GliderCENTRAL

Desperate, Strange question!!!!

Posted By: Glid3rLov3r

Desperate, Strange question!!!! - 07/20/14 06:04 PM

Ok so i know this is going to be a really weird question.... But is it possible for a glider to not want to be with any other gliders?

I know they are colony animals... Here is abit of background on my situation. My one pair had joeys (girl and a boy)but my female rejected them, the little boy had to be hand reared so i had to take him away from them. The little girl did not make it.. Ok he is very bonded to me but obviously he needed to be around other gliders. Once he was old enough i tried to intro him back with his family (his parents) but his dad (he is neutered now)would have nothing to do with him and fought with him but the mom was fine with him. So i had to take him away again. So i have two other gliders a male (neutered) and female separate colony that i decided to try put him with but again the male fought with him but the female was fine. So i thought maybe its because they a set colony. So a friend of mine had a male (neutered) glider who also needed a friend so i took him in. It was ok at first just a few spats. But recently he has just been chasing him around the cage and fighting with him. But sometimes he will go up to him and chatter and then he just goes for him. During the day when they sleeping they are absolutely fine but once they out the pouch its another story???? I am just desperate as i don't know what else to do. Could it be that he just doesn't like other males? Could it be because i haven't had him neutered yet? Or is he just not going to be happy with another glider.

Need help ASAP... Pulling my hair out
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Desperate, Strange question!!!! - 07/20/14 09:09 PM

It could be because he isn't neutered, especially when you put him back in with his parents. Even though the dad is now neutered, he still knows he's a male and won't allow another intact male into his colony.

I would suggest getting him neutered before trying him with more gliders. Especially females so you don't have any unwanted joeys. wink
Posted By: Glid3rLov3r

Re: Desperate, Strange question!!!! - 07/20/14 10:53 PM

I definitely wont put him with any females until he is neutered.. Hopefully getting him done this week smile
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Desperate, Strange question!!!! - 07/20/14 10:57 PM

thumb
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL