GliderCENTRAL

newish glider mom being mean to daddy glider....

Posted By: Josh_Glides

newish glider mom being mean to daddy glider.... - 04/19/14 02:29 AM

Ok so my pair had a joey recently. The joey is about 10 days OOP. All of a sudden this evening when my male came out of the sleeping pouch my female became somewhat aggressive. My female is always a bit crabby however this is different. She is crabbing and lunging at my male whenever he tries to re - enter the pouch. They have always gotten along very well together. And this crabbing lunging behavior has gone on for about 45 minutes now.

I only have one sleeping pouch in the cage right now, as I was told it helps during the joey development process....

Any suggestions?
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: newish glider mom being mean to daddy glider.... - 04/19/14 02:50 AM

Is your female by chance in heat and not "in the mood"? If they are fighting like that, I would go ahead and put a second pouch in for the dad. At least for the night to see if it helps.

Going to move this to Behavior & Anatomy for you so you'll get more exposure. wink
Posted By: Josh_Glides

Re: newish glider mom being mean to daddy glider.... - 04/19/14 03:37 AM

I suppose its possible. My boy seemed to stand his ground above the pouch and she crawled up and stiffed him. After that he was able to crawl in and snuggle up... kinda had me panicking for a minute lol
Posted By: NerdyHails

Re: newish glider mom being mean to daddy glider.... - 04/22/14 02:09 PM

poor daddy made mommy mad... This is how it is in my house... lol Momma made daddy mad because he stole her piece of corn... She smacked him... lol I laughed so hard!
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL