GliderCENTRAL

ways to neutralize the marking scent

Posted By: Ittermat

ways to neutralize the marking scent - 06/22/15 11:46 PM

Hopefully this is in the right area...>_<

I have a question... does anyone know of some good ways to mask/neutralize the marking scent outside of my gliderbutts cage?

I dont have a problem with it... in fact I can barely tell at all... but jonathan complains about it constantly...even though I try really hard to keep things clean, and smelling good apparently nothing Im doing is working...I know you cant really use certain incense... Or scented things near them (glade plugins...scented spritzers etc)... but what do you guys use, how do you neutralize the scent? If you do at all?...
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: ways to neutralize the marking scent - 06/23/15 01:40 AM

Do you have an intact male? They can be pretty smelly critters - and neutering is the best way to get rid of the smell.

You may be over cleaning the cage - gliders LIKE their scent on everything. If you thoroughly clean the cage - they just work overtime to make is smell like home again quickly.

If the room has carpets around the cage - you might see if you can locate the cage on a solid surface floor that can be easily mopped. In my last home I had wall paper on the walls in the room where the glider cages were kept - that really became stained and held the smell.

Re: ways to neutralize the marking scent - 06/23/15 01:50 AM

nope both are nuetered... and we deep cleaned the carpet not too long ago. plus they arent in the same spot of carpet they were before... Like I said I CANT tell... its Jonathan that has the issue

plus the only area with hard flooring is the kitchen (Too small for the cage) and the bathroom- WAY too small for the cage XD)

And I dont clean everything at once.. (I used to then I learned better) so there is always a few things that smell like them in the cage.
Posted By: josefine

Re: ways to neutralize the marking scent - 06/23/15 03:02 AM

We bought an air cleaner,&this helps big time.

Re: ways to neutralize the marking scent - 06/23/15 03:56 AM

You mean like an air purifier?
Posted By: josefine

Re: ways to neutralize the marking scent - 06/23/15 05:24 AM

Yes, that is what I meant. It runs all the time.

Re: ways to neutralize the marking scent - 06/23/15 12:18 PM

I do have one of those at my mothers...I bought it for my guinea pig and her lung problem...ill have to go get it and get a new filter and try it.
Posted By: Feather

Re: ways to neutralize the marking scent - 06/23/15 07:09 PM

I have a HEPA Air cleaner in the room and I also put out Citrus Magic Solids and use Citrus Magic spray in the room.

Citrus Magic spray is safe for my parrots so I use it in the room.

Here is a link to their products: Citrus Magic

I also use the Citrus Magic veggie wash, love it.

Re: ways to neutralize the marking scent - 06/23/15 07:13 PM

I might have to try that too
© 2019 GliderCENTRAL