GliderCENTRAL

Im not sure this goes here ( If not please move)

Posted By: TheWildRose311

Im not sure this goes here ( If not please move) - 02/28/15 06:24 AM

Does anyone know what a het for lue mosiac glider would look like.. From what I gather.. A standard gray glider ( If you have pics it would be helpfull to give me an idea)

Thanks.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Im not sure this goes here ( If not please move) - 02/28/15 10:05 PM

I hope someone can come along and help you with your question. Shelly has bred gliders, she may see this post tonight.
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: Im not sure this goes here ( If not please move) - 03/01/15 12:52 AM

Quote:
a het for lue mosiac glider would look like

It would look like a mosaic glider.

The leucistic trait is recessive and the het is short for heterozygos or 'one gene' indicating that the glider MAY OR MAY NOT carry one copy of the Leu gene. If it is 100% het - because one of its parents was a leu gliders and would have contributed the leu gene - you cannot see it in the glider's color. If it has a lower percentage the only way to know if the glider actually carrys the leu gene would be to breed the glider to another leu or leu het glider and have them produce a leucistic joey. Then you know both parents carry the gene.

If the glider appears to be a standard grey - it may still carry the Leu gene as described above - but it would NOT have the dominant gene for the mosaic coloration. If the glider has a mosaic gene - it will have mosaic traits such as white hands and feet and patches of white where you would normally find grey or black markings.
Posted By: TheWildRose311

Re: Im not sure this goes here ( If not please move) - 03/05/15 03:20 AM

That's what I wanted to know... I additionally talked to the breeder, And she said the same smile
© 2020 GliderCENTRAL