the warm welcomes! I will post pictures as soon as I can get them in their mansion and they get settled!

I will be getting their food made this weekend so I can get it in the freezer and ready to go!

Re: Soon to be Sugar Daddy! - 04/08/17 07:14 PM

So I've had Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm for a week now. Pebbles is settling in good but Bamm-Bamm is a little shy still. I can see I will have to take things slower with him.

So far I have been able to hand treat Pebbles with only a few nips here and there. Bamm-Bamm will sniff the treat then retreat back to his safe place and crab, so I just leave the treat to where he can see it and he eventually snags it when he thinks I'm not looking. Sneaky sneaky!

I have their cage set up like a (fleece) jungle. Pebbles simply loves it. She runs and jumps all over the place like a little kid on a sugar high. Bamm-Bamm explores a tad, but has made progress.

I haven't been able to get a good picture of them yet, but this should be a rough introduction.

Bamm-Bamm
https://goo.gl/photos/pk29SS3a1MxMicBp8
Moshpit
https://goo.gl/photos/tjsnfEcApYsDSgjT8
Jungle cage
https://goo.gl/photos/Rdc18mQMuP5Ne2pt6

Will be fine tuning the set-up once they get a little easier to handle so I'm not having to stress them out by chasing them around the cage to pouch them.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Soon to be Sugar Daddy! - 04/08/17 08:30 PM

Looks good!
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Soon to be Sugar Daddy! - 04/09/17 02:08 AM

Very nice looking gliders and their Diggs look great! Thank you for sharing pic's!

It's normal for one to show more interstate than the other. It becomes a "Monkey see, monkey do" and the other will see you are safe by watching.
Posted By: Terry

Re: Soon to be Sugar Daddy! - 04/09/17 02:56 AM

:welcomegc:
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Soon to be Sugar Daddy! - 04/09/17 02:44 PM

You have some very pretty gliders for sure smile
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL