GliderCENTRAL

New to GC - Looking to Adopt senior glider

Posted By: Sleespinedi

New to GC - Looking to Adopt senior glider - 02/29/20 04:49 PM

Hello!

I have had Caesar for almost 10 years. I actually got him from one of those mall displays. Concerned concerned their legitimacy, I went to a small local breeder to get him a companion. This was before I knew they weren't really regulated, and how big of a problem inter breeding is. We tried twice, and both babies died of birth defects.

I'm pretty sure I actually posted here. Before a few years ago, and I may have put this in the wrong forum. Caesar needs a companion. He is over grooming out of probably boredom and stress from not having a cage mate. He's also much older than most gliders you can get from breeders, and to be honest I dont really trust them at this point.

I am trying to find a companion for him that is 6 or more years old, since he's already 10 himself. I joined GC in the Hope's that this community may have some recommendations on where I can start.

Thank you,
Sandra
Posted By: Feather

Re: New to GC - Looking to Adopt senior glider - 03/01/20 01:37 PM

Hello, an welcome back!

Here is a link to some breeders in Virginia. Maybe one of them has a retired glider that would be a good fit for your little old guy. Virginia breeders.
Posted By: Xeno

Re: New to GC - Looking to Adopt senior glider - 03/01/20 04:58 PM

There are some good breeders out there. For a glider that old you may want to look for a local rescue. They often have geriatric gliders that rarely get adopted. Another option might be to find a retired breeding couple from a breeder. They are usually very affordable and breeding couples are usually well adapted to humans.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL