GliderCENTRAL

Can't tell my new caramel joeys apart!

Posted By: Mema

Can't tell my new caramel joeys apart! - 05/29/15 12:43 AM

Is that unusual. I can only tell when they are together and looking at me because one has a lighter face maybe but other then that I can't get close to the both of them at the same time. Their personalities are different for sure. Izzy is more timid and crabs even tho it's getting better if I get to close in her pouch. She won't take any treats other then black cherry yogurt from me. Bella is a sweetie has never crabbed and will pretty much eat anything. I really want to spend more time bonding with izzy but how do I figure out who's who? Is there any way to mark one of them temporarily like with food dye or something. Is this unusual. I feel bad but I have not been able to spot anything different on either one of them.
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: Can't tell my new caramel joeys apart! - 05/29/15 02:40 AM

There really is no good way to mark your gliders - they would groom away anything you could safely mark them with.

Take a good close photo of each one's face - it is easier to study and compare photos for details than a couple of moving gliders.

Look closely at the head stripe, I know it is light on the Caramel gliders but you should still be able to see some differences in shape. I usually look at the distance between the tip of the stripe and the glider's nose - one glider's strip will likely be a tad longer than the other's.

Also look at their tails - it helps to be able to identify gliders coming and going - The darker part at the tip of the tail may be longer on one glider than the other. This difference will tell you quickly who is hiding behind or inside something with the tail sticking out.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Can't tell my new caramel joeys apart! - 05/29/15 04:54 PM

I can usually tell mine apart by their personalities, plus some have a difference in their facial stripe, some may have a little shorter snout.

If you observe them you will eventually be able to tell them apart.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL