GliderCENTRAL

Gliders got loose with new baby

Posted By: Anonymous

Gliders got loose with new baby - 10/06/18 01:34 PM

I’m a pet sitter and my client’s gliders with a new just OOP baby got out last night. I don’t know where to begin. My gliders have never gotten out. Much less with a baby. (Mine are all fixed) Help?! I’m just sick.
Posted By: Terry

Re: Gliders got loose with new baby - 10/06/18 01:54 PM

-Start your search everywhere, including in the cage.
-Double check anywhere a glider would or could hunker down for sleep.
-Secure everywhere!
-Make surveyor check laundry hampers, trash and garbage cans, closets, clothes, shoes, hoodies, towels.
-Leave food, especially juicy fruit out along with the pouch from her cage, you can replace the pouch in the cage, you want the familiar scents available to her.
1. Are you sure the glider(s) are out of the cage?
2. Do you know around what time of day/night the glider got out?
These questions could help your search focus.

Best of luck, please keep us posted.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Gliders got loose with new baby - 10/06/18 01:59 PM

I was there last night from 11:00 to 11:30. I got here this morning. About 8:15. So in between. Both mom and dad are gone. They are not in cage.
Searched everywhere. But they aren’t in a room. In a living room in a two story house with every door open.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Gliders got loose with new baby - 10/06/18 02:41 PM

When are the owners due back?

Do you know where they keep their glider supplies? Do they have extra pouches?

Put some food outside the cage so hopefully if they are still in the room they will find it and go back in the cage.

Make a trail of treats from the hall to the cage.

This is going to be hard with a two story home.

Check all toilets. Make sure every window and cabinet door is closed. If you find one open (cabinet door) search thoroughly before closing it.

If you can reach the owners, ask if they have ever gotten out before. If so, did they have a hiding place?

Normally we do not leave posts in the ER forum, but I will leave yours.

If you are still on line here, please register so we know your location. We might have someone in or near your location who could help.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Gliders got loose with new baby - 10/06/18 02:48 PM

Gliders like it dark. The best time to search for them is in the evening after dark since you aren't familiar with the house. Low light as possible. Close all toilets and remove any water they may drown in. The best place to look would be where they are familiar. Maybe where the owners keep their bedding, where they take them for out of cage play like the bathroom or if they have a tent where ever that is stored. Hard floors can be sprinkled with flour so you can watch for tracks.

I hope this was helpful.

Please register and keep us posted.
Posted By: Terry

Re: Gliders got loose with new baby - 10/06/18 04:32 PM

I just wanted to suggest, you could search room by room, then close of off any rooms that have doors, with the exception of the room their cage is in.

Sending prayers for their safety and that you find them.
Posted By: Hydrus

Re: Gliders got loose with new baby - 10/07/18 05:57 PM

When I let mine run around my room the first place they like to go is behind the headboard of my bed. It's so strange but it reminds me to check everywhere, even between 2 inch spaces.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Gliders got loose with new baby - 10/08/18 03:03 AM

Hopefully you will register. I am moving this to our Help, I'm New Forum now.

Praying these gliders have been found.
Posted By: SuggiePie

Re: Gliders got loose with new baby - 10/08/18 06:39 PM

CHECK THE POCKETS OF ALL CLOTHES IN CLOSETS, DIRTY CLOTHES, ETC!
Posted By: Claralice

Re: Gliders got loose with new baby - 10/09/18 03:45 AM

I would close off rooms and leave a small water and fruit in each area/room-if you haven't found the little one.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL