GliderCENTRAL

Short Tails

Posted By: kimberlypoole72

Short Tails - 08/28/14 12:51 PM

Hello, this may sound weird but here it goes... I've Twinky for a lil over 4 years now. didn't really pay attention to his tail til I got his mate Bonbon an hers was regular length. They've had babies and their tails are regular until the last set they both were short like his. His tail is like a 1" or more shorter than normal length. In the the beginning I just chalked it up to maybe being bit off until now. I'm wondering if anyone knows why or what would cause this? :lol:
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Short Tails - 08/28/14 05:24 PM

It is typically caused by over grooming while the joeys are in pouch. I've not heard of any type of physical defect of shorter tails.
Posted By: Sherri

Re: Short Tails - 08/31/14 01:06 AM

Where is the like button? Shelly is right.
Posted By: Usha77

Re: Short Tails - 08/31/14 01:40 PM

I have a few with shorter tails that don't appear to have been bitten off in pouch or anything like that as the entire length has the same colors as the ones with longer tails. Does that make sense? As in, the shorter tails still have the dark fur at the end and they look completely normal, just a bit shorter than the "normal" ones.

I just assume it is genetics or just something that they are born with. Like some people have bigger feet than others, despite being the same height...some people have longer legs than others despite being the same height, etc.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL