GliderCENTRAL

Afraid of pouch?

Posted By: Twixy_

Afraid of pouch? - 04/27/15 10:16 AM

Due my kids keeping me om a very hectic schedule I haven't really been able to spend as much time with Twixy in her pouch as I usually do. The last few times.I have put her in it a couple times recently but each time she acys weird. she bites at edges and digs in corners like she is trying to get out. snd meke. She has always seemed to enjoy the pouch,sleeping and clicking . Is it possible she is afraid now or do they "grow out of it"? (meaning the older they gwt they stop being comfortable in it)
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: Afraid of pouch? - 04/27/15 03:04 PM

What time of day are you trying to carry her in the bonding pouch?

What are you doing while carrying her in it?

If you are busy during the daytime and trying to carry your glider in a bonding pouch in the evening - she may object because this is the time of day gliders are most active in their cage and looking for food and exercise. Many gliders will fight a bonding pouch when they are not normally sleepy.

If you are carrying her during the daytime but are moving around frequently, you could be disturbing her sleep.

Bonding pouches are best used during the daytime when you are sitting quietly so your glider can sleep soundly. You can pet her gently through the pouch and as she gets to know and trust you it may be possible to slip your hand in the pouch with her and let her sleep in your hand.

Some gliders just do not like the confined space of a bonding pouch. You can try a larger less confining pouch or you might just wait until she is awake in the evenings and play with her in a limited glider safe space like a small bathroom or a screen tent so she can actively explore you and climb on you to get to know you better.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Afraid of pouch? - 04/28/15 11:32 PM

Candy has giving you some great information.

Most gliders are wanting to play in the evenings so carrying them in the bonding pouch in the morning when they want to sleep is best.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL