GliderCENTRAL

please help!! i have a biter

Posted By: asugarg

please help!! i have a biter - 11/27/14 03:42 PM

My Female glider will not stop biting me ive tried all the things the mother would do. But she will not stop, its as if she wants to eat me.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: please help!! i have a biter - 11/27/14 03:52 PM

How old is she, and how long have you had her? Are there other animals in the house that you possibly pet/touch before trying to handle her?

Also consider what hand soap/lotion you might use that she doesn't like.

And it's possible she just hasn't had time to adjust to her new surroundings yet wink

Re: please help!! i have a biter - 11/27/14 04:33 PM

Ive had her and her brother about a month now. I got her 8 weeks oop. Yes there are other animals.but usualy befor i try to even touch her i take a blanket that they sleep with and hold it im my hands to get their scents. Imso ive been using non scented soaps.
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: please help!! i have a biter - 11/27/14 06:57 PM

Many gliders seem to go through a testing stage (glider version of the terrible 2's) around 3-4 months OOP.

Keep making a PSSSTTT sound or say No firmly (not loud or yelling) to let her know it is not acceptable to bite.

Watch her closely, you will begin to see cues that she is getting ready to bite. Once you learn her signs, you can move your hand - and the opportunity to bite - away from her. She will probably give up biting you in a few weeks.

Keep in mind, your other glider may also go through this phase and watch for his cues as well. It might help you avoid the bites most of the time.

Re: please help!! i have a biter - 11/27/14 11:57 PM

Thanks i will stay hopefull.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL